Test Complete

jonnoh

On Monday, I went to the bank and there were 42 people ahead of me from the number machine so I did as promised to myself. I hung out on the sidewalk if front of the bank with my vaping supplies locked in the car and BS'd with the other hanger outers about all kinds of junk. Mostly how stupidly run the bank is compounded with how stupidly the government runs the banks and everything else, oh yeah and they still don't know where that airplane is. Anyway it was amazing, I didn't even miss it. Of course we were engaged in lying to each other about how many fish we all caught in our wayward youth etc. and it was very distracting trying to outdo each other. But I really didn't think at all about vaping until I finished the banking and saw the stuff in my car about an hour later. I have no intention of giving up vaping as I enjoy it so much, but I really think I could if it ever became necessary. The thing is, I'm one of those guys that the more someone says I can't do something, the more I want it. But, this really fortifies my personal argument that all the other chemicals in tobacco smoke are far more addictive than admitted. Nicotine really doesn't cause me to miss my habit much more that caffeine deprivation makes me miss my coffee. I'm gonna keep trying finite tasks, like walking the dog, trips, et al and keep seeing how much I 'crave' vaping. I can't even equate it with the panic of not having cigarettes, it's a country mile from that.

The longer I vape, the more I find this true. My boss had to run an errand in my car today and caught me in the parking lot. He left for a couple of hours in it, and I didn't freak out. If it had been my cigarettes, I would have walked down the street and bought a pack within 15 minutes!

It is strange how much more panicked I would get. It really makes me curious as to what is in the things that made it that bad. If it was just nicotine the result should be the same, but it isn't. I don't meant to sound like a conspiracy theorist....but.

I really think if the FDA hadn't gone for 'Big tobacco is covering up how addictive nicotin is' idea which was easy to sell to non thinking smoking nazis, and gone instead for contents disclosure, we'd have had an easier time sorting out the addiction in our minds. But no, they made nocotine the bad guy and want to put graphic pics like dead babies and lung cancer mri's and smokers using stomas to get their fix, (we have those in Malaysia, collect all four kids) instead of giving us credit for having a brain in our head and duh all know that smoking damages health and shortens life. Those of us who have tried the patches and gum and fake cigs for the hand to mouth know full well those aren't effective. I've tried everything from hypnosis, to wellbutrin and all the patches etc. I understand there are supposed 'improved' drugs, but with many side effects. Wellbutrin sorta actually worked, but my sig other woke me one night saying he thought I was having a seizure! Sheesh!!! I decided to take my chances with Marlboro country. Then comes vaping. Quitting without side effects except better breathing, more stamina, better energy, better taste, better smell, and no second hand smoke and those idiots won't let it be advertised as a quitting smoking aid, when in actuality it makes quitting virtually painless, not counting how many reduce smoking significantly without even trying just because vaping is so much fun and it's interesting. So conspiracy theory?? Maybe......... :) Maybe the FDA should take a note from Dr. Seuss: " We have brains in our heads, feet in our shoes, We can do whatever we choose ". (paraphrased I think)

My wellbutrin story:

My past consisted of Drug/Alcohol abuse until 25. I quit, panic/anxiety/depression took over. I went years on prescription drug cocktails. Quite a few years back ended up on wellbutrin and zyprexa. It worked great but, I decided to quit because of my side effects. I went to the dr and got the usual, I can't believe you have taken wellbutrin for this long and still smoke...I guess I was immune.

I only drink beer on occasion, so that leaves caffine and vaping as my only vices.

Interesting Mr. Jasonculp. I too tried everything available in my teens and early 20's. You want to try the red pill or the blue on. Both! :)

I made a decision that I'd either continue doing everything offered, and I mean everything, or do everything else. The only thing that kept me off the street corner was the idea I gave myself that if the doc ever said I had terminal whatever, I'd head back to that street corner. But beer and cigs are legal, so that's what I used like forever now. And the greatest thing like vaping is so effective that I'm surprised the inventor isn't given a Knighthood! I NEVER thought I'd be able to give it up, much less over 500 days! It's as close to a miracle I ever expect to see. Keep on keepin' on!

I wont try to rain on anyones parade but, with my history. i was also on welbutrin for a while. the side effects for me made things worse with depression. they were supposed to stabilize me but it put everything on a rollercoaster with a jet engine lol. probably just wasnt the right one for me.

after stopping I decided to take a natural approach with excersize and juicing. this helped rediculously. of course finding time for the gym is hard at first especially if you have kids. but that 45m-1hr a day does WONDERS!

on welburtin (just typed that twice and it still came out wrong so it will stay as is haha) I still smoked and although i would find myself skipping days where i didnt smoke the habit took over more than the need so I guess i just wasnt mentally ready

I spent years looking for the perfect combination of prescription drugs to make me feel good. It took a while to figure out that the drugs were causing many of my problems. Exersize does do amazing things. I just will not make time for it. Since I have not been smoking I am feeling like I need to make more time for it. I am not overweight, but I am so out of shape. I blamed most of it on the cigarettes, but it wasn't the entire problem. Driving all the time and sitting behind a computer when I am not driving has taken it's toll over the last 10 years.