Dropped a Cloupor Mini today (on concrete)

Well, I was preparing to leave work today... tossed my leg across my bike's saddle, and realized I had laid my Cloupor mini on the pillion... just as I heard it hit the asphalt, and what sounded like lots of breakage :wallbash:

I gotta hand it to these little things... they are TOUGH!  The battery cover popped off, the battery went flying, and even the cover over the electronics popped off... but once I put it all back together, it worked just like it did before!  Didn't even scratch, break, or damage the AeroTank V2 that was attached! :animier:

The only damage to anything was a tiny scuff on the back corner at the bottom (on the battery door), where it made first contact with the pavement.... didn't even knock off the black paint :)

Further proof to me that these little gems are tough as nails, and worth every penny of the $30 price-tag...  I'm not so sure I'd want to try that with my IPV minis, or any of the more expensive box-mods...

Ouch, glad to hear it is a good unit though. Like Tam, I'm surprised the tank made too! I have dropped my XPV a few times in the dirt on cement and it is still going strong. However, mine has some scratches on it. Being aluminum though, this don't shock me.

Thank goodness!  I am glad to hear they are that stout!  I am like the others, and I cant believe the tank didn't break.  I don't carry mine (except as a backup) because I nervously click the door.  I guess I need a silicone cover for it....

It sounds like it is doing better than my ipv mini 2.  I have never dropped it, it is wrapped, and all of the exposed paint is just about worn off.

It sounds like it is doing better than my ipv mini 2.  I have never dropped it, it is wrapped, and all of the exposed paint is just about worn off.

Yep, that is my only complaint on my IPV minis... my black ones turned "grey", and paint is coming off, anywhere they've been touched, and the edges.  You can easily see my thumb-print and where my fingers wrap around the opposite edge :(  The gold one is doing it too, now... at least the thumb-print area is showing silver through the gold...

They work so well, though... but I'll eventually have to wrap them.

Hehe....once in a while you drop your bread butter-side up and all is good! :)

Amen! 

I'm shocked the tank didn't break too, but Kanger tanks are pretty sturdy IMO.  I've broken one so far, and it took a heck of a hit onto concrete to just crack it... my Nautilus... broke (read: shattered) by being knocked over (attached to my MPV) on a particle-board desk!

• 2 weeks later...

I was toking on my i stick and about to set it down to reach for the deodorant bottle and the cat chose that very moment to give me a tail hug.  I tripped on the cat, sent the deodorant and i stick and the cat and myself flying. Something hit with shattering crash and I thought never mind broken bones was it the PV?  After picking up the pieces, the only casualty was the deodorant bottle which lost a corner and contents.  Hard to believe because that deodorant bottle has glass as thick as a submarine port hole so as to cheat us on the contents I'm sure.  Before cleaning up I checked and yup! The i stick and tank were totally fine and so was the cat and myself.  Following the advice of so many here, I also had backups for that deodorant bottle :)  Happy that the outcome was good for you too Earthling.  

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, that is my only complaint on my IPV minis... my black ones turned "grey", and paint is coming off, anywhere they've been touched, and the edges.

My complaint is the threading on the battery cover.  I know others with the same Mod and they all complain that they cross thread easily.   

My complaint is the threading on the battery cover.  I know others with the same Mod and they all complain that they cross thread easily.   

​I have four, and three thread perfectly every time (effortlessly), but one does tend to lean towards cross-threading... I have to be very careful every time I screw on the battery cover :(