Side effects from "quitting" smoking

cesar

Recently I realized that some of the side effects I been having is actually from " quitting " smoking..restless sleep, bad dreams, constipation, pins and needles..I'm sure I even developed some allergies... this needs to be clarify better, some of the side effects people feels is actually you body changing back to normal, and is to do with quitting smoking, not vaping.

What nic level are you at, Cesar? Do you chain vape shortly before bed? The restless sleep and bad dreams sounds like you're getting too much nic near bedtime. Try going to a lower level two to four hours before bed.

The constipation and pins and needles symptoms sound like dehydration and you're not drinking enough water. Vaping dehydrates you so you need to drink more water (not soda, not coffee, tea, juice, etc.) plain old H2O.

These symptoms are not the side effects of quitting smoking so much as the things I detailed above. Although I'm not a medical professional (nor do I play one on TV), I've seen these symptoms and experienced them before.  :)

^^ This ^^

Water is the key to many of the effects you have mentioned... I drink about a gallon a day these days (and I use to despise the taste of water)!  After I started vaping 0-6mg before bedtime, I started sleeping like a log.  Vaping 18mg before bed meant insomnia, odd dreams, tossing/turning/waking, and not getting any "decent" sleep until just before the alarm went off.

Some of that definitely sounds like being over nic'ed and a bit dehydrated. I had similar results a couple of weeks ago when I decided it was a good idea to chain vape 8-10 hits in a row and then immediately try to go to sleep. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought that someone slipped something in my drink lol.

The constipation and allergy development is probably related to quitting the cigs though. Especially if your morning routine included a smoke and coffee to "clear out the pipes."

Edited by Kevo88

Luckily I never had any symptoms except a bit of heartburn. I rarely drink water and never had a hydration issue but I know many that have and Tam is spot on there. My IStick sleeps between my pillows and I puff till I fall asleep and then hit it a couple times if I wake up to go to the bathroom without ill effects. I did drop from 24mg down to 18mg because it was causing heartburn and I never realized how much better 18mg tasted lol. Its just that I go through about 75% more liquid in a day at 18mg than I did 24mg.

I said I had no issues with dehydration and that is not entirely true. Memorial Day before last (2013) we were on our boat all weekend at an on the water festival we go to every year and on Friday night and Saturday-Saturday night I drank like I was in Panama City on Spring Break lol. Late Saturday evening I started noticing my ankles swelling and had pins and needles in my extremities. We went home early Sunday and I propped my feet up but had not urinated in over 12 hours. I started drinking water and more water and still nothing coming out. I got up on Monday and went to work and by 3pm I did not know where I was. They took me to the hospital where I was given IV fluids and had a host of tests run and the official diagnosis was "Congestive Heart Failure brought on by severe dehydration". I am not sure how much to blame on the 24mg nic I was chain vaping as I finished a 1.75 of Makers Mark in a 24 hour period in 95 degree weather before we bought the new boat with AC lol.

The thing to remember is everyone's physiological makeup is different and things ingested will always have different effects on different people. When I quit smoking my allergies instantly disappeared (mainly pollen) and I do not even have to medicate in the worst pollen. Where we live is ranked #1 of any city over 100k population with regards to outdoor allergies.

Some of that definitely sounds like being over nic'ed and a bit dehydrated. I had similar results a couple of weeks ago when I decided it was a good idea to chain vape 8-10 hits in a row and then immediately try to go to sleep. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought that someone slipped something in my drink lol.

The constipation and allergy development is probably related to quitting the cigs though. Especially if your morning routine included a smoke and coffee to "clear out the pipes."

Yeah, I do chain vape in the night before bed..is actually the worst time in the day, that is when I sit down and I watch a bit of TV..so I vape like a chimney. The constipation thing makes sense too..that was my routine when I was smoking.

• 8 months later...