Snow wolf 200w irks

So my asmodus snow wolf 200w has been acting up recently. It doesn't register kanthal builds (sometimes). I usually have to switch the build to nickel, fire it, then switch to kanthal and it works. Which is kind of a pain but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem?

Also one medium size problem has arose. When I first turn on the snow wolf, I notice my voltage is incredibly low. With that happening, I get these weak vape hits. So I have to turn it off then back off and it works. However, it comes off as too strong. 

Has anyone had any of these problems and if so, has anyone found a solution?

Edited by Andy2498

So my asmodus snow wolf 200w has been acting up recently. It doesn't register kanthal builds (sometimes). I usually have to switch the build to nickel, fire it, then switch to kanthal and it works. Which is kind of a pain but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem?

Also one medium size problem has arose. When I first turn on the snow wolf, I notice my voltage is incredibly low. With that happening, I get these weak vape hits. So I have to turn it off then back off and it works. However, it comes off as too strong.

Has anyone had any of these problems and if so, has anyone found a solution?

I'm not too sure about what advice to give on the first issue (not registering kanthal builds) other than gossip/rumors I heard while I was visiting one of my local B&M's the other day. I was talking to one of the guys who works there and he mentioned something similar to what you described.  He hasn't heard if it is a widespread issue and he hasn't heard of a "fix" for it yet.  But...he did hear speculation that the Snow Wolf is actually a Sigelei "prototype" for their entry into the TC world (essentially developed by Sigelei, then given to Asmodus for distribution as the "Snow Wolf" under Asmodus' name), so if it is indeed a known issue, it will hopefully have a fix soon.  The way he explained everything overall made sense, as Asmodus is the largest distributor for Sigelei (and P4Y) in the US.

With that out of the way, regarding your "medium size problem" - are you using an RDA?  A tank with prebuilt coils?  An RBA base for a tank?  An RTA?  The "symptoms" you explained have me thinking it's one of three possible things:  #1 - you could simply have a mod with a defective chip.  Like any other consumer product, defects happen.  #2 - If you're using a rebuildable (either RDA or RTA) your coil could be just a tad loose.   #3 - Also depending on if you're using a rebuildable, you could have a loose post (most likely positive post, as most negative posts are milled into the decks). 

I had #3 happen to me with my Lemo.  Drove me up the wall for well over a week.  Couldn't figure out why I could build on RDA's all day long and get consistent results with my coils every single time, but I couldn't built a simple coil for the Lemo.

• 1 month later...

I just bought the snow wolf 200w last week and have been having the same issues with my kanthal builds. At least there is comfort in knowing I'm not the only one... haha. Bought it at a B&M, so will see if maybe I can swap it out and see if anything changes. Haven't build a nickel build yet, so will see if that works.