Thinking about a new Tank

cany

IMHO i would hold off a bit, i think we are about to see a wave of new tanks that are able to handle more than 50w and have coils that will go below 0.5 ohms.

Higher vg give you more cloud, i guess the big question is what mod are you using will be using?

If you have to get the tank now, there's the Atlantis (mixed reviews on this one), or the Kanger Sub-tank or the Sub-tank mini with or without the premade sub-ohm coils. 

If you don't want to go the sub-ohm route, there's always the Nautilus and Nautilus mini. My mini gives me more clouds than I want most times.  :)

Just filled up an Anyvape Davide mini (very similar to a KPT mini), with a 60/40 juice at 8 mg nic. Put that on my IPV mini 2 at 7.0 watts. Had to go open the window and turn the fan on I got so much vapor out of it.

You can get "clouds" with just about anything as long as you have the right juice ratio, the right battery/mod and the right resistance atomizer. Maybe want to think about getting a different regulated device? I'm also getting a lot of vapor with my KPT2 and KPT3.

Was that with a Stock coil Tam?

Yep. I'm very selective about which juices I use your coils with, Comp. When I try a new juice, I like to use the stock coils just in case. Your Fruitie-Tootie is the juice I'm vaping and I'm quite impressed!  :)

His Spiced Peaches is my ADV now,I never thought I would find that one killer juice that blows me away.I asked him if he poured juice out of a can of peaches and added nicotine to it.Its that spot on...the bomb.com

His Spiced Peaches is my ADV now,I never thought I would find that one killer juice that blows me away.I asked him if he poured juice out of a can of peaches and added nicotine to it.Its that spot on...the bomb.com

Glad to hear you got an ADV out of it.  :)

Just filled up an Anyvape Davide mini (very similar to a KPT mini), with a 60/40 juice at 8 mg nic. Put that on my IPV mini 2 at 7.0 watts. Had to go open the window and turn the fan on I got so much vapor out of it.

You can get "clouds" with just about anything as long as you have the right juice ratio, the right battery/mod and the right resistance atomizer. Maybe want to think about getting a different regulated device? I'm also getting a lot of vapor with my KPT2 and KPT3.

I agree!

I get very nice "clouds" out of the Aerotank V2's I've been using in the car and at work (thanks again, Tam).  With a stock 1.8 Ohm coil @ 10.5W (Cloupor Mini), running 50/50 juice... I have to keep the window cracked so i can see to drive :)   That same juice in my Russian, 1.4 Ohm @ 12.5W, and the cloud is even more dense (and quite creamy and satisfying)!

I mixed a batch of the same flavor at 30/70, and I'm almost afraid to try it anywhere but at home... I think the cloud rolling out of my car window would be reminiscent of "Cheech and Chong" movies :D

I really like the SubTank Mini.  It will be a bit large on the i23, but it is a very versatile tank.  You can run the 1.2 ohm coils if you don't want to subohm and the .5 if you do.  You also get the RBA section.  I wish the RBA would work on the Sub Tank Nano.  I really think it is a better size for the i23, iStick, Cloupor Mini and VaporShark DNA30.  I am getting some of the best flavors I have ever had from the RBA with coil made of Tiger Wire from Fadora Vapor,  I think another thing that makes it so versatile is the airflow can be cut down really low, or really open.  I run it in the middle.

So maybe I should try a higher VG with the tank I have?    What ohm would I need to fire a 70vg?

The resistance level shouldn't really play a part in the coil for higher VG. My personal preference is 1.8 ohm on a single coil for the KPT2 like you have. It gives you more versatility, imo. With a higher VG, keep in mind that it's going to gunk up your coils faster but you will get more vapor.

Tam is correct... coil resistance has nothing (really) directly related to vapor production.  Resistance (lower) allows for higher Amps, and thus higher Wattage when using a mechanical device.  Since you're using a VV/VW device, resistance is not relevant because YOU can set the Wattage or Voltage to provide the power you desire.

Using a 1.8 Ohm coil, high VG juice, and setting the Wattage to the sweet-spot of the juice (which may be 7W, may be 15W, who knows... ) will provide you the max in flavor and vapor of the juice.

Sure, you can go lower Ohms, even sub-ohms, but VG content is the key to vapor...

You'll be fine with a 1.8 ohm coil. Just be aware that you'll want to give your wick a little extra time to soak up the juice when you first put in the new coil. More VG makes for thicker juice so you might get a dry hit or two if you chain vape too fast. Otherwise, 70 VG should be fine. I wouldn't go any higher than that, though.

If you get 70 VG and find that it's a little too thick, you can always get some PG to add to your juice or use distilled water. Add only one drop (or two at most) into your tank and shake well to mix it all up. That will thin out your juice, but it will also affect your vapor production but not by much and you probably won't notice the difference.  :)

I have used 80% VG in my KPT2 @ 1.5 Ohm and 1.8 Ohm without issue.  YES, you will need to heed Tam's warning about slower wicking, due to thicker juice!  Once you fill the tank, allow it to soak the juice for a good 5 minutes (or longer), and chain vaping thick juice will increase the chance of a dry hit or burnt hit... not that it will be a guarantee, but you should be aware it is more possible to happen with higher VG juices.

So if I decided to go 70vg Ill be ok using a 1.8 coil? Im so confused

Yes. I prefer a 1.2 to 1.8 ohm coil and I use 70vg juice. The only time you run into problems is some factory coils have a hard time wicking the thicker juices. I have never had any problems though.

Sorry this had already been answered. My phone is about an hour behind...

Edited by jasonculp