Testimonials

aufin

There seems to be a testimonial posted to this forum almost weekly, but usually disguised under someone's introductory post, and occasionally I use the search function to find scattered testimonials. Seems to me there should be a thread dedicated specifically to testimonials about how someone's life has been effected by vaping. I don't mean someone getting all dreamy and drippy with their writing, but simple to the point stories about leaving stinkies/nasties/smellies/coffin nails behind. What'cha think? Just might give someone on the fence, and someone backsliding, some support and/or inspiration ....... and maybe, just maybe, a bit of ammunition for enlightening the FDA all in one place. Nah, on second thought, the FDA isn't interested in being "enlightened" by us. What do we know?

and maybe, just maybe, a bit of ammunition for enlightening the FDA all in one place. Nah, on second thought, the FDA isn't interested in being "enlightened" by us. What do we know?

What do we know? I think we each know a lot more than the FDA does collectively. We also care more because it's up close and personal. We've experienced the damage, the addiction, the impossible to quit feeling, the life without cigarettes, pipes, cigars isn't worth living feeling. We've experienced lately the hate from the get rid of cigarettes nazis, the not near my kids syndrome, not in the house rule, not in the mall rule, not in the office rule, not in the pub rule (for the gods' sake!), not in the restaurant rule and even not outdoors except in designated areas rule. And any other venue you might think of. Now something comes along that actually makes quitting smoking virtually painless and it is poo pood. Finally a method comes along that has no side effects except better breathing, more energy, more stamina, probably longer healthier life, no second hand smoke and it's vilified! What morons we elect and appoint. This should be touted from the highest hills, given the best Madison Ave. treatment and yes I'll say it, even offered as an alternative to kids considering taking up cigarettes. It's far less addictive than all the whatever is added to tobacco, and as easy to avoid even after long use, as coffee.

....... and maybe, just maybe, a bit of ammunition for enlightening the FDA all in one place. Nah, on second thought, the FDA isn't interested in being "enlightened" by us. What do we know?

What do we know? I think we each know a lot more than the FDA does collectively.

I do agree that we know WAY more than the FDA. I tried all of their "approved" methods of quitting...and continued to smoke. I started vaping and I don't smoke any more...

I can't give a full blown testimonial just yet. But I do know that I will have one comming up very soon. I just gotta find the right nic level and burn thru this last 30ml of 10mg I have sitting infront of me. Im going to give that maybe 5 days at the most the way it been going...lol. This kind of a thread is a great idea if you ask me...

Jimbo

I think testimony is a valuable tool if there's enough. Or if it's powerful enough. And even all drippy if it gets to someone's heart. Drippy certainly works in songs. ("and honey I miss you..... and I'm bein' good....and I'd love to be with you...... if only I could") But seriously, if tomorrow they took away my right to vape, it'd be a death sentence and that's not too strong. I would immediately go back to smoking only more so. I've been vaping for about 18 months and have got used to chain vaping because mostly I can. That's a reality. I'm sure I would try to smoke just as much and often. I've kinda put my former smoking in the same category as a chronic illness like diabetes. I can live a normal and relatively healthy life as long as I can vape to keep the tobacco at bay. Sure there may be incidents where someone gets hurt (not very likely) but there are also incidents where people don't get their insulin right and have overdoses etc. Should we make insulin illegal because of that? I think that would fly like a rock balloon. So after all this long winded tirade, I too think a testimonial forum is a good idea.