Idea's for a new tube mod

A good friend of mine has been a mechanical engineer with a reputable company for a very long time. He holds a few different patents. We were speaking about some of my mods and it has really sparked his interest.

He says that he has access to professional machining equipment from folks he works with and would be interested in assisting me in coming up with a design for a tube mod, sorry mechanical only at this point. He has thrown out the idea that carbon fiber and stainless steel might work. It sounds cool to me but I'm still new to the vaping scene.

Do any of you have idea's or would be willing to throw some idea's my way. If I can come up with something he said he might give it a try. What do you all think?

Carbon fibre is a glorious idea but not a very good conductor.Maybe with a silver electroplated stainless walled tube for better conductivity and less voltage drop. A bottom fired magnetic firing switch is a must. 510 threaded and non telescopic as i hate telescopic mods. Ugly at best. A nemesis's dimensions are a perfect template; with your own style, anything streamlined and unique in design will go over well. Would love to see and test some prototypes.

Thanks VD77. Now that's what I'm talking about! These are some great idea's. Keep them coming folks. After I get enough I will compile them and send them his way to see what he thinks.

Edited by dragongunner

The cost of the device would have to be kept down to a reasonable price. The device would also have to be able to be used with both of the kicks currently in the market. I hope that they come up with a kick that capable of a 20 watt output (did I read somewhere that this may be in the works already?).

Titanium is actually a rather poor electrical conductor. Its a paramagnetic element meaning it has only slight magnetic responsiveness and retains no magnetic characteristics when a magnetic field collapses. If using titanium i would suggest an electroplating of copper or gold at least a few microns in thickness to aid its electroconductivity.

A brass or stainless steel threaded mod would be the ideal starter platform. Hell if you could make it telescopic without making it look like a bizarre baseball bat and seeing exposed threading id be game. This is the issue with most telescopics for me. Im very OCD with a keen eye and love for absolute symetry. Most atties whether theyre RBA or RDA usually have an OD of 20mm-26mm and the tubes an ID of at least 19mm. Needs a half mil on either side of the battery at least. But if one experiances battery failure and or a swollen cell.... would be rather difficult to extract if the gap is too tight.

I would like to see a mod of titanium with guitars engraved into it. I'm a music fanatic so even treble and bass clefs or a music staff. That would be sick....

Dangit, I LIKE this post!

I love the Docs idea of musical themed. And CNCing engravings would result in a very sharp looking design whatever the engravings. Gotta have a catchy name for the builder as well. Like EDISON MODS maybe a lightbulb as the I. Just a thought. My reasoning for Edison is sort of competing with Tesla... see what i did? Lol. Also the lightbulb thing is kind of like the realisation that vaping is a better alternative to "burning" , kind of like a lightbulb moment. "Edison Mods, your light at the end of the tunnel!" Just some random thoughts. Im really interested in this. Was planning on buying a metal lathe anyway to start my own company soon, but i think id rather live vicariously through your mods. Lmao

Thanks for the great knowledge and ideas everyone. I also am of the opinion of non telescoping mod with different tubes for each battery configuration.

Now with that being said I do love the v3tronix flip as it is quite different and has the ability to adjust from an 18650 with a kick, an 18650 without a kick, an 18500 with or without a kick. The cool thing is that it only takes a few twists to get into each configuration. A huge plus in my book.