Suggestions for MOD & Anyone order from Alibaba.com?

Hey guys

I fell across alibaba.com and it seems to sortof function as a type of amazon. Only reason Im browsing that site is that its not blocked at work hehe...

Anyhow! Have any of you ever ordered from that site? I dont want to order anything online unless I have legit info regarding its authenticity.

On another note...

Im looking into getting a MOD

Now Ive seen A LOT of different things on this forum and randomly scoping. Im kindof loyal to this forum so I might have biased expectations.

Basicaly here is what I want (and I realize wanting something and it being a reality is 2 different things) :

Adjustable Voltage & Wattage(although Im not sure what wattage brings me yet, I havent found anything explaining it clearly enough. I guess Im too visual and Im having trouble grasping that concept and difference between the voltage vs wattage)
I wont be dripping since I simply dont have the patience and just rather load a tank and go.
Not a fan of the tube you shove a battery in kindof mods, not yet anyway.
I would rather something like an ego that I unscrew or even better, plug in and thats it for the battery. Basicaly not have to take the thing apart.

I would like to know how much voltage or wattage is being pushed either by a wheel w/numbers or a display.

Estetics:
Would rather some sort of gold incorporated. Silver works. Black is great but not all black. copper not so much unless theres more silver.
Not a fan of doom and gloom or the tesla looking mods. grenade looking or weird colors (pink blue green etc)

I want it to be pretty big but not the size of my foot haha sortof like the atomo or tesla or you know ... like 5-6 egos taped together ahaha

I know this can be a wide range of mods but im hoping you can share experiences with some that you have or that you have tried or that you are even possibly selling.

I basicaly know what I dont want, but the hard part is finding what I do want. (worst client ever ahaha)

If you guys have pictures to put please do!

Thanks a lot for your input and hopefully I find my next mod in here!

"MOD" by definition is one that takes a replaceable battery. Anything that takes an 18650 will be in the 1" diameter size, minimum, because the first two numbers determine the diameter of the battery, last set of numbers determine the length... A tube-mod that takes an 18xxx battery will be 22mm diameter (24.5mm = 1") at a bare minimum. The vast majority of MODs are mechanical, which means no circuitry, no regulation, no VV or VW capabilities. Now, there are some like the Innokin VTR or Tesla (VV) that are... but something like a Magneto is purely mechanical.

If you're wanting VV/VW, and still small, eGo-ish, perhaps you might find an Innokin VV V3 to your liking? If you want a rock-solid box-style, I highly recommend the Innokin MVP 2.0! If you just want VV, any of the 1100mAh or larger spinners/twists from Joyetech, Vision or Kanger will do very well (and what many of us here use daily as a go-to battery). I suggest the larger mAh VV batteries because they last longer and tend to be a little larger diameter than the 14mm standard eGo size.

Edited by Earthling789

Thanks! I thought mod was more... modification to an initial set up. And thats after weeks of reading up... :wallbash: I guess a few things havent sinked in!

So let me rephrase... I want a VV or VW FO SHO!! Im not yet ready for a MOD.... at least I dont think so since Ive seen theres a lot of safety that goes along with it.... right ?

Twist im into, smaller ego-ish im NOT into since Ive got one and already am getting another just cause.... you never have enough backups! So looking for a bigger baby.

I've been trying to come up with a good description of the difference in a Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage for my friends. It isn't easy to explain.

With either one you can change the amount of power to the coil.

If you use the volt setting, and you use a higher resistance coil (ohms), it will make a cooler vape, and use less power (watts) If you want to maintain the heat you had with the lower resistance coil, you will have to turn the volts up on the higher resistance coil.

With the watts setting. I set mine for example on 8.5 watts. The device will adjust the voltage as necessary to match the amount of resistance of the coil to maintain the 8.5 watts. This keeps my heat level fairly even no matter what tank (or resistance) I am running on the battery.

Of course there are many other variables that are involved such as top/bottom coil, type of liquid, dual/single coil, battery limitations, etc that can change your vape.

I like to think of it like a cruise control. I set the watts and forget it and let the chip in the MPV make all of the adjustments for me. Of course I run tanks that are very similar and work well at that setting.

I hope I have not confused you, and have all of my facts correct.

Well, the term "mod" came from the original builds which were cobbled together from other pieces and parts... such as "modifying" a flashlight to handle a head with 510 threads, rather than a "bulb"... but the general consensus is, if the battery comes out, it's a MOD :) Many will also refer to an MVP or VV-V3 as a MOD, because they are variable voltage and/or wattage devices (I'm guilty of this too, sometimes, lol)... but they are sealed-battery devices.

You are correct... a MOD (mechanical MOD) does require a bit of knowledge of electricity, especially Ohm's Law, but if using factory coils with a tank (like an Aspire or Kanger) it's not much different than using a standard, static-voltage eGo. When you move up to building your own coils... Safety and Ohm's Law knowledge REALLY comes into play, because you tend to move well outside the sweet-spot of factory coil resistances (sub-ohms) because the battery can generally handle it.

Sorry I didn't answer some of your other questions.

I have no experience with alibaba.com

The only VV or VW devices I have experience with is:

Ego style twist. I enjoyed them, but payed them forward when I got the following 2.

Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 seen here: https://www.vaportalkstore.../itaste-mod-silver.htm

I love this little device. It is tiny, but doesn't last too long. I use it for a pocket vape with a mini tank on it.

Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0 seen here: https://www.vaportalkstore...itaste-mod-silver.htm

This is my daily use device with a Nautilus on top. Works great lasts all day, then some. If i forget to plug it in, it still goes!

I read a lot about the Provari, Vamo, Evic, and various box mods. I just have no experience with them.

Good Luck!

Thanks! you guys are a lot of help! sincerely, it might just be the phrasing but it made a lot more sense than what ive read and read and read haha.

So let me get this right.

Watt is the power that the battery puts out.

Voltage is the pulses that are made or basically amount of electricity produced to the coil.

Ohms are the coils ....conduction or heat? that actualy vaporize the juice...

I hope I didnt boucher your explinations.

I was actually hesitant to get the itaste when I went for my first "good set up" but now I want more and more and more. I guess I havent found "my groove" with vaping yet. I think Ive found the flavor but then again it will probably change with a different device.

Well, the term "mod" came from the original builds which were cobbled together from other pieces and parts... such as "modifying" a flashlight to handle a head with 510 threads, rather than a "bulb"... but the general consensus is, if the battery comes out, it's a MOD :) Many will also refer to an MVP or VV-V3 as a MOD, because they are variable voltage and/or wattage devices (I'm guilty of this too, sometimes, lol)... but they are sealed-battery devices.

You are correct... a MOD (mechanical MOD) does require a bit of knowledge of electricity, especially Ohm's Law, but if using factory coils with a tank (like an Aspire or Kanger) it's not much different than using a standard, static-voltage eGo. When you move up to building your own coils... Safety and Ohm's Law knowledge REALLY comes into play, because you tend to move well outside the sweet-spot of factory coil resistances (sub-ohms) because the battery can generally handle it.

There you go... that makes sense now.. how complicated does it get when your pulling out batteries? i mean.... theyre rechargable right? do they last hella-long? (my ego can last me all day but it will die before bed time)

I think you're getting it, lol...

• Wattage is the measure of power
  • Amps is the measure of current
  • Voltage is the measure of electricity (in DC)
  • Ohms is the measure of resistance of the coil

They all work in concert, based on the ratios prescribed by Ohm's Law:

• Voltage = Current * Resistance
  • Power (watts) = Voltage * Current

A static battery or a replaceable battery are no different, as their "life" is based primarily on charge capacity, measured in Milli-Amp-Hours (mAh). A 2600mAh battery has twice the capacity (life) of a 1300mAh battery... which means the bigger battery will last longer (up to twice) than the smaller one.

As for "complicated"... THAT comes into play when you're using a mechanical MOD and building your own coils. But, using a factory, 1.5-3.0 Ohm coil in a tank should be little issue for virtually any static, 3.7V battery!

So I decided I want a MOD.

Now I know there is a very VAST array of models.

anything you can think of that would fit the criteria I mentioned above?

What I want to stay away from is rebuildables and mec. I dont want to start making my own coils since I have NONE of the equipment and that would be too costly IMO(uneducated opinion but... one thing at a time haha)

Alibaba is basically a vendor site. It's where vape shops shop etc. There is usually a "minimum order quantity" for instance I just ordered 300 LG 18650 batteries for a group buy. Try and find my price $3.80 per cell before shipping/fee's you won't find it anywhere period. I go straight to the horses mouth for prices. But I have to buy 300 at a time to get that price. For a normal guy wanting a few pieces, don't look at alibaba.

Thanks! I thought mod was more... modification to an initial set up. And thats after weeks of reading up... :wallbash: I guess a few things havent sinked in!

You are correct, 'mods' are not manufactured in factories. That the noobs have chosen to incorrectly use the word doesn't change things. Another noob aberration is the current use of the term 'passthrough'. Charging a battery with an inbuilt charger via a USB cable is not doing any passing through.

Does Joye make an eGo passthrough? Nope, a search at their site turns up zilch. The do make an eGo USB Battery though.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=24

I have a gold Magneto and love it! It's an amazing mech mod that works very well with a KPT2, KPT3, Aerotank and Anyvape Davide. The amount of vapor and flavor I get with a 1.8 ohm coil is...wow.

I also have an Evic. It's a very expensive but pretty paper weight for me. Just my opinion but I wouldn't rec it to anyone. There are several members who love it but it's not a favorite among many. The iTaste VTR is a much better choice if you're wanting a VV/VW APV.

By far I prefer the Magneto for all around performance and ease of use. The 18650 Panasonic battery at 3400 mAh makes a great companion to it as long as I use tanks. :)

Thanks Tameiki!

You pretty much answer3ed my confusion about mec mods and non rebuildable tanks at the same time!

decisions, decisions.....

I really wish i couold have them all lined up to compare. kindof hard since usually merhfcants hold a few, and then another merchant is gonna have a few completely different ones and so on and so forth!

This gives me an idea actualy... Im gonna try and make a graph...a nice little project for tonight or tmrw morning!

Edited by christov11