Constant Burnt Taste from Vape

cbielich

This is what I have

itastevapor.JPG

Its an itaste MVP and I have had it just over a year. It has always worked great and never had an issue with it before.

Recently within a new batch of liquid I bought I have had the burnt taste really bad. Literally in every puff.

I am using the same flavor and brand of liquid that I have always gotten for many months now and its from the same location as well

I have replaced 2 new coils thinking maybe they were bad but still burnt taste

My P and U settings are always at their lowest possible P = 6.0 U = 3.3

No matter what it always is burnt, I can barley puff it at this point.

Could this be a bad batch of liquid that could be causing this?

I dont think its the tank since I have replaced the coils twice now, could it be the base of this particular tank?

Could it be that even though I am at my lowest settings on my mod could it be pushing to much power?

Not sure where to start here.

Have you ever considered trying a bottom coil unit? I never was able to get any sort of decent taste out of top coil tanks I used when I first started vaping. I know that's not your immediate issue which sounds like a bad mix of liquid, but long term I bet you would be happier.

All things being equal, I must agree with everyone else and blame the liquid.

I also second BCarter, in suggesting a different tank... KPT2, KPT3, AeroTank, Nautilus, or Nautilus Mini?

To each his own preference, but my experience with top-coil tanks like the iClear30 and 16 series were inconsistent flavor and an overall burnt taste on any juice I tried. I have two 16's and a 30, cleaned and with fresh coils... honestly waiting for a new home :(

All things being equal, I must agree with everyone else and blame the liquid.

I also second BCarter, in suggesting a different tank... KPT2, KPT3, AeroTank, Nautilus, or Nautilus Mini?

To each his own preference, but my experience with top-coil tanks like the iClear30 and 16 series were inconsistent flavor and an overall burnt taste on any juice I tried. I have two 16's and a 30, cleaned and with fresh coils... honestly waiting for a new home :(

B&Ms push the IClear it seems at least in my area. Not sure if they can get them cheaper for more margin or what. I had one at first but it soon found its way to a "vaper in need" as I hated it. Almost like a refillable glorified CE4.

I tell you I have tried about every mainstream tank there is and for my money you cannot beat a Anyvape (Aspire) Davide with a KPT single coil. I buy the tanks for under $15, full glass, replacement glass readily available and seem to be rock solid.They come with dual coils but I just toss those to the side and they take a KPT single coil with no adjustment or modifications. I have FINALLY converted my wife to a glass tank with the Davides. They blow the KPT series away in my opinion and the KPT single coils work like a charm with no issues.

Edited by bcartervol98

UPDATE: I tested my Mod and the voltage is fine, its pumping out what it's supposed too. I am thinking that this all started when I got a new liquid batch so I am going to start there and see what happens. If it continues then I will get a new tank.

Thanks guys

I have to add that I think it is dry hitting and after a short time all you get is a burnt taste because it can't wick to the coil. I had some top coil tanks that do the same thing. I have them in a drawer and won't even pass them to my worst enemy. I would agree to move to a bottom coil tank,

Chiming in to rec a bottom coil tank. With top coils, unless you're tipping the hell out of it all the time, you tend to get dry hits. Once you burn the wick, you'll never get that taste out until you change out the coil to a new one. You don't have this problem with the bottom coils. Plus, when I used this same tank, I got too much of a wick flavor in my juice... Bleh. :D

What's the PG/VG ratio of the juice you're using? Too much VG and your wicks won't soak up the juice -- that just adds to the dry hits.

Sounds like the juice ratio is your problem like Tam said.Are you giving it a few primer puffs before firing it? Ive had this issue before with my KPT's.Definitely get yourself a bottom coil setup.I recommend the Nautilus hands down.I love mine.

Coming back to this, I have agree with everyone else on shifting to a bottom coil tank. But once you start getting the burning with every hit on a tank, do you empty it out and try with fresh juice or just switch the coil? Because it could be burning the juice, and then you are just putting a fresh coil/wick assembly into burned juice.