CHEAP 3.7 volt battery tester?

How hard is it to find a 3.7 volt spring loaded "Cheap" plastic battery tester?

After an hour of searching on the net (ebay amazon ect) I`m frustrated and pissed.

Like the spring loaded 1.5v "pocket" plastic battery testers of yester year, but made for 18000 series batteries and 3.7 load.

I know you can only store these batteries for so long and would like a easy way of checking them so I don`t have to put them in the vamo or charger just to see the charge, just a simple way of seeing what charge they have in them and if they need to be charged after sitting around for a while or if they are still GTG.

TIA,

Randall

you can get an inexpensive multi meter from Radio Shack, Sears or Harbor Freight that would be useful for testing batteries and measuring resistance . It also comes in handy around the house various tests and tasks and for safeties sake.

Edited by mcquinn

you can get an inexpensive multi meter from Radio Shack, Sears or Harbor Freight that would be useful for testing batteries and measuring resistance . It also comes in handy around the house various tests and tasks and for safeties sake.

Thanks Mc, I do have a fairly expensive MM that I use on quartz watch repair, but that is the HARD way to test a battery.

First, have to unravel two feet of cord, then I have to hold the battery and negative probe with one hand while trying to place pos. probe on top, hold that pose while I check the meter, then I have to spool the cord back on. And remember to turn off the meter less I waist another battery, ha, ha.

I really would like something where you just open the slot, drop the battery in, and shazzam, whats the voltage.

And more often than not the MM is down in the shop, and I`m up stairs when Im vaping, LOL.

I am really surprised our friends in asia have`nt caught up to this dilemma yet. They make a ton of the little critters for 1.5 volts!!

R

Thanks Mc, I do have a fairly expensive MM that I use on quartz watch repair, but that is the HARD way to test a battery.

First, have to unravel two feet of cord, then I have to hold the battery and negative probe with one hand while trying to place pos. probe on top, hold that pose while I check the meter, then I have to spool the cord back on. And remember to turn off the meter less I waist another battery, ha, ha.

I really would like something where you just open the slot, drop the battery in, and shazzam, whats the voltage.

And more often than not the MM is down in the shop, and I`m up stairs when Im vaping, LOL.

I am really surprised our friends in asia have`nt caught up to this dilemma yet. They make a ton of the little critters for 1.5 volts!!

R

You could try the smok omnitester. It has 2 connectors on it. One to screw on your RDA to build and check resistance and one to screw on your mod and check the voltage. I'll take a pic in a second. I'll edit this post

Edited:

Ohms

utehygus.jpg

Battery voltage straight from 510 connection

jy4uma5e.jpg

Voltage drop

edesymu4.jpg

Also comes in a nice case and is re-chargeable with a USB cord that is included.

y4ajanep.jpg

I'd say with cargo shorts this unit is pocketable. Another one would be a battery charger with an led display. I forget the brand, X-Tar possibly? Anyways it has several screens and can charge four batteries and has a switch for slow or rapid charging.

Of course that option isnt pocketable...

Edited by Raptor Vaper

Thanks for the ideas guys. I think the charger would be the simplist answer and lord knows Im going to need a better one. I think that will work out good to check em out befor leaving the HQ.

:?)