Aspire Nautilus or Protank 2?

I am going to buy 4 new tanks to use with my new Provari mini I am having a hard time deciding which one I should buy. Of course I want the best since this is my first mod. There is about a $10.00 difference in the price of the two. Is it worth it? Which ones would you choose?

I'm sold on the Nautilus. I don't like carrying it around but at home its great. The dual coils are pricey but they last easily twice as long as a single PT coil and the flavor and vapor production is noticeably improved over a PT mini or mini Davide.

Nautilus is a great tank. I have one and it is my second favorite tank of all the tanks I have tried and used thus far.

I have had bad experiences with kanger stuff. leaky burnt blah.

As for coil heads: you can get replacements for $2-3 not so bad.

I'm hooked on RBA's now. Got a KFL+ and made a coil and wick and ruined myself... Now I hardly want to use any of my other tanks anymore... that KFL+ is a flavor machine!!!

I've not tried the Nautilus, and I've heard about equal good and bad on them... but everyone says when they work, they have good flavor / vapor. But, I have friends with Nautilus tanks, and side-by-side, I produce just as much vapor (using 50/50 juice and an AeroTank) as they do. I'm not a cloud-chaser, so vapor production for me is all about flavor and nicotine delivery... which my AeroTanks and KPT2's do just fine for that.

Now, for me, I love my Kanger ProTank2's and AeroTanks! I use an Air Flow Control base on the KPT2's, which really helps to dial-in your draw. As for vapor... I get plenty vapor from the KPT2's single-coils, and a bit more from the dual-coils on the AeroTanks. Coils are cheap... I've bought some as low as $0.75 each (in bulk), up to $1.60 each for duals... but if you look hard you can pick up 50-count boxes for $36 (single-coils) and $42-45 for dual-coils... so they're both under a buck a coil, which is 1/3 the price of Aspire coils... which still makes the Kanger's a bargain, IMO, even if you have to replace coils twice as often over the Nautilus! Another factor is that I've averaged <$10 tank on my KPT2's, and $13.99 avg each for my AeroTanks... so I can buy two AeroTanks or three KPT2's for the price of ONE Nautilus, with change left-over!

For me to invest in a Nautilus, they'd have to come WAY down in price, coils would have to be a buck each, and they would probably have to wash my car on occasion, too :)

• 3 months later...

I think I would start with one of each. Which ever one you like the least, is now your backup...lol

I personally like the Nautilus (Full Size) with the BVC (Mini) coils. They have just worked best for me. I have been really tempted to get an Kanger Aero tank. I want them to work for me, but I flood them so bad. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. I bet it is my vape style that makes them prone to flood.

Good luck with your quest, it is half the fun (and money) in this hobby!

Edited by jasonculp

I have both. I love my Nautilus (not the mini) because A. it doesn't leak, B. it holds more liquid, and C. the coils don't seem to burn too quick.

My Protank 2, well, at first it leaked all the time, but I read up on other peoples problems, adjusted the tank a bit, and ever since, no leaking (as long as you don't screw it in too tight to your battery.

Now the Nautilus Mini, well that one is a bit of a problem child for me. Even though it is an adjustable airflow, it is really tight on the draw. The one setting that is the most open, makes my mini whistle. Kind of annoying. lol