Eleaf iStick

ELeaf iStick

https://www.eleafus.com/battery/eleaf-istick.html

I think it is too early for a full blown review, but would like to let you know my findings so far.

(of course as long winded as I am this will be longer than most reviews)

This little thing rocks!

It is tiny, but fits the hand great with the curved side.

The battery life seems to be good. I have been vaping all day and it shows a little over half of my battery left. I have been running it at 12.5 watts all day (4.9 volts/2.6 amps/1.9ohm). I used approximately 6ml of juice in my Nautilus Mini.
It has a puff timer which I find useless, but interesting. On my MVP i would usually hit the 10 second limit, but, on this one (which I am running at a much higher wattage) I only vape around 4-6 seconds.
It can be run in both variable voltage, or variable wattage. If you push the fire button 3 times quickly it switches modes. When you want to change the wattage/voltage you just push the appropriate button and it will move up or down by .1. It has a neat feature that when you hold the up/down button then press it again the voltage or wattage jump by .2. If you press it a third time they jump by .5. It will continue to move up or down until you press the opposite button. This makes it quick to change to a lower or higher wattage/voltage. (this would probably be easier to understand with a video)
It also has the familiar 5 presses to on or off.
The display is easy to read and show a battery charge level and atomizer ohms. The atomizer ohms are small, and on top below it will show you either the watts or volts. In larger numbers beside this shows either watts, or volts depending on the mode. If you are in wattage mode it shows the volts (calculated) in small numbers under the ohms, and watts in the large letters. If you are in voltage mode it shows the calculated watts in small numbers under ohms, and voltage in the larger. It is pretty cool that it shows the volts or watts based on the other number. I am currently running 12.5 watts and it shows the ohms at 1.9 and the volts at 4.8. If i run it to the max, it shows 15.9 watts which is 5.4 volts. It has a maximum of 5.5 volts so that is why it stops at 15.9 watts with my atomizer. To run it to the maximums I assume you would have to use a 1.5 ohm coil.

For $32.94 this thing is a tiny beast.

Pros:

Small

Light weight

510 connection (Mine came with a great adapter)

High power

Long life

Low cost

An abundance of accessories. They even have a flip adapter to allow you to fold the atty over with the push of a button.

Cons:

Small - my finger covers the air hole on the

Short delay when you push the fire button to when it fires (just a split second, but noticeable)

It is reported that it will not do very low voltage. I can't confirm this with the equipment I have.

It looks funny with my Nautilus on it...it is too big. I like the Mini, but hate filling it all the time.

I would fully recommend this device for beginners and experts alike.

Here are the specifications:

• 2200mAh internal Li-Ion Battery
  • Variable Wattage (VW) up to 20W and Variable Voltage (VV) from 3v – 5.5v
  • Bright OLED display
  • 510 threaded connection
  • Power on/off: Press the button for five times to turn the iStick on and off.
  • 10-sec Protection: Maximum of 10 seconds per drag.
  • Atomizer Short-Circuit Protection: If atomizer short-circuits, the OLED screen show “Atomizer Short”.
  • Low-Voltage Protection: Once the battery is below 3.3V the OLED screen will show “Lock”, which means its time to recharge.
  • Unlock the Low-voltage Protection: The iStick begins working again once it reaches 3.65V.
  • Low power Alert: If the battery’s power is lower than 10%, the power symbol on the screen will flash.
  • Atomizers from 1ohm to 3ohm capable
  • Pass-Thru vaping while charging
Edited by jasonculp

Great info. Thanks for taking the time to give the heads up. I think it is so helpful to find stuff that works for newbies who have no clue to find something that's reasonably priced that performs. I sure wasted a couple of years and a lot of money trying flops. You could buy 3 of these for less than 100 bucks and have 2 backups. I probably spent at least 5 times that just messing about by highly touted stuff that didn't work worth (fill in with your favourite worthless word :)

Great info. Thanks for taking the time to give the heads up. I think it is so helpful to find stuff that works for newbies who have no clue to find something that's reasonably priced that performs. I sure wasted a couple of years and a lot of money trying flops. You could buy 3 of these for less than 100 bucks and have 2 backups. I probably spent at least 5 times that just messing about by highly touted stuff that didn't work worth (fill in with your favourite worthless word :)

I hope it helps someone!

