Waterproof available yet?

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything but has anyone developed a waterproof ecig yet? Stick battery or APV do not care which.

I read about the ELVT but it is rated for amall splashes and in reviews when submerged it took on water.

I am talking about a fully submersible battery unit if no one has made one of these yet then why? Surely me and the 20 or so vaping lake people in my circle can't be the only ones that would pay premium for a truly waterproof unit.

Edited by bcartervol98

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything but has anyone developed a waterproof ecig yet? Stick battery or APV do not care which.

I read about the ELVT but it is rated for amall splashes and in reviews when submerged it took on water.

I am talking about a fully submersible battery unit if no one has made one of these yet then why? Surely me and the 20 or so vaping lake people in my circle can't be the only ones that would pay premium for a truly waterproof unit.

I was curious about one also as my fishing season starts soon. One only knows how many cell phones I lost too Poseidon before I got a good waterproof one

I'm not a engineer but unlessyou had a couple of oneway micro valves on it I think it would be dangerous...

1 for battery vent & 1 for airflow...

I hadnt looked at link yet but will when I get a chance...

I thought the newest version of the E-LVT was waterproof (submersible)?

Well, nope, it's not... it's rated at IPX-1, which translates to "can survive splashes", to be fully submersible, it would need to be rated at IPX-7 or IP-67.

I know my Kodak Z740 camera is NOT even water resistant...

its seen the bottom of BLUFF Landing on the Navigation Channel several times each time costing me $55 at camera shop..

thats when the camera was NEW,, now its not worth drying out...

I'm wondering how many devices we're going to drop in this year??

MAGNETS come in handy!!!

(especially in 14fow)

I mean you can buy a $10 disposable camera that is waterproof to 50 feet. I assume it contains a Li Ion battery as well.

I was just wondering because it has been a long time since I paid any attention to new products since I almost two years into my setup and very happy with it other than needing a way to make it waterproof. Most have survived a quick accidental dunk, left in rain dropped in puddles etc... Vision Spinners are tough as hell and I am amazed how much stronger the Davide glass is compared to KPTs but not tough enough for full no worry water submersion.

I would actually prefer it to be a stick style battery even 400 or 600mah would be fine. It just sucks to be floating in the water with a drink in my hand and have to climb back in the boat to take a drag or risk killing a battery.

Would be a big $$$ generator should someone come up with a design.

Edited by bcartervol98

B, I agree it would be a huge $$ maker for someone, but my limited engineering experience sees several hurdles to overcome... the main one being the fact that it would be hard to seal the 510 connection and still allow for air-flow to the tank... the problem goes up exponentially for eGo connections.  You can seal the battery and electronics for waterproofing, but your #1 failure point is the contact for the 510... just think how many of us have had a juice leak that follows the center pin and contaminates the internal circuitry?

I, too will keep my eye open for something that is at least water resistant, but I think true IP67 waterproofing is going to be a vaping unicorn :)

Making a waterproof mod can be done and it has been done. There was a member, from long ago, that took the Otter Box camera cases and turned them into box mods. The mod turned out to be indestructible. It could be submerged in water and could withstand being dropped or banged. He developed it for the military guys and was called the War Box. It wasn't very cost effective to build. The case alone was expensive and the time to build it was tedious. The guy that developed this mod has long disappeared into vaping history. It was a brilliant idea.

Please don't try and contact him. Like I said he is long gone and the last I heard is not modding anymore. I can't believe this video still exists.

Edited by BirdDog

What happened to that guy, no wait maybe it was a woman who did that youtube vid of the watrrproof set up? I'll have to see if I can find it. Actually now that I think of it I think there were a couple people working on this.

I'd be surprised if this hasn't developed into domething yet. It was at least a year ago.

I saw that video way back when the last time this came up. It is the only part of vaping I still after 2 years have an issue with as much time as we spend in and on the water. We spend 60-70 nights a year on the boat and I would pay good money for a simple safe preferably Ego style battery that is completely waterproof lol.

You are correct about the Vision Spinners bcarter. I've dunked mine a few times and they always survived after drying out. Most of the time I'd just blow on the connector, give it a few minutes in the sun and be good to go. I've been through 4 of them in the past year and a half. 3 of them have been dunked and 2 are still in service.

Go to wallyworld, buy a pack of ballons, pick out the long ones and put one around the batt up past the button. A rubber band wound tight around the top should keep it somewhat water resistant......but not waterproof.

Go to wallyworld, buy a pack of ballons, pick out the long ones and put one around the batt up past the button. A rubber band wound tight around the top should keep it somewhat water resistant......but not waterproof.

Mod condom :laughing: :laughing:

Lol

Actually, bcarter that's a newer video where the guy made a new version but it's not much different than the old one. You might be able to commission him to make you a couple of them. :)

Edited by Bebop

I sure don't have the answer but it gives me pause to digress.  When I first arrived in Malaysia I was planning a trip to Tioman Island. I thought getting a new watch that was water proof would be just the ticket.  I went to a vendor and got a watch that was way too expensive but was advertised to be able to survive armageddon.  Water proof, shock proof, for all I know bullet proof and nuclear bomb proof.  I got to Tioman, and walked into the water with about three inch waves and submersed myself almost up to my ankles. A tiny wind came up, basically a tropical breeze, and splashed a tiny drop of water on my new watch.  It immediately went into timex arrest.  Flat lined.  No resuscitation worked.  Back on the mainland, the dealer had vanished.  Anyway after that I bought a really cheap watch that I tortured because who cared it was cheap.  It wouldn't die until it almost completely fell apart.  Is there a lesson here?  Maybe the mod condom is the best solution.  I'd sure give it a go. 

You are correct about the Vision Spinners bcarter. I've dunked mine a few times and they always survived after drying out. Most of the time I'd just blow on the connector, give it a few minutes in the sun and be good to go. I've been through 4 of them in the past year and a half. 3 of them have been dunked and 2 are still in service.

Between my wife and I we have 12 Spinner 2s and 7 1300mah Spinner 1s lol. Some are almost 2 years old and the only one to die was submerged in saltwater for probably close to an hour before I found the tip of the lanyard swaying in the surf. I was drunk haha. Even so after I dried it out and gave it a rice jacuzzi it worked several more months but only lasted about half as long.

I am 100% convinced the Vision Spinner is the toughest battery of its style made.

The IPV2S and IPV3 are rated water resistant. In the 2S introduction video, they submerge it in a bowl of water and it still works right after. Now I probably wouldn't be using it while swimming but it does give some piece of mind if you have a water accident.

Yes it is. If I sold vape gear Vision Spinners would be the only ego style batteries I would carry. I would really like to get a couple more original 1300's. Anyone know where to get genuine ones online? All the B&M's around here want nearly 30 dollars for them.

Edited by gag8tor