Vaping Properly

xomska

Hello, i'm using 16mg nicotine in my Kanger Tech Evod battery and tank, I notice I lose my headbuzz probably after 2-3 hits, then I usually just enjoy the flavor after that, but is there anyway to hold on to that headbuzz longer? Is there a certain method to vaping that I might not be understanding?

I usually just take long drags or draw the vapor in then suck really hard, then exhale slowly.

I will elaborate not that I am not on my phone. I have vaped the better part of 2 years and still cannot vape 16mg. I am using 18mg now and it gets the job done but my wife still uses 24mg exclusively. I occasionally pop in some 24mg and keep some on hand all the time when I want more nic.

I dislike the term "headbuzz" because I do not associate that with vaping but I get what you are saying. Your lack of the relaxing feeling Nicotine gives in my opinion beyond the first draw or two is because you are using too low of a level for what you are trying to accomplish.

your body also gets used to having nicotine. remember that first cigarette? the headrush it gave you, little dizzy and very mellow? thats what I loved but after smoking so much I ended up chasing that feeling with no success and after a while I was hooked and disregarded that feeling completely.

If its the same3 thing with vaping, a higher nic will probably do the trick but just be careful not to get too dehydrated, the slightest headache = drink a few cups of water. That headache isnt worth the little headrush youre probably chasing IMO.

your body also gets used to having nicotine. remember that first cigarette? the headrush it gave you, little dizzy and very mellow? thats what I loved but after smoking so much I ended up chasing that feeling with no success and after a while I was hooked and disregarded that feeling completely.

If its the same3 thing with vaping, a higher nic will probably do the trick but just be careful not to get too dehydrated, the slightest headache = drink a few cups of water. That headache isnt worth the little headrush youre probably chasing IMO.

The ONLY reason I do not go 24mg nic all the time like in the beginning is the reason you stated. I am prone to dehydration anyway it seems especially hot weekends on the lake when I am drinking a lot of alcohol. What I do now when I need more is fill my tank half with 18mg and half with 24mg and it seems to give me the bump I need without causing me to dehydrate. I will admit though for the last year I have had no dehydration issues BUT am healthier and have lost almost 45lbs as well as dropping to 18mg nic.I never got a headache though.

Its a simple equation though. If 16mg is not satisfying you then go higher nic. Even after 513 days 16mg is not enough for me and 18mg is barely enough. I easily go through 4-5 ml a day of 18mg where I was using 2.5-3ml of 24mg.

different mg are always useful to have, I completely agree.

whats funny is my habits are kindof the opposite of other peoples. my dripper is for out and about and the tanks for at home so it doesnt create a huge fog all around the house. tanks take 18 and dripper takes 6mg. given that the drip supposedly hits harder I still get my fix. But a full deck off the dripper compared to 4-5 tokes off the tanks is completely different feeling. it really hits the spot actualy to have that tank at home. cooking watching tv or a movie. or cleaning or whatever "at home" things thats when I dont really have time to drip and go.

not to mention that the wife complains when theres a fog in the house hahaha

I dont blame her though, shes never been a smoker and still has her doubts about vaping but I made it clear that it wasnt anything that was changing soon LOL

different mg are always useful to have, I completely agree.

whats funny is my habits are kindof the opposite of other peoples. my dripper is for out and about and the tanks for at home so it doesnt create a huge fog all around the house. tanks take 18 and dripper takes 6mg. given that the drip supposedly hits harder I still get my fix. But a full deck off the dripper compared to 4-5 tokes off the tanks is completely different feeling. it really hits the spot actualy to have that tank at home. cooking watching tv or a movie. or cleaning or whatever "at home" things thats when I dont really have time to drip and go.

not to mention that the wife complains when theres a fog in the house hahaha

I dont blame her though, shes never been a smoker and still has her doubts about vaping but I made it clear that it wasnt anything that was changing soon LOL

Hell my tanks put off too much vapor lol. I am not worried about that personally. Its funny how that and throat hit used to matter and now I am content with no throat hit and hold my vapor in so as to not cloud up my office. Thats the main reason I do not get the whole "cloud chasing" group. I wish I could have less vapor with the same satisfaction but its not the way it works.

