Oak barrels

Check out a site called innevape. Com they make a flavor called vape my day and the premium version of the flavor is aged in oak barrels for 90 days and people go crazy for it.

• 1 month later...

I was working in the lab late one night .......  Ok, so I'm making Comp's recipe (sorta) using pipe tobacco and PG/VG in a mason jar.  Shaking it twice a day for three months.  Because Malaysia is a majority Muslim country, there don't seem to be many liquor barrels about, so I think I'll get myself over to Ace Hardware and buy some of that "all natural" oak barbeque chips and slip a couple in my experiment.   Maybe that'll achieve the same result?

Not sure it will be the same. Barrels are usually charred and then have the bourbon/whiskey in it for a year or more. This allows the bourbon/whiskey to soak into the charred surface taking on the flavor.

I can simulate that if I live long enough, or if Social Security resurrects me again. Maybe, or not, or......:)

• 1 month later...

So ive done it! :-) 1st tried a 6 week batch and then did 3 months.. Yum yum!! Kinda feel like sending you guys a bottle to try.. verry impressed with the three month batch and have two more oak barrels ready to fill.. also did it with a second juice and it also taste great!! Let me know if you're interested to try some.. I also was thinking about trying the different kinds of oak chips but time will tell if I ever do..