Confused on micro coils

I have been trying to make a micro coil for my davide for a few days now. I have been experimenting with different number wraps and different diameter core. I have seen tutorials out there that they get around 1.8 ohm out of it. How are they doing this? Any of the coils I have done somehow end up at around 3.5-4 ohm. I have to get this figured out because when I ordered my mom her first starter kit last night she surprised me with buying me an AGA-T2 rba. I am really excited because I feel as if im not a beginner anymore. I rebuild the coil on my davide all the time now. I guess the next trick is me figuring out how to make a stainless steel wick right and not blowing out my e-vic. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BTW I am using 32g kanthal A-1 annealed wire.

Edited by loneranger721981

are you making sure the micro coils are being pushed together? the individual coils have to be touching each other. Also using a thicker kanthal will help. I prefer 28g myself but i also run lower ohms around .6-1.2 depending on the device. Anyway.... If you use a 30g kanthal and when your wrapping make sure your coils are touching each other... then you want to heat them up with a torch and use a pair of tweezers or pliers and actually squeeze them together as tight as you can with out overlapping the coils. also when you squeeze the coil make sure its got the red hot glow so the wires "stick" together, as it helps them stay in a tighter grouping :)

Hey a quick question on these can you build them for the mini divides?

Yes you can, it's a fun little project though.

OP, I get 1.3-1.8 omhs useing 28g wire with 12/13 wraps. But as stated before, all coils must be touching. Just look on youtube and look for micro coiling. As for SS mesh wick, I always use a 3mm eko wool as the isolater for my mesh wick.

Thanks for all the advise. I was not using tweezers to squeeze them together. That should help. Also how often do you need to change the mesh wick? Hope not as often as my cotton which is daily.

It depends on how much you use it. I change my mesh and wool every two to three weeks depending how much I use it. Mesh wicks, IMO, is good for genesis type tanks. Cotton is great for micro drip RDA/RBA's (tried cotton, but it burns to fast for my liking), But I still like the eko-wool in my drip atoms and mesh in my genesis style tanks.

It also depends on what you perfer in vaping wises. I like huge clouds when I vape. You might want flavor, vape and the hit......So, if you are looking for that kind of vape, then I would do a genesis type tank, with a 3mm eko wool sleeve over a 2.5mm ss mesh with a 1.5-2.0mm bigger hole in the genesis style top.