IMO or at least for my own vaping experience. I think the massive vapor I get from dripping is a psychological thing. The taste is definately enhanced and thats what I love. the baby clouds I throw are MORE than satisfactory and I find it fun to build but never would I go into super sub ohming for the risks involved.

I actually am following CCI on facebook. these people are nuts for the most part. theres a few that really know what theyre doing but 99% of them would be kicked from this forum in a day with their childish attitudes and stupidity. They just go overboard with the coments and the questionable builds.

IMO or at least for my own vaping experience. I think the massive vapor I get from dripping is a psychological thing. The taste is definately enhanced and thats what I love. the baby clouds I throw are MORE than satisfactory and I find it fun to build but never would I go into super sub ohming for the risks involved.

I actually am following CCI on facebook. these people are nuts for the most part. theres a few that really know what theyre doing but 99% of them would be kicked from this forum in a day with their childish attitudes and stupidity. They just go overboard with the coments and the questionable builds.

I actively boycott anywhere that sponsors Could Contests. I think they are about as senseless and detrimental to our rights as anything could possibly be and am amazed how many people do not see that.

It is also largely why I refuse to support B&Ms in my area. No offense to anyone is intended but I have seen carnival workers that carried themselves better than some of these cloud chasing people at my local shops.

Edited by bcartervol98

I actively boycott anywhere that sponsors Could Contests. I think they are about as senseless and detrimental to our rights as anything could possibly be and am amazed how many people do not see that.

It is also largely why I refuse to support B&Ms in my area. No offense to anyone is intended but I have seen carnival workers that carried themselves better than some of these cloud chasing people at my local shops.

even the contests with limits?

I mean personally I wouldnt have a contest without limits on how low you can go in ohms (that ryhmed, I actually said it outloud after writing it... and it was fun! haha)

I know its a d*ck swinging contest more than anything, especially since vaping is supposed to be a helpful comunity and not a competitive one IMO so to me its just not worth my time but its a different view.

I see it as when I used to race vs. when I switched to off-roading.

the tuner world has a sort of competitive feel to it because everyone is always trying to go faster than everyone else or look better or whatever right?

then I got my YJ and started trailing. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OUTLOOK ON LIFE IN A VEHICLE. Instead of going to the circuit and trying to go faster than the next, trailing was about going in together and making sure no one was left behind. I get stuck you pull me out, you get stuck I pull you out. it wasnt about who got stuck the least or anything like that. Trailing was really about helping eachother out and the challenge was to go through the mud pit or climb the mountain together with our trucks that werent exactly supposed to be leaning on a tree or in 5 feet of mud haha (god i miss those days...SOUNDS LIKE A NEW PROJECT!)

Not sure if you get what I mean but to me thats what vaping should be about and not about going lower in ohms than the next guy or dissapearing in a cloud. people seem to forget they quit smoking with this, why turn it into something as dangerous for you if not more than smoking?

purely kidnapped the thread actually haha... but I think we made a good effort to answer the OP...

Edited by christov11

Any contest involving vaping is a black eye especially in the perceptions of the anti or non vaping community. I just want people to know that the minority that do participate in these do not represent the entire vaping community. I could care less about limits it's more about the fact that it has NOTHING to do with quitting smoking and highlights the inherent dangers. Safety classes or not as a 44 year old businessman I have to wonder if an activity that needs or required safety classes needs to be heavily regulated or banned all together.

I mean I know it is probably not a popular opinion around here but I wish those contests would get banned or I am afraid the end result will be attempted prohibition of rebuildables which are exponentially more dangerous than a standard Ego or VW device with a tank on top.

If your chasing the headrush then what I would recomend is to keep using 16mg.

When you want that feeling then grab something with a little more nic (easier if you have a couple devices but to start, i suggest to just get used to quitting cigs more than anything)

I remember having the first smoke in the morinign and getting that buzz and then the rest of the day was just out of habit. and most mornings I didnt even get any buzz at all!

