Help! Want a new MOD, but I'm lost!

Ok so I've had a starter kit for a while now (picture below) but I'm wanting to upgrade. Now I'm between two pieces or mods. Sorry I don't know the correct lingo for all of this. I either want the sigelei apv or the vision XGun vv/vw. I have notice that the sigelei apv can go up to 20w and as low as 5ohms, and the XGun goes to only 12w and 3 to 6 operating volts.

I don't understand what roles the wattage or volts or ohms play in each mod.

What does the wattage, voltage, ohms effect? Does it affect taste? I'm interested to know the functions for each of those features and what or how it effects.

Sorry if this is a stupid question or if my question makes no sense but I'm trying to figure out which of the two is a better buy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah. You need to do some homework. :)

Read the pinned articles thoroughly.

A basic understanding of electronics wouldn't hurt. And I mean basic. Don't freak out.

Edited by Bebop12

No offense intended.

The reason you don't know which is the better buy for you is BECAUSE you don't know the basics. And you also don't understand the application of the two different devices. You are comparing apples and oranges and asking which is better. The problem is, you don't know yet if you want an apple or an orange.

You also haven't even mentioned what kind of topper you are going to put on that device. So again you are trying to make a decision with only half of the equation.

Ask yourself this. Would you jump in to the deep end before your first swim lesson?

Do your research. Look at all the basic ways of vaping. Look at the effort and involvement of each way. Compare that with what you want out of vaping. Don't be afraid to start off simple and work your way up. But know before you go.

Good luck on your research. :)

Kfer, do you have anyone you know that has an advanced mod you could at least try? A local shop that might allow you to try one? Doesn't need to be the exact mods you posted, just something A lil more powerful than your ego. Some ppl "think" they need a Ferrari, but turns out they just need a lil more than a Prius.... lol

I have a friend that started vaping years before I did and I was able to try out pretty much everything in his collection. Turns out that all i need to keep me happy is a $25 mechanical mod clone and maybe a RDA and my Kayfun. fishguy has the right idea, just try it before you buy it if that's an option.

I think sometimes the vids on youtube or hearing ppl talk about the newest big thing can lead ppl to think they need it to enjoy vapeing. I just want Kfer to know that it doesn't have to be extreme so to speek to be satisfying. I worry about any "noob" reaching for the clouds and not learning what works first, and the safety that goes into advanced devices! Stay safe please!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you've made up your mind yet but I just stumbled on this thread. If I may be so bold as to solidly recommend the Sigelei. As far as a VV/VW mod, its the best for the price that I've found. It fits all of my devices and I can tune it to whatever I feel like vaping. Here is a quick write up I did on this. If you have any questions about this specific mod feel free to ask away, I have put it through its paces for sure!