I can't attest to it's longevity. I am really liking it though.

I got mine this morning. It feels solid and and despite the $30ish price tag it doesn't feel "cheap". Been vaping on this little thing all day and probably will have enough battery to get through tomorrow too.

Um yeah, I'm waiting on my 2nd one to arrive.

Go ahead Tam, you know you want one!

I got mine this morning. It feels solid and and despite the $30ish price tag it doesn't feel "cheap". Been vaping on this little thing all day and probably will have enough battery to get through tomorrow too.

I've already decided to give one a try. Just haven't decided on a color yet. :)

Where did you get yours that it was 30-ish? Is it a kit or just by itself?

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got mine yesterday. With the Nautilus Mini I am really enjoying it!

So far I am too. I plug in every night, it lasts all day. When I forget, it seems to last the next, most of the time.

I am noticing a few quirks. It seems that every once in a while it does not fire when I push the button the first time.

I have not head any of the problems others have had with the 510 connection. I only use the Nautilus Mini and the full size. I think this has helped the 510 problems with it's good threads and spring loaded positive pin.

I just ordered my second one in Blue.

I have had my IStick for a few weeks now and love it! Battery easily lasts all day and sometime 2 or 3 days. It charges very fast and since its a pass through I never have to stop vaping. It's sturdy and reliable, and small enough to fit in a pocket. And it adjusts just enough for any tank/juice combo I have tried.

I finally got mine yesterday. With the Nautilus Mini I am really enjoying it!

I got the same setup in yesterday's mail. I also got a full size Nautilus that I have not taken out of the box yet. I'm loving this setup. The flavor and vapor production from the mini is very good.

I grabbed a Hallowed out tank for my Mini as I plan on carrying the iStick from now on at work. The Spinner and Spinner II have done well but this fits in my pocket much better and vapes sooooo well. I will be able to give an honest review on durability in a couple weeks. Im in constant motion at work so if it survives me, it will be something! :)

I grabbed a Hallowed out tank for my Mini as I plan on carrying the iStick from now on at work. The Spinner and Spinner II have done well but this fits in my pocket much better and vapes sooooo well. I will be able to give an honest review on durability in a couple weeks. Im in constant motion at work so if it survives me, it will be something! :)

I am excited to see what you think, and how it works for you. I have been in the store for the last few weeks, mine gets much more abuse when I am not on the road. So far so good!

I saw one of these at a local B&M last night... talk about mark-up! They were asking $60 for these... then again, they also had MVP's for $75 and VTR's for $125... and their Spinner 2's were $45! :D

I'm down to one working eGo right now (gave two away, and one got wet and died :( ), so I need to pick up at least a couple of those... but I may snag one of these as a "pocket-replacement" for my MVP... I love my MVP, but being able to squeeze a few more Watts out of a slightly smaller form-factor (with fire-button on the side) will have advantages...

I do like the iStick, but I am seriously worried about the longevity. I have 2 now, both work fine with no problems. They just are not built like my MPV. The thing is a tank. I think I am going to put a recessed, spring loaded 510 on it. I wish it put out a few more watts, but overall it is great.

I do prefer the the size and button placement on the iStick. I like the option of having more power. I only run it at 10.5 watts, so I am not gaining much. (10.5 watts is really closer to 13 but eleaf measures it different) 11 watts on the MPV is like running 8 or 9 on the iStick. (this is a guess, there is a chart somewhere, I am just too lazy to go find it)

All in all for a possibly disposable APV for under $40 delivered, I am happy!

• 1 month later...