Quitting is Fun?

jonnoh

I just had another thought. Quitting smoking is really now fun! I've never let myself even dare to think this. I am so OCD about smoking and I don't ever want to go back to it, but I've never really allowed myself to think of vaping as fun. If, in my warped mind, I actually enjoy it, maybe I'll feel the need to go back to damaging myself. Intellectually, this makes no sense at all, but somehow it seems risky to get too comfortable, as you never know what's sneaking up on you. But after I really enjoyed chatting with people while waiting my turn at the bank, and getting back in the car and happily spying my vaping stuff, and then taking a few enjoyable (not craved) hits I suddenly realized I'm actually having fun and pleasure with this. If quitting had been this easy years ago, or governments had spent to develop an actually functional quitting device, I'd have quit then. To quote the ubiquitous McDonald's, " I'm lovin' it".

• 3 weeks later...

My friends, in the strictest sense of the word(s), and in the eyes of the smoke nazis and the uninformed, we are still "smokers"......and drug addicts, too,. In my opinion, it is imperative that the public be informed and educated as to the benefits of electronic cigarettes before anything positive is accepted by the general public and vaping becomes as acceptable as sitting around having a beer, glass of wine, or shot of your favorite adult beverage. There seems to be quite a bit of positive information about e-cigs being better than Big Tobacco's witches brew, but the media seems intent on burying anything positive. Why? Not hard to figure it out...... money talks. But, the word is spreading. Much slower than I, and possibly you, would like, but the e-cig is gaining ground.... at a snails' pace. According to an article in my local newspaper today, the CDC says e-cig use by high schoolers has tripled over the last three years. Is this good or bad news? Depends on how you interpret it. Also in the article it is said that about 23 percent of them used some sort of tobacco product. If the e-cig gets them away from cigarettes and such, then the triple useage increase figure is positive......which is how I interpret the article. Of course, one could say I'm biased since the e-cig has - in one day - taken me away from a 50+ year cigarette addiction, and taken away my small contribution to the well being of Big Tobacco. Don't be beating youself up about vaping being a "cop-out" or anything else. It is what it is ......a much better/healthier alternative to stinkies, a much easier path to finally kicking BT out of your life, and "fun", too, so stay on track and enjoy. Don't let yourself be bothered by anything anyone else has to say. I can't honestly say I "like" vaping, and am having fun, but I do, very much, prefer it to anything else I've tried....as does my wife and non-smoker friends. I've added my 2 cents worth to this so I'll shove my soapbox back under the bed and keep on vapn'. Oh yeah, saw a guy wearing a T-shirt that says "DUDE, It's Only Vapor". Didn't get a chance to talk to him, but, I want one.

My friends, in the strictest sense of the word(s), and in the eyes of the smoke nazis and the uninformed, we are still "smokers"......and drug addicts, too,. In my opinion, it is imperative that the public be informed and educated as to the benefits of electronic cigarettes before anything positive is accepted by the general public and vaping becomes as acceptable as sitting around having a beer, glass of wine, or shot of your favorite adult beverage. There seems to be quite a bit of positive information about e-cigs being better than Big Tobacco's witches brew, but the media seems intent on burying anything positive. Why? Not hard to figure it out...... money talks. But, the word is spreading. Much slower than I, and possibly you, would like, but the e-cig is gaining ground.... at a snails' pace. According to an article in my local newspaper today, the CDC says e-cig use by high schoolers has tripled over the last three years. Is this good or bad news? Depends on how you interpret it. Also in the article it is said that about 23 percent of them used some sort of tobacco product. If the e-cig gets them away from cigarettes and such, then the triple useage increase figure is positive......which is how I interpret the article. Of course, one could say I'm biased since the e-cig has - in one day - taken me away from a 50+ year cigarette addiction, and taken away my small contribution to the well being of Big Tobacco. Don't be beating youself up about vaping being a "cop-out" or anything else. It is what it is ......a much better/healthier alternative to stinkies, a much easier path to finally kicking BT out of your life, and "fun", too, so stay on track and enjoy. Don't let yourself be bothered by anything anyone else has to say. I can't honestly say I "like" vaping, and am having fun, but I do, very much, prefer it to anything else I've tried....as does my wife and non-smoker friends. I've added my 2 cents worth to this so I'll shove my soapbox back under the bed and keep on vapn'. Oh yeah, saw a guy wearing a T-shirt that says "DUDE, It's Only Vapor". Didn't get a chance to talk to him, but, I want one.

Follow your heart,lol......