Pricing?

Hey guys,

I just got back from my local vape shop and saw the aerotank mega and nautilus were about 45-60$ ... I forget exactly how much but is that normal?
Im debating finding things online to get them cheaper but if thats normal then to hell with it, Ill just get them there.

Vision spinner 2 were 45$

Elego 35$

just to compare with what youve seen or have purchased.

If this seems out of wack, do you mind sharring some reputable sites that would ship[ to canada?

Thanks!

I pay $27 for Vision Spinner 2s at the Vapor Talk store with free shipping. Not sure what an Elego is to be honest, but the VT store has matched or beaten any price I have gotten elsewhere in the US at least.

I have yet to buy anything at a Brick and Mortar store. I just do not feel like the value is there for me personally. I generally pay ~50% of what the stores in my area charge by ordering and in nearly a year and a half I have had 0 issues. Just research the site you are going to buy from and remember the store right here.

Thanks bcart!

The elego aparently was made at the same factory as the vspinner2...

I went in thinking I wanted another backup and a MOD and came out thinking eff-it, Ill just get a mod and use my current daily as my backup. and my current backup as my... in the pocket/car/wherever backup

Good luck to you. All I use are Vision Spinners for over a year and a half. I have had other things but Mods do nothing for me except weigh down my pocket lol. You do have the backup thing down pat though, always have backups and backups for your backups. Between my wife and I we now have close to or maybe over 20 Vision Spinners with the 8 Spinner 2s we added lol.

As a rule brick and mortar stores have a higher markup than online as there is more overhead and labor costs associated with a brick and mortar . You just have to decide whether convenience and face to face customer service is worth it to you. As a rule you can test drive and sample in a brick and mortar. Don't be like some people and spend a lot of the store operators time and try his stuff out then just go online to get it cheaper. That is kinda chicken sh_t . There is such a proliferation of online vendors that there is virtually no profit margin compared to a few years ago. This also explains why it is a little more difficult to get sympathy from an online merchant when things break faster than you think they should. A guy at work actually wasted weeks of a local gun vendors time and expertise ,then ordered online and had the cahone's to have it shipped through the dealer who spent so much time trying to sell the gun to him in the first place. And he will probably expect warranty service from the poor guy.

Edited by mcquinn

Yea either buy online or buy at a B&M. Very ****ty to waste their time then order online. I am 100% online because I save where I can and know 100% what I like. Nothing worse than spending hours with someone and educate them to have them take that information and go elsewhere. It happens in my business every day.

All the online vendors I use also have storefronts so I guess to say I do not buy from B&Ms is somewhat inaccurate it might be better to say I won't pay B&M prices when what I use is so readily available online at half the cost.

Edited by bcartervol98

For the most part the prices you saw at the B&M are pretty average. They're also somewhat "average" for several online stores as well.

You'll find that, at the Vapor Talk store (the store that founded this forum), the prices will be lower than most anywhere else online. If it's not, let Christopher know. Chances are pretty good that he'll either meet or beat the price you found if it's possible. Customer service is also excellent. If you have any problems, Chris will see about making it right. Sorry to sound like an advertisement, but I really do believe in the Vapor Talk store and I am a customer first, a VT admin coming in...somewhere further down the line. :D

There was a time that I didn't buy much from the VT store because it didn't carry what I wanted to buy or, if it did, the prices were too high. I regularly rec'd other stores and prices to people who asked. That's all changed recently because they started stocking what I want to buy with more stock coming in every day. The prices are the lowest I've seen in most cases and the quality is first rate. You won't ever find knock offs here.

Just my two cents. In a few days I plan to wipe out the VT store's current stock of a certain type of coil. :)

ETA: Just scroll to the top of this page and you'll see products and prices. Spinner v2 for $27, Aspire Nautilus for $26, the Nautilus mini (pre-order) for $25.99, Aerotank Mega for $29.99...

Edited by Tameiki

Yeah I spent a bit of imminence today on the vt store after I had posted this and realized they're really good! You guys can't forget I'm the Canadian... Haha we don't have B&M here. My local shops are all random cape shoppes which have opened up in the last 2 years tops! The magneto seemed decent but then again is it more bang for your buck or is 50$ fair or should I be looking at something else ? There are just so many and most of my dedicated research time is at work where the sites are all blocked except for this forum, oddly enough. So sorry if I seem to repeat myself or have trouble with references! I just can't multitask since I'm blocked off! Gonna start doing more from home instead now that I've got my computer back!

Hey christov11, all these choices can get overwhelming (but fun), doesn't it? :yes

I can't speak of the magneto since I do not have one, but when I find something that piques my interest, I look for reviews on youtube.

It helps narrowing down my choices. As for your tank selection, since you already own Aerotank mini, I would recommend the mega. That way you don't have to stock different coils. If stocking different coils is not issue and you want to try nautilus go for it. I heard great things about them, and some claim that it is better than kanger line.

Generally online stores are cheaper than B&Ms, and VT store is a good place as any out there. I have not ordered from them yet since the pickings were slim when I first started shopping for vape gear.

Have fun with your shopping adventure. :thumbup:

Thanks iquit!

I'm just spending hours looking through mods and online shops and anything. Kind of like a Wikipedia or YouTube binge except anything about ecigs haha. One thing that keeps coming up, now that I've made peace with the whole concept of mods. I'm not yet looking towards a mec mod... Keyword:yet. I seem to be stuck in a rut. I want bigger, without having to go towards rebuildables. I've seen a few that have the 510 threading and I definitely want VV. That being said, VW isn't so important for me... Every time I think I've got my choices narrowed down to 2-3... I come across a few more and just get confused again haha

By the way I don't want to bore you all with this thread, I would of loved to fall onto this when I was first starting a couple months ago. To see how quickly it can become an intense hobby and how many different things to weigh when making a choice for a mod or vv or wtv !