Wick or Wickless

WVgirl79

I am completely new to vaping. I have a few questions, the ecig i have now has a wickless clearomizer tank. I have seen some that has wicks. Which is better?? Also my clearomizer has only been lasting about 2 weeks. Is this normal?? After 2 weeks time i am not getting a good hit, hardly any smoke. I clean the battery and blow all the juice that gets stuck in the middle tube thing. LOL Sorry if I sound stupid here, but i only know 2 other people who vape and they are new too..Thanks!

I am completely new to vaping. I have a few questions, the ecig i have now has a wickless clearomizer tank. I have seen some that has wicks. Which is better?? Also my clearomizer has only been lasting about 2 weeks. Is this normal?? After 2 weeks time i am not getting a good hit, hardly any smoke. I clean the battery and blow all the juice that gets stuck in the middle tube thing. LOL Sorry if I sound stupid here, but i only know 2 other people who vape and they are new too..Thanks!

More than likely there is a wick in the "wickless" clearo, it's just very short and on the bottom of the tank instead of long and hanging down from the top of it.

Personally I prefer the bottom coils, it's less likely that I'll get a dry hit and I don't have to keep tipping to keep the top coil long wick wet.

Coils (the heating element) usually last around two weeks. Some last longer, some shorter. That's why it's good to get a clearomizer that you can change the coils so you won't have the expense of replacing the whole thing every time. A replacement coil usually only costs a little less than $2.00 each.

You don't sound stupid, you sound new -- just like we all were when we started. Asking questions is good. :)

Thanks so much for your help. I am having another problem. I opened a new clearomizer the day before yesterday and it still isn't smoking right. I get little or no smoke. So I thought maybe this one was messed up so I opened a new one, this one is doing the same thing. I would like to know how to change my coils. Where would I get this information. thanks!

Thanks so much for your help. I am having another problem. I opened a new clearomizer the day before yesterday and it still isn't smoking right. I get little or no smoke. So I thought maybe this one was messed up so I opened a new one, this one is doing the same thing. I would like to know how to change my coils. Where would I get this information. thanks!

What exactly are you using? Without that information I can't begin to help with your questions. What brand and style of battery? Which clearomizer? What ohm coil?

Also, one other thing. The reason why you're not getting any "smoke" is because there is nothing combustible when you vape. If you set something on fire it will give off smoke. We "vape" and get "vapor". It's a small distinction but something we prefer in order to differentiate ourselves from cigarettes and all the negativity related to "smoking". :)

How long have you had your battery and like Tameiki asked What are you using? And what brand and style of battery are you using? And what ohm coil? :) Also are the tanks your using disposable that the coils cannot be changed on or does the bottom screw off and you can take the coil out? :)

okay I have a triple 3 ego. I have a 900 and 650 battery. I have tried on both and I get little or no vapor. the clearomizer I use are the ce5, wickless. Usually when I put a new clearomizer on it works really really good, but the last three aren't working well at all. All my batteries are less than 3 weeks old and one I bought yesterday. I cannot take the coil outs they are disposable coils. I hope this helps. Thank you both for your help!! :yes

okay I have a triple 3 ego. I have a 900 and 650 battery. I have tried on both and I get little or no vapor. the clearomizer I use are the ce5, wickless. Usually when I put a new clearomizer on it works really really good, but the last three aren't working well at all. All my batteries are less than 3 weeks old and one I bought yesterday. I cannot take the coil outs they are disposable coils. I hope this helps. Thank you both for your help!! :yes

I'm unfamiliar with a triple 3 ego. Is there a link you could put up? CE5 are not exactly wickless, the wicks are in the coils on the bottom of the tank, they're just very short. Just an FYI. :)

Now, the CE5 have changeable coils so you should be able to take the bottom off and screw off the coil to change it to another. Do not over tighten! Stop when it gets snug.

The 650 and 900 mAh batteries, are they variable voltage or are they fixed voltage? Is there a way to twist the bottom of the battery to turn up the heat (voltage) on them? If not, what might be happening is that the ohms in your coil may be too high and it's not getting enough voltage (power) to heat the coil to the point where it produces vapor. Since you don't know what ohm your coils are I'm just guessing here. :)

Try this: while holding down the power button on your battery, take several long draws in a row. Is the last one getting a little vapor? If not, the bottom of your coil might be pushed down too far. Try the method in the video below but be very gentle and careful not to pull the center post out. Just go a little bit at a time and then try the CE5 again.

The 650 are fixed and my 900 I can change the output. I can put my other tank on any of these batteries and it works great, but this one should be going out any time so I got another one out and like I said three later and I'm getting hardly any vapor. I tried puffing three times like you said. I got vapor every time, but when I go to inhale I hardly get any. if I let it set for a while then try again I might get a little, but nothing like its suppose too. I put it on my 900 volt battery and turned it up like you said and its working a lot better!!Thank you so much!!! I'm glad I bought this battery yesterday. LOL

The 650 are fixed and my 900 I can change the output. I can put my other tank on any of these batteries and it works great, but this one should be going out any time so I got another one out and like I said three later and I'm getting hardly any vapor. I tried puffing three times like you said. I got vapor every time, but when I go to inhale I hardly get any. if I let it set for a while then try again I might get a little, but nothing like its suppose too. I put it on my 900 volt battery and turned it up like you said and its working a lot better!!Thank you so much!!! I'm glad I bought this battery yesterday. LOL

What you described tells me that you have a higher ohm (probably 2.5 ohm or higher) in your CE5, which is why it won't work on your 650 fixed battery. Try turning your 900 up, vape, up, vape, repeat until you get a slight burnt taste. Back it down just a bit. That should be the sweet spot on your CE5 with the coil that's in it now. Glad you got it working for you. :)

Yay! So glad you got it to work! If yours are disposables then you should consider purchasing some tanks that the coilscan be changed in and then you can buy a few extra coils to just replace the coil when it starts to go bad and replace the coils! :) it is also cheaper this way!

The bottom twists off so that you can replace the coils. I use the vision 2ml vivi nova tank. I also have the 3.5ml vivi nova tank, I have not tried it yet! Are you using the smok tech or vision?

Where did you purchase your nova tank at? :) I will tell you another one you should try is the kanger evod tank! It is a bottom coik tank (I put a picture of mine above), and has become one of my favorites!