Questions about MVP

tea2085

I am sick of my conventional (ego twist, spinner11 etc) and am researching the MVP. It will fit my ego style thread- correct? I will be able to use my old chargers- correct? How long does a charge last? Are they reliable? Where would be a good place to buy one? Thank you if you take the time to answer my queries- Paul

OP you can do what you want but I would suggest trying an American company instead of ordering direct from China even though the savings are there of a few bucks. I only use Vision Spinners only but the Vapor Talk Store has the MVP for $45. I had a Vamo and tried a few other APVs but find I like the Egos so much better I sold all that stuff.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum-357/announcement-15-vapor-talk-price-updates-new-stock/

Edited by bcartervol98

101Vape.com had them for $40, but not sure if they still do...

I still use my MVP daily, and yes, it will work with any eGo threaded tanks or 510 threaded tanks.

They contain a 2600mAh battery, and are charged via micro-usb, just like most cell-phones. Fully charge from "empty" takes about 4-5 hours, but you can also use it while charging (pass-through). It will handle coils down to 0.8 Ohms, and variable-voltage is 3-6V in 0.1V increments... Power is adjustable from 5-11W in 0.5W increments. There is even an Ohm meter and puff-counter!

I prefer my MVP over eGo-style for these main points:

• Stands up on the desk
  • Higher mAh rating than an eGo-style
  • VW setting in addition to VV
  • No special charger needed (charges with my cell-phone cable)
  • Fits well in my hand
  • Button is stiff, which prevents accidental firing

They're not as portable as a stick-shaped eGo, and they are heavier (not by much), but they are durable and reliable devices!

Thanks for the quick replies- how long does a fully charged MVP last? Paul

It would depend on your vaping habits, Ohms of the coil and what you have it set for.. Based on a 1.5ohm coil at 4-6 volts or 6-10watts.... on average at least 1 day or 24hrs for most people. Less if your running .8 coils at high voltage or High watts.

Thanks for the quick replies- how long does a fully charged MVP last? Paul

Using only my MVP, I can get 2-3 days out of it, and I'm a heavy, all-day vaper... For the most part, I just pop it on the charger nightly or every other night, and I haven't seen the yellow light in months. It does not harm Li-On batteries to charge them before they are fully discharged.. it's actually better for them to be topped-off more often!

I bought mine for 39.99 a cpl weeks ago. I comes with the charge cable, just not the wall adapter portion. I've run 1.2 -1.9 ohm builds at 10-11 watts for a cpl days straight with steady use and it still wasn't showing red on the charge status. I do plug it in at the end of the second day though just to be safe. I love it!

I've got 3 of them, they last all day and longer, although I've never got the 3 days they say I might. I seem to chain vape because I can do it anywhere. I've got 3 different versions from VV to VV VW and they've got quite a good range, seem bullet proof and vape consistently well.

But check this out.......... I just got a Devpo e LVT and you won't believe this mod. It's water proof (read resistant), somewhat rebuildable, you can pound nails with it and it vapes brilliantly with VV and VW capabilities, and a bright torchlight! The battery so far doesn't last very long for me, maybe under a day, but longer than my many high mah twists. This sounds perfect for your boating lifestyle, although I doubt it will float :) Their (Devpo) site has a link to a youtube video showing a demonstration with a guy hitting a tree, dropping it from distance, and dunking it in a stream and it still vapes. This I need as I'm really hard on things.

They come with tanks because the MVP kit is a "starter-kit" (battery/tank/charging-cable), and well... because they can... if they can start you off with their tanks, you'll likely stick with them for a while, rather than invest your money with Kanger or Aspire, etc. for their tanks. The iClear tanks are okay, but I did not prefer them over my Kanger tanks, although some people like them...

Edited by Earthling789

It came in the mail today-NICE. Now I am wondering what the life span of the MVP is. I vape pretty much all day and plan to charge it as

Earthling does his. Can I expect a year or more with this battery? Paul

I think most ppl will say it should last a year, but as with anything electronic ya never know. Just make sure you have at least one back up to keep you on track incase something does happen out of the blue.

Ordered my MVP2 from this site-should be here by Tuesday. Looking at the picture at the store, I see (what appears to be) 2 tanks. If so- why do they include tanks? Paul

I am looking into something a step up from my Spinner II batteries. Let us know what you think. I agree with spending a few dollars more and ordering it from the site. I will do the same but will wait on your review :thumbup:

I really like it for all the reasons already mentioned. It is a very solid piece of equipment. 271 puffs so far. I brought it up to full charge last night and am waiting to see when it needs charging again. Some say they charge every other night- I can live with that.

BDM53ENT

I say "go for it" because it is definitely a step up from pen style batteries. It charges like a cell phone and probably has a similar type lithium battery (which have been around for years.) I am glad I moved up but also understand why a lady would want something more elegant looking.At nearly 70, I could care less about looks. Paul

Edited by tea2085