MPV - juice hog?

Hi,

Relatively new to vaping - just bought an MPV 2 with a mini protank 2. I love it! - but I have two issues. It seems to suck juice like crazy! The guy in the store set it at the highest voltage - is that why? which leads to my next question:

Is there someplace I can get a user's manual for the MPV? Should the store have given me one? it didn't come in a box - or with any documentation. I checked the MPV site and what they had there was fairly useless. Specifically - the run through that the guy gave me about the voltage and wattage seemed fairly simple at the time - but now I have no idea what he said.

So - if the crazy amount of juice usage is caused by the settings and can be changed - please give me clear idiot-proof instructions about how to change it. Thanks!

The MVP is adjustable Voltage or Power (not both at the same time. There are two buttons on the side, one marked "P", one marked "U". P is for Wattage (power), and U is actually for Voltage (guess they couldn't find the V key, lol).

Personally, I prefer using the Power setting (Wattage) to adjust... just press and hold the P button until it shows P and a number. Release the button and hit it over and over again to progress through the Wattage settings... when you hit 11, it will drop back to 6.0. The sweet-spot for your selection will be based on the resistance of the coil you're using. Here's a little chart to help you figure out what to set it for best performance:

VoltageChart_zpsde31650d.jpg

I like using the Power setting so that it does not matter what coil I use, as the MOD will auto-adjust to the proper voltage. I tend to use 1.8 Ohm coils mostly, and my setting at 8.0 or 8.5W, so the Voltage auto-adjusts to 3.79 - 3.91V. Lower Voltage used per hit, also makes your battery last longer between charges. If you're using a 2.2 Ohm coil @ 8W, then you're requiring 4.2 V. You can also use the reverse to set the Voltage (in the same way) by pressing the U button. Having either set too high will roll through the juice, and it will also give your juice a burnt taste.

If you press both buttons together, and hold, it will show you the coil's resistance (not exactly accurate, but close) as well as the Voltage of the battery... once you hit 3.5V or 3.6V, the fire-button will be yellow instead of green. I usually charge mine when it hits yellow.

Edited by Earthling789

A simpler way to put it is to make more vapor you need to evaporate more liquid. Hence higher voltage or wattage equals more heat and more vapor and an emptier bottle quicker. Turn it down as low as you can to get the amount of vapor you expect or desire.

Thanks for asking that question. I am going to order my first Provari mini Thursday and I have no idea what to do with it. I did find this manual on their site. I have not had time to read it yet. Looks like you already got great advice above but I figured a manual to read might be helpful.

Instruction Manual | (309KB) - English
If that link does not work here is a link to their site . Go their and click on manuals on the home page.

http://www.provape.com/default.asp