I mean Im dripping 6mg and just got inside from a break actualy since in the office isnt really where I want to be dripping, and I can definately say that im more relaxed! I honestly think that you should keep the same if not lower nic level. get used to it. and then get some higher nic for when youre really having a rough day or something.

kindof ties into what carter was saying... if were quitting smoking its because it wasnt good for us right? so is getting high or drunk. the buzz you get from nicotine obviously isnt your body saying OMG YES GIVE ME MORE!!! were introducing an unbalance of nicotine in our system that produces a relaxing headrush or whatever we can call it. its got to be done in moderation. kindof like an alcoholic who quits drinking and then decides that having a glass of wine with supper after a rough day to sooth him is okay then cool. but if he starts chasing that feeling everyday then itll turn back into a bad habit since as his body gets used to the amount of alcohol getting into his system. from there if he keeps trying to chase then he will need more alcohol to get that same feeling.

same rule applies to nic since your body gets used to the amount youre giving it.
See what I mean?

Any contest involving vaping is a black eye especially in the perceptions of the anti or non vaping community. I just want people to know that the minority that do participate in these do not represent the entire vaping community. I could care less about limits it's more about the fact that it has NOTHING to do with quitting smoking and highlights the inherent dangers. Safety classes or not as a 44 year old businessman I have to wonder if an activity that needs or required safety classes needs to be heavily regulated or banned all together.

I mean I know it is probably not a popular opinion around here but I wish those contests would get banned or I am afraid the end result will be attempted prohibition of rebuildables which are exponentially more dangerous than a standard Ego or VW device with a tank on top.

I actualy agree with you that contest in general give a bad look to vaping.

I honestly wonder how it all got started... 2 dudes in the basement "I bet I can blow bigger clouds than you" then another ****** and another ****** and then theres a little group trying to top eachother off and it then became "cool" (emphasis sarcasm on the "cool")

in your opinion though RDAs are ok right? i mean if done with absolute safety of course!

Edited by christov11

Won't increasing the nic just make me get used to 18 after awhile, then eventually having to move up to 24, then getting used to that? =[

Not really imo. I started on all 24 then dropped to 18 but get no satisfaction from anything under 18.

the only way to be absolutely sure that it is safe is to make EVERYTHING from scratch yourself. even the battery. trusting whatws written on the package is a risk. I understand there is quality control being done but it isnt done on EVERY single battery is it? (im actually asking I dont know if it is or not)

that being said if I get a faulty coil that was packaged and supposed to be at whatever ohms then I dont consider that safe... or if I have the means to test it myself then I definately will (which we all know that I dont do with the coils I buy for my tanks because I trust the companies who make them) but building one myself from scratch and knowing exactly what went in there tends to make me less worried. but then again Im not building my own battery or my own mod so theres another few factors

By the way I hope im not coming off as cross or anything to those in the thread or anyone reading this! haha personally dont feel like we are arguing just having a discussion (and hijacking just a little..sorry OP) im actualy trying to see different points of view and the logic behind them! carter you actually changed my mind on the competitions completely! never thought they were cool apart from being able to win something which is always fun but I would rather a draw than to have a chance to blow my face off! I dont even play the lottery haha.

Edited by christov11

One dramatic accident like in Texas but with injury is all it will take and we're done with vaping as we know it. We are riding a thin line. I might even go so far as to say it will happen (as a matter of statistics). I hope it doesn't. I honestly do.

Frankly, I don't even understand what's so fun about it. I don't get the attraction. :/

One dramatic accident like in Texas but with injury is all it will take and we're done with vaping as we know it. We are riding a thin line. I might even go so far as to say it will happen (as a matter of statistics). I hope it doesn't. I honestly do.

Frankly, I don't even understand what's so fun about it. I don't get the attraction. :/

amen!

just out of curiosity I went into dripping and found that it was a whole other taste but I havent vaped under 0.25 ohms as I just didnt feel safe... and even there... I rather it around 0.3-0.4 ohms so I doubt ill be going under that