• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 VaporDragon77

VaporDragon77

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

A brass or stainless steel threaded mod would be the ideal starter platform. Hell if you could make it telescopic without making it look like a bizarre baseball bat and seeing exposed threading id be game. This is the issue with most telescopics for me. Im very OCD with a keen eye and love for absolute symetry. Most atties whether theyre RBA or RDA usually have an OD of 20mm-26mm and the tubes an ID of at least 19mm. Needs a half mil on either side of the battery at least. But if one experiances battery failure and or a swollen cell.... would be rather difficult to extract if the gap is too tight.

#12 Bebop12

Bebop12

You may be awesome but I Rock

• VIP Member
  • 2,671 posts
  • Interests:Music, Art, Family, Bitchen cars, the usual stuff

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

I would like to see a mod of titanium with guitars engraved into it. I'm a music fanatic so even treble and bass clefs or a music staff. That would be sick....

Dangit, I LIKE this post!

#13 VaporDragon77

VaporDragon77

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

I love the Docs idea of musical themed. And CNCing engravings would result in a very sharp looking design whatever the engravings. Gotta have a catchy name for the builder as well. Like EDISON MODS maybe a lightbulb as the I. Just a thought. My reasoning for Edison is sort of competing with Tesla... see what i did? Lol. Also the lightbulb thing is kind of like the realisation that vaping is a better alternative to "burning" , kind of like a lightbulb moment. "Edison Mods, your light at the end of the tunnel!" Just some random thoughts. Im really interested in this. Was planning on buying a metal lathe anyway to start my own company soon, but i think id rather live vicariously through your mods. Lmao

#14 dragongunner

dragongunner

Mega Poster

• VT Member
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:My family, Motorcycles & Guns, and Vaping.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Thanks for the great knowledge and ideas everyone. I also am of the opinion of non telescoping mod with different tubes for each battery configuration.

Now with that being said I do love the v3tronix flip as it is quite different and has the ability to adjust from an 18650 with a kick, an 18650 without a kick, an 18500 with or without a kick. The cool thing is that it only takes a few twists to get into each configuration. A huge plus in my book.