nicotine content

BFD

Do less ohms allow me to lower the nicotine level of my juice or is it something you just do over time if you want to im at 16 to 18mg now with 1.5 ohm coils,i dont get nausea or light headed but hear alot of people using 5to8mg .Opinions greatly appreciated.

Nicotine absorption rates are affected by heat... lower ohm coils provide more heat, thus more rapid absorption of nicotine.  As you go down in Ohms, you lower your Nicotine.  Those of us who drip and run 0.5 Ohms or lower, MUST lower the nicotine levels.

At 1.5 Ohms and 18mg, that is about right for someone who is starting out, and smoked about a pack a day.

If you drop to sub-ohming, you'll want to cut that nicotine level in half or a third (6mg), because you'll get the same volume of nicotine (that you're use to) through absorption because of the higher heat.

I like what your saying i seem to be doing fairly well cause im using 16 to 18 mg and i used to smoke 2 to 2 and a half packs a day a little over a month ago but then again alot of them burned away sitting in an ashtray.

• 4 weeks later...

Been using 18mg for well over two years I think that's my sweet spot. My wife recently dropped to 18mg from 24mg and she can't tell the difference. I tried 12 it is not happening lol. We will probably use 18 from here on out.

Yup, once upon a time we used to have "pen ecigs" which were these horrible little things that lasted all of about 2 days before the atomizer needed changed. I was vaping 24mg and it was barely enough. Back then we had 36mg bottles too. Since then ecigs have become extremly efficient (and much more reliable) and the heat tends to aid with the absorption much better.