smoke alarm vs e-cigarettes... article 5-1-15

HOOKER

If the smoke alarm is of the type that detects haze or clouds (photo sensitive) it could set off the alarm. It is not setting it off chemically. (Particulate sensitivity).

I took a huge lung hit off my Atlantis & exhaled a cloud that fogged the hallway when I set it off,, I did call our alarm company before I did it & told&m I was gonna test it....

lack of communication on their part caused a dispatcher to call me within 10sec,, after a brief call someone handed her the test note...

I have never set one off at home.  My office gets so thick you can barely see the other end.

Last night in a hotel, the one in my room chirped a few times.  The bad thing is it took at least twice before I realized why it was doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never set one off anywhere and have even tried. I guess it depends on the detector because other than in restaurants surrounded by people and on airplanes I pretty much vape wherever I am lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I've set off the smoke alarm...a few times. The most recent was at a hotel. They had a smoke detector right above the bed. I had a few people in my room and we were all vaping, completely forgot about the alarm and set it off. It was a smaller hotel and other than a stern warning didn't face any major issues. :)