Have you Made the Switch AND Cut to Zero?

JohnnyFog

How many of you here who have switched from cigarettes to vaping have made the full transition to zero nicotine?

I'm sure that's not everyone's objective, but it is mine. If you share this objective, have you been successful? If so, how did you set time frames for moving from one level to a lower level? I'm sure everyone has different plans but I'd love to hear a few success stories to support my own goal here :)

It took me about a week to quit cigs and switch to vaping 100 percent. I started out on 12mg and am still there 6 months later. I would love to get to 0 but haven't really persued it hard.....but I do intend to. For the last 6 months I've just had the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' attitude.

I was so thrilled to quit smoking and it not hurt very bad. It was quite easy really. Now, 0 is my New Years resolution for sure.

Deanna

I smoked for 30 years, and leveled-out at 18mg within a few weeks of vaping... and just recently started using 12mg in my daily-vapes. I still have 24, 18, 16, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3, and 0mg juices... and they all have their time and place.

Nicotine is NOT the enemy, it's like caffeine, just a stimulant (naturally occurring in every plant and fruit on the planet).

Maybe someday I'll go down to 0mg for all my juices... maybe someday I'll replace vaping with a new hobby... but I don't see it happening for a very long time... After-all, it took me 30 years to replace my smoking habit with vaping :D

I'm working my way down. I don't necessarily see nicotine as a bad thing but I also think one day I'd like to be nicotine free in the sense of knowingly introducing nicotine in to the body in other than natural means. I seem to be stuck in the 3 - 6mg range for now. While I do sometimes vape 0 it just feels "empty" for lack of a better term. But then, I felt the same way back when I tried to jump from 24 to 12. Now, 12 seems like a lot and I can feel it. I suspect I'll get to 0 one day but I'm not stressing out over it. And maybe when I reach 0 that will be it for me and vaping. Can't say that yet, though.

Started at 24, eventually went down to 12, more 6 these days than others. My juices run all over the place from 24 to 0 for different vaping needs. 24 for when I can't vape much and 6 - 0 when I'm relaxing. For me, I see no rush to get down to 0 and stay there. If it happens, great. If not, I'm just enjoying the ride. :)

I'm fighting a craving this morning for a regular cigarette :( This is the first crave I have had in 5 or 6 days. I have been sick with a cold and I'm just coming out of that and during this time I have been hitting the vaporizer a bit less since I have had a sore throat. Maybe since I'm feeling better my body is asking for more nicotine today.

I'm at zero on most of my juices. I do have nic in my lighter flavors like banana or Bavarian cream to add a little throat hit. It depends on the flavor as to how much nic I have.

Banana is probably the highest because it's a 70 vg juice, between that and the fact that it's a subtle flavor I have to have it at 18 to have it vape right.

I quit cigs 20+ years ago and it was one of the best things I ever did for my health. I am new to vaping and was worried that if I used juice with nic I might want to start smoking again, and nothing is worth that. I am not the type that can have a cig now and then, it's either none, or 2 packs a day, Lucky non filtered, there is no in between. I have one juice with 6mg and the others are all 0. No cravings, so I am happy, just wish I could taste more of the flavors.

I "was" a smoker for 20 yrs, last ten have been a minimum two packs a day. I have been cigarette free for over 20 days, never had this much success before (patches gums etc). Now and then I occasionally still get an urge when i have had my morning coffee or enjoying a great single malt scotch. I started at 24mg and within a week went to 18, i am currently playing between 18 and 12mgs but hope to go to 6 or zero whenever it happens. The key here is that were not smoking cigarettes!!!!! good luck to all

Edited by vaping_jake

Good luck! 0 nic is not my goal or even on my radar but I wish anyone luck if that is their goal.

'

Like I said the day I can drop to 0 nic is the day I will blow up "Member Classifieds" with a lot of gear. For me its like ODoul's I do not see the point for me personally. I vape to get my Nic fix not because I "enjoy" it. I hope someday I can drop it all together.

I am working on it. I have never been a heavy smoker in the sense of regulars. For years I have smoked lights and ultra lights and rarly over a pack a day, many days not even one analog. Never been addicted to it and could and have gone weeks or years with out one. The past few years have been the most I have smoked. It became daily but still not a pack until In laws moved in. Then I really hit it pack and half a day sometime more. Started to back off past couple of months, then found ecigs. So I started with 6mg and now have some 3mg. I do have an 8mg for morning and use my 6 mg for afternoon and 3 mg for night. Once I get all this juice used up I will change it to 6 in morning 3 for afternoon and 0 at night. I am right now running 4 flavors in 4 toppers.

I began vaping nearly 2 years ago. I started off with 24mg nic, after about 6 months I moved down to 12mg for another 6 months, then down to 6mg for nearly 6 months and now I use both 3mg and 0mg for all my juices. I cannot vape any of my 6mg nic juices anymore because they are way too harsh for me to handle. I find the 0mg lacking in flavor. I guess I'm just used to the nic taste, so its gonna be a while before I completely give up the nic. I can vape 0mg for a week at a time but I tend to go back to my 3mg juice every other week or so.

I have only been off analogs for a little over 3 weeks and i started vaping at 18mg then i jumped down to 12mg. And now the 5 bottles of liquid i have are all 6mg which seems to be fine for me...i will eventually get to 0mg which is my goal it just might take me a little while.

With another two weeks down, I'm using 6 and 8mg e-liquids now without much of an issue. I think at this level, I'm vaping a little more than I was before so I'm going to try to settle in at 6mg for a while without trying to move down again.

Thats all I noticed when I dropped from 24mg to 18mg, that I vaped about 1ml more per day and still do. I just get my "fix" from 18mg and am good there. The wife still uses 24mg with no thoughts or ideas of dropping down lol.

I don't think I'll ever do zero. I never could develop a taste for caffeine free coffee. I don't see nicotine as the problem at all. Not even in tobacco products. I know the idiot FDA and equally intelligent congress got big tobacco to admit nicotine is addictive, but I believe after almost 50 years smoking experience other additives (not disclosed) are the REAL culprits. I can forget my vaping products and not go all OCD but when I was smoking I'd really walk a mile for a Camel or whatever through a typhoon or tsunami or whatever. Now when for some reason I can't vape it only feels about the same as if I can't have another coffee. I see no reason to drink decaffeinated coffee and I see no reason to vape zero nicotine.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been vaping 8mg. My last order with Comp had some 20mg and I've been using is sparingly. Other than it being my absolute favor juice (PBFB), I've found I crave it so much less.

I'm no scientist but there has got to be more addictive ingredients in analogs. The way I would jones for a cigarette compared to my need to vape is marked and profoundly different.