Dual Coil Opinions

It seems that the general consensus re dual coils is that they are nothing to write home about. Is that true?

Has anyone had any luck with dual coils or noticed a significant improvement with dual coils? If so, which ones?

I thought the dual coil iclear 16s I started out with performed pretty well. The iclear30 sucked. Since then I haven't even bothered trying any others.

What say you?

I honestly have not even tried one. I just do not see the reason to spend twice as much for coils that are going to use more liquid and there is nothing I am missing with my single coils. That combined with the fact that I do not try to stretch the life of a coil and change them probably more regularly than most makes it silly, imo, for me to even try one. I am at the point I am done trying stuff and know what I like.

I've been using dual and single coils in my Kanger tanks... and here's what I can say about the duals:

Pros:

Slightly more vapor

Slightly warmer vapor

Cons:

Use more juice per hit

Coils cost a bit more than singles (my duals have been running $0.20 to $0.25 each, more cost over singles)

One thing I tried last week was to compare hits per tank between a single and dual coil ... The single gave me roughly 50 more hits per tank.

The next thing I'm going to try is to see if the "more vapor" also equates to me hitting the dual-coil less often, due to getting my nicotine fix faster? Basically, I want to see if a week's worth of vaping on dual-coil causes me to use more juice than a week's worth of vaping on a single-coil. If juice use is the same between the two, then logically the dual-coils will last longer (mitigating their extra cost) because you're firing them less often... so far, per my previous experiment, about 50-times less per tank-full.

Edited by Earthling789

The 1.5 ohm dual coil replacements are great. I actually like the evod glass better than the mini pt3. Wicks anything. Nice clean warm vapor. It's all my girl uses and someone the evod glass I set her up with never leaks even a drop.

Yeah thats what i'm looking at for my wife. She loves the simplicity of the evod so I might just order a trial batch of the glass with the duals and see how they do.

I have not try Kanger dual coils. Currently, Aspire has been extremely good. I want the mini Davide with Aspire coil next. Much better than the old top dual coil (iClear and Vision CE). Beat the not so good iClear DBC.

For the Aspire, I'm not noticing any different in juice usage. May be more, but really unnoticeable to me.