Just Another Success Story

Ive been down to two cigarettes a day for a month now. This morning I threw the pack away to see how it went. This afternoon at a job site I walked dead center into a smoking area, stood there for a moment, then moved on. I really expected to fall in the floor screaming for one but I took a few vapes and surprisingly I lived lol.

Im not sure what was taking my dumb arse so long, to finally push myself over that edge, but its done and Im digging it. Now to start trimming down the nic levels.This forum is more supportive than many realize so keep up the good work members and thank you.

Congratulations!

It is so hard to make that first step. I was the same way. I got down to 1 a day before bed, and I hated it. They tasted terrible and kind of made me sick. I was chain vaping nervously in the evenings so the effect of the analog late in the day was near illness. I smoked the last one and never looked back.

Don't rush stepping down. Do what you need to, to keep from smoking. If you have to stay at a nicotine level for a long time, it is OK. Stopping smoking is such a big deal, people seem to think it is only the nicotine, it isn't. If that was the only thing we were addicted to, we could stop using the patch or gum. Keep drinking the water, and keep your vape gear close by and use it all you need to. Dont feel bad if you more than you think you should, at least it isn't a cigarette!

Good luck, and best wishes!

Yay! Congrats! I second what jason said, don't rush the nicotine levels. Heck I moved mine up, not down, but its working. You can do this!! (And fyi, I now can say your tobacco juices, are the real deal, no need to burn a cigarette to get that tobacco flavor that you enjoy). So, again, great job, and keep up the good work!

Congrats on surviving the "smoker's pit", lol...

Nicotine is not the enemy... don't feel bad if you stay at 18 or 24mg levels for a long long time... you're body is use to the nicotine, and that is okay. Stepping down is an ultimate goal for most everyone, but if you drop too quickly, you will have withdrawals (trust me). I started at 18, went to 24, back to 18, and now I'm at 15 for my daily vape (in tanks), BUT I keep 18 and 24mg handy for high-stress times, 6-12mg for some flavors, 3mg for my RDA, 12mg for my Russian 91%, and vape 3-6mg at night, before bed-time... I can't believe how much better I sleep now!

good job!!! take your time with this though. dont kick yourself for going back.

Ive personally smoked a few just out of curiosity. youll see after say 2 weeks of not smoking at all or even one week. when you actually have one.. it wil be NOTHING like you remember them! (nasty nasty stuff)

Interesting point Earthling. I will have to try a lower ratio before bedtime. I mostly use 24mg and some 18mg. I tend to puff to much before bedtime and can quickly tell when I try to lay down.

I do the same thing... watching TV, I tend to chain-vape, and had issues going to sleep at night because of the 18mg nicotine stimulation.

I tried a 6mg apple-cider one night before bed, went straight out, and slept like a rock (rather than a baby, waking up ever 2-hrs, lol). Now, I find citrus flavors (apple/orange/cherry/lemon) work best before bed... bakery flavors make me hungry or leave a lingering flavor in my nose all night :)

3mg or 6mg work very well if you switch to them an hour or two before bed-time... you allow your body to step-down from nicotine naturally, without going into a withdrawal-mode, and you're not hyped-up when your head hits the pillow....

This really works? I've been one of those wake up every two hours for years. Now maybe I'm thinking that when I using analogues I'd smoke a chimney before bed so as to not get withdrawals during the night. It never worked. I'd still get up disalarm the house go outside and suck one down then go back to bed, read a couple of minutes and fall back to sleep. Repeat. I never sleep through the night unless I drink an ocean before bed. Now I take my equipment to bed, read a couple of minutes, toke and then go to sleep. Wake up in two hours, read a couple of minutes take a couple of tokes, then sleep. Repeat. Sheesh, it never entered my often stupid mind that nicotine is a stimulant! I've always used only 18 mg nic. since I started because that's the most common one available here locally and offers the most variety of flavours. I've got some (trying it on expensive 12 mg. flavours) and maybe that would make a difference? I don't know if there's enough of a difference between 18 and 12 mg to notice. But if y'all say it works to use lower dosage to aid sleep, I'll find some no matter what. Thanks for the heads up. (Sometimes I think I'd better put myself in a home!:):)

I made up some 8mg after Earthlings post and tried it last night. I went to it about an hour before bed and vaped as I normally have. I noticed I didnt toss and turn as much and slept a little longer in between wakening so there has to be something to this.

Weird part, I wasnt craving for a vape when I awoke as I have the last couple of days. Got coffee and went to the 24mg, took a couple hard hits, whoa! What a nic rush. It reminded of those times your without a cig for awhile, and when you finally get to it, you get that buzz, dizzy feeling. As recommended Im in no rush and will do this slowly but what a learning curve.

Ok, I'll give the 12 a go, and see. And after my last experiment going to the hour long banking exercise without vaping, if I can't soon find lower mg juice, I'll try not vaping an hour or so before sleeping. I'm so brave! Bring it on! It would be so great to sleep through the night without having to drink all the available beer in the neighbourhood :)

• 4 weeks later...