Gauging wattage with a kick

Alright so I got my kick in the mail yesterday. It's awesome! I have no idea how to gauge where I'm at though. It's a singelie one. There are 8 indicator marks, but the website says it's from 5 to 15 watts. Have you guys come up with a method to figure out where exactly you're at with it? Also, is the rattlesnake noise a bad thing? It doesn't really bother me except that it makes me a bit uneasy since I don't know if it's normal.

Please include a link because my Sigelei Kick only has a range of between 5-10 watts and is marked around the adjustment pot in half watt increments. I know that the newest version of eVolv's Kick (the original maker of the Kick) goes to 15 watts, but it's considerably more expensive than the Sigelei (like three times the amount).

The rattlesnake noise that you're hearing is normal...it's the PWM (pulse width modulation) of the Kick's circuitry turning the power off and on rapidly to achieve your desired power level.

Instruction to operate Kick from Sigelei:

1. How to set Power Level (watts setting): The adjustment potentiometer (blue box) is located on the top side of the Kick. In the center of the box is a white adjustment screw to be used for adjusting the Kick’s power setting. The watts settings are marked ON THE CIRCUIT BOARD and can be seen around the pot/blue-box. NOTE: there are lines underneath each setting number, follow the lines to the corresponding watts setting. Turning the adjustment screw clockwise increases power and counter-clockwise decreases power. The settings range is from 5 watts to 10 watts. The Kick performs best with attys/cartos rated between 1.3 to 3.0 Ohms. You can use higher rated resistance but the Kick will not regulate well at the highest power levels if resistance is above 3 ohms. Unlike Variable voltage devices, the Kick does not need frequent adjustments. Once you find your preferred Power level, there is no need to constantly adjust it because the Kick will maintain that Power level even if you change attys/cartos and/or resistance.

2. Low Battery Indicator: The Kick will detect, and stop functioning, when a battery charge level drops below 3.2 volts UNDER LOAD (with an atty/carto attached). This is a safety feature. The Kick will tell you this feature is activating when you experience STUTTER VAPE (vapor-no vapor alternating – may feel like tss-tss-tss). If you continue to vape beyond this indicator, the Kick will stop functioning until a fresh battery charge is detected.

gallery_15088_188_54538.jpg

Here's a close-up pic of one of my Sigelei Kicks. Notice the setting diagram to the left of the center post. Also notice the two dots on either side of one section of the white phillips head adjustment pot screw...those dots indicate the pointer (this Kick is currently set to 8 watts).

Edited by Rixter