This just isnt running right.

I'm noticing the output end of my egos are getting VERY hot durring use compared to what I'm used to. With the Kanger, I just figured its because I vape that at 4.7, 4.8 volts, but it's getting hot on my other tanks at 4.0 volts.

I'd say it gets about as hot as an old style lightbulb. Not hot enough to injure, but it's unpleasantly hot. Is it broken? Can I fix it? Or are my egos just wearing out? (I vape like a fiend. I've been blowing through 1000mah in about a day)

My Kanger and EVOD tanks get a bit warm, too once in a while. Figured out the wicks are starting to get a little clogged and not allowing as much jiuce to pass, which makes me hold the button a little longer to get the same hit. It's a progressive situation that I don't pay much attention to until things start getting warmer than I think they should. So ..... for me, I either slow down a bit, switch to another setup, or change my coil.

I have a few set ups that get really hot, alot of my heat is due to very low ohms on my coils, i usually just slow down a bit, and throw one of my acrylic drip tips on or use one of my insulators so i dont burn my lips with one of my SS tips. Other then them getting hot, i personally havent had any issues such as battery venting or anything like that.

Like aufin stated.. if it gets hot and you are concerned just switch devices or tanks for a little, and check the coil, replace if needed.

^^all good answers^^

I have only noticed excessive heat when my connections are dirty, there is liquid or a film on my battery contact points, or the coil is old or the resistance too high in the coil. All these things lead to high resistance which creates heat. That and chain vaping, lol :)