Kicking Nicotine

So once you kick cigarettes and you are free of their crutch how long can you expect it to take to break the nicotine in vaping?

I know cold turkey and all that. Lets just say you wanted to step it down with the least impact in your life. How have you all stepped down?

I am not looking for any, "don't worry about stepping down" replies. I want to step it down and eventually get to zero.

What has worked for you?

Thanks

I think getting down to zero nic/zero vape would pretty much depend on you. For me, I'm not trying to get to zero nic. The hand-to-mouth thing has me pretty well tied up, plus I don't have the desire to kick everything, although I am working on it slowly just to see what happens. I know one who has gone to zero nic and quit everything totally in a year. Others I know are still working the same nic level they started with. Others can't leave tobacco alone even while they're vaping. From the stories I've heard, drop your nic level a couple/three points at a time every month. If you find you're sucking the bottom out of your PV for the nic fix, you're too early on the nic drop. Bottom line - it's going to be up to you how committed you are to gettiing off the nic train.

When i was smoking in the marine corps i was at about 2 packs a day and smoking strong and drinking pretty much to match. The more i drank the more i smoked. Then i got out and didn't have the money to drink and smoking was really taking its toll as well. And then came the first mod. taste 134 with a simple iclear and the cigarettes were gone. Now like you i wanted to kick the nicotine and i was steadily smoking 24mg. Then i found dripping about a month later and really had to lower the nicotine. the more i build and the more vapor i find myself producing the lower and lower my nicotine levels because. Its been 3 months and I'm down to less than 6mg of nicotine and i haven't had any of the nicotine withdraw rage i would of had cold turkying ....... so give it a few months and just every time you buy juice lower how many mg of nicotine your juice has and don't vape more to compensate for the lowing doses. Slowly and steadily you could probably go down to 0 mg in 4-6 months as long as you have some self discipline and really want to quit all together. I wish you luck and stay strong.

Thanks man! Did you find that more vapor helped? I just went back up to 24mg to save money. Vape less juice that way. What I'm saying is you built better atomizer and dropped your nicotine so really you could get the same, but did you find even with less nicotine larger clouds helped? I had a hard week with 12mg in my kayfun but stuck at it. Then I got the patriot at .4 ohm and man I calmed down. But I also took my kayfun back to 24mg and again, calmed down. Thanks so much for your feedback. I think the hard part like you said will be not vaping more to compensate. I tried 0mg in my patriot just to see if it was satisfying and it is but the nic fits still hit in.

well when i started i had a cigalite and jesus was it terrible no satisfaction at all what so ever. When i started "cloud chasing" (but not really) i found that putting out more vapor gave me more of a mental ease for lack of a better term. now the bigger the vapor yea sure the more nicotine but if your lowering it then its still less nic after a while which helps ease the body off of it. You just have to find what works for you. Also you can lower the nicotine levels and just increase the VG content of your liquid so that you're really putting out some vapor and it tricks the mind into thinking that you're intaking more than you really are. Im at 100% VG and i have no cravings at all what so ever just from the mental stimulation of it all.

Yeah man, I will have to. I am out of mothers milk and kind of tired of it and my 70vg is getting old too. I have been all on 50/50.

I also found the patriot gives me a hotter and more calming vape. Too bad I just don't live a dripper's lifestyle or it would be it for me.

Any good recommendations for high VG?

I've been stepping down in about 3mg increments every couple of months since I started. For me, I became dissatisfied quickly if I stepped down steeper than that. 6mg or 12mg jumps were too much and I didn't like it. The symptoms of too steep a change are irritability, dissatisfaction, annoyance and frustration. I always kept a higher mg juice on hand for when I wanted it.

I found positives; improvement of flavor and finding the sweet spot of vapor production - 50/50 or 40/60 pg/vg. These lead to satisfaction.

I know many don't want to drop their nicotine and that's totally cool, but for those that do, dropping in small amounts worked best for me.

Yea when I was thinking I would step down I went from 24 to 18 and it was ok but occasionally not enough. I bought abottle of 12 to "just see" and it was like i was vaping nothing lol. I wish you luck, do not have much advice for ya just wishing you luck on your quest to kick the nic!

I have finally gotten to where 18mg is pretty much satisfying but I still order a 30ml bottle of 24mg in my flavor to mix in. I think I am getting it somewhere like 20mg given the rudimentary math I have done on it. Its not that scientific lol.

I'm just now beginning to purchase 0 nic juice after working my way down from 24mg-ish. I spent my first 6 months with the 24mg, and dropped about 3mg every couple of months. The 3mg transitions were hardly noticeable until I went down to 0 nic (6mg is the lowest my local b&m offers aside from 0 nic). The transition from 6mg-0mg was a little rough, so I kept a 30mL of 6mg around juuust in case. Usually just dripping once or twice was enough to trick me into chilling the eff out about it.

Take it slow, and don't beat yourself up about it if you need to grab a higher strength juice every once in a while. Good luck! The reduction in throat irritation alone has made it worth it in my opinion.

I've been cig-free for just 11 days now (vaping for around 20) and I'm still debating on whether I'm going to eventually dial down my nic level. I find vaping quite enjoyable where I'm at right now with 24mg juice.

The throat hit is a huge craving for me - so far, I have not found a juice at less than 24mg that gives me what I need in that department, but I'm still pretty new. I bought some 18mg peach-flavored juice from a local shop and it just didn't do it for me. Same juice in 24mg is awesome.

Time will tell I guess - always excited to try out new things :)

If I am using a ProTank, then 18mg is what fulfills my craving. For a genny, I want 12mg. If I am dripping, 6-8mg is the most. My point is, it's really dependent on what style/setup you are going to use when stepping down on nic levels. RDAs are going to give you a harder/harsher hit, and due to that, you need to drop the nic ratio, but that doesn't mean that your nic levels have dropped. You need to find your preferred setup and slowly drop the nic, a little at a time. You will need to fight the urge with each nic descent.

This is also very true too but remember not all RDA/RBA are built the same, voltage drop on mods, the builds you actually put in them etc etc etc. i have many RDAs some with sub ohm builds other with stupid set ups that i got bored and tried and some where i just need a cooler vape around 1.2ohms. i use the same nic level across the board but i know what to build and in what mod/RDA to build it in. Its a very fickle thing but eventually you will always find what it is you're looking for. Best of luck!