Cali Declares Ecigs a Health Threat

^^ this ^^

Of course, wackos on the left-coast are the origin of "This product contains ingredients known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, etc." warnings on bubble-gum and tampons!

To them breathing air is the cause of birth-defects... I think they all should remember that water is the leading cause of drowning, too... and I suggest a warning label be placed on all bottled water... you know... for the children...:

"Warning, this product contains Dihydrogen-Monoxide, a chemical known by everyone BUT the state of CA to be the leading cause of drowning, and when combined with Sodium-Chloride and Selachii-Carcharodon-carcharias can be an extreme hazard, resulting in severed limbs, extreme loss of blood, and/or death."

"Warning, this product contains Dihydrogen-Monoxide, a chemical known by everyone BUT the state of CA to be the leading cause of drowning, and when combined with Sodium-Chloride and Selachii-Carcharodon-carcharias can be an extreme hazard, resulting in severed limbs, extreme loss of blood, and/or death."

You don't know how glad I am that I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. My laptop would not have been happy to get sprayed down with water. :D

I think this stuff is amazing.

I went to a seminar where the expert was explaining to us how easily the general public,and public officials could be manipulated. They used the example that Earthling is using and could not get Dihydrogen-Monoxide through the EPA as a fire fighting agent. There was also the fluoride scare in Albuquerque (I will not debate if fluoride is good or bad...I don't know) The city was supposed to start putting fluoride in the water on a certain date, on that day there was many instances of people admitted to the hospital with fluoride caused ailments. The only problem is their shipment of fluoride was delayed and did not arrive for over a week.

And if you have not seen how easy it is to fool some news casters check out this video:

This being said, I am glad we have people out there making sure we don't get poisoned, and have clean water, air, etc, but there has to be some common sense.

Edited by jasonculp

I think this stuff is amazing.

I went to a seminar where the expert was explaining to us how easily the general public,and public officials could be manipulated. They used the example that Earthling is using and could not get Dihydrogen-Monoxide through the EPA as a fire fighting agent. There was also the fluoride scare in Albuquerque (I will not debate if fluoride is good or bad...I don't know) The city was supposed to start putting fluoride in the water on a certain date, on that day there was many instances of people admitted to the hospital with fluoride caused ailments. The only problem is their shipment of fluoride was delayed and did not arrive for over a week.

And if you have not seen how easy it is to fool some news casters check out this video:

This being said, I am glad we have people out there making sure we don't get poisoned, and have clean water, air, etc, but there has to be some common sense.

Holy sht i didnt realize the general population was that freaking dumb...and i am not lumping in most people into that category like everyone here...i mean people in general. Just wow with that video.

Wow...I never knew marshmallows grew on trees. I always thought they were a vine fruit. :lol:

Lol Tam yea im right there with you on that.

Looks like an April fools joke to me, but damn funny! biggrin.png

It could have been an joke. It was presented to our group by a Department of Agriculture public relations person. Also if you do your reasearch about marshmallows you would find out that it was originally based on a plant...

It is funny on how easily the general public can be fooled look at the rise of ClickHole and Onion. I have had many articles from both, quoted as fact by people I know! If something is in print, on the news, or on the internet people tend to believe it. Here is a quote from the ClickHole site:

Let’s be honest: Today, the average website carelessly churns out hundreds of pieces of pandering, misleading content, most of which tragically fall short of going viral.

At ClickHole, we refuse to stand for this. We strive to make sure that all of our content panders to and misleads our readers just enough to make it go viral. You see, we don’t think anything on the internet should ever have to settle for mere tens of thousands of pageviews. We believe that each and every article—whether about pop culture, politics, internet trends, or social justice—should be clicked on and shared by hundreds of millions of internet users before they can even comprehend what they just read.

I see so many people that don't know it happened unless it happened on FaceBook. This is the target audience for this stuff. I am not saying FaceBook is necessarily bad, but there are many better sources for information.

Oh I get it there are a lot of gullible people out there. If it is presented the right way... yeah people will believe it. :D Sad to say, but my X-wife was one of them. There was one time coming back from visiting her family she made the statement "I don't understand why it takes longer to get home than it does to get to my Moms." Her Mom lived South West of where we lived. I told her "That is because it is all down hill on the way there and all up hill on the way back." Well about three weeks later when I wasn't around she brought it up to my folks. She was insisting that it was true. LMAO. She got mad because my Mom and Dad could not keep a strait face and laughed their a^& off. Then they explained it to her that I was just joking. My X was not happy and I heard about it for weeks after that. :D

CA laws are strang anyways...

On fich'n tackle packages throughout U.S.A have warnings say'n ""materials inside may cause cancer in the state of California""

Looks like I wont fich in CA cuz I dont want cancer,, I'll keep my happy *** on Oklahoma waters & be Cancer Free!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently a law student and I can't really think of any case precedent that supports this decision. But then again, the legislature can enact whatever statutes it wants to and there is clearly some kind of lobbying interest (big tobacco probably) that is against the rise of vaping/e-cigs. However, without any good scientific evidence that there is a health risk associated with inhaling second hand vapor, I'm not sure the statute holds water. I think the more prevalent vaping becomes (and it is getting bigger each day) the more our voices will be heard. However, standing up to big tobacco has always been difficult if you are their opposition. They are still the big boys in town.