Weird taste

thvapor

So I have the vapors tongue maybe I think.. I have a kanger pro tank 2 with vision spinner and I just got some cinnamon bun from mount vapor. I dripped it first amazing.. so I put it in my tank, still very strong but now not much and seems to be a weird plastic taste... What's going on is it my taste buds?

That's not really possible, too many KPT owners on here to believe that...most here pay attention to those that have been here awhile...

Was your KPT2 brand new right out of the box? Did you wash it prior to using it?

Have you dripped the same juice after noting flavor issues?

Oh who cares about pedigree and seniority! Im speaking from actual trials of both tanks. Biggest problem with vaping is waisting money on hyped up gear. I'm pushing the 2000.00 dollar mark, cause I buy on impulse and follow trends. Kanger is trendy, I'll say that for it. I bought 4, but, I prefer the iclear30's. Try one before you kick me again.lol

Oh who cares about pedigree and seniority! Im speaking from actual trials of both tanks. Biggest problem with vaping is waisting money on hyped up gear. I'm pushing the 2000.00 dollar mark, cause I buy on impulse and follow trends. Kanger is trendy, I'll say that for it. I bought 4, but, I prefer the iclear30's. Try one before you kick me again.lol

I agree with that too, so new members get welcomed here but get shot down by "snottty vets".. The information is great here but some of the users need to get off there high horse and be happy there's new users to talk too..

I tend to trust those I know, and have a history of providing good information.no one is shooting anyone down, just not a reasonable answer. Many members here own KPTs,, and have not had the same issue. I have 7, and I also have iclears 3, and they tend to gather dust. If you really don't llike the KPT I'll buy it from ya, meet anywhere or come down to the shop on Tuesday.

But back to my questions, did you wash it prior to use? Metal parts have a machining oil used during manufacturing, and they leave it on for corrosion protection during overseas transportation.

Did you try dripping it again? Maybe the storage bottle is corrupting the flavor

My issue with cinnamon bun wasn't the tank, but after a while with cinnamon flavors, even if it's just powerdery cinnamon flavoring type like with cinnamon roll or cinnamon bun, after a few hours, you start losing the ability to taste it for even a couple of days sometimes. It's the nature of cinnamon flavoring. You either lose the ability to taste the cinnamon a bit in what I call the powdered cinnamon flavors after a few hours. With the more Inferno/Red Hot/whatever your brand calls that type of flavor (which you HAVE to have glass for), in my experience, one of two things happen (or both) - it either dulls your ability to taste anything else, or for quite a while after you've stopped vaping that flavor, everything you vape will still taste like Inferno or whatever it was.

Another word of warning. Even with the cinnamon roll type flavors, and with citrus as well, keep a good sized bottle of vodka on hand (I tried using a "mini-bar" sized bottle that I got at a gas station for this, but it didn't get the job done, so I ended up buying a larger bottle from the grocery store that worked much better, even though I used the same amount). The mini-bar sized one, which, heck, I can't remember the brand, but it wasn't one I recognized, after eight hours of soaking, I thought the flavor of both the Inferno and the Citrus juice (on an evod tank rather than a KPT 2) was gone, but after sitting for two days with another flavor juice in them, I went to take a hit off the KPT 2, and essentially got hit with a mouthful of a mix of Inferno and Irish Cream that doesn't taste like Irish Cream. With the Citrus tank (in an evod, yes, I know you aren't supposed to use citrus in an plastic tank), I had put some Banana Cream into the tank, and didn't get back to it for a couple days, and when I did I got a vape full of Banana Cream and Jungle Juice.

I tend to trust those I know, and have a history of providing good information.no one is shooting anyone down, just not a reasonable answer. Many members here own KPTs,, and have not had the same issue. I have 7, and I also have iclears 3, and they tend to gather dust. If you really don't llike the KPT I'll buy it from ya, meet anywhere or come down to the shop on Tuesday.

But back to my questions, did you wash it prior to use? Metal parts have a machining oil used during manufacturing, and they leave it on for corrosion protection during overseas transportation.

Did you try dripping it again? Maybe the storage bottle is corrupting the flavor

In my excitement I went to vapetech and the guy filled it up for me.. Ill wait for the iclear 30 and see if that helps thanks though and if the k tank still is bad ill hook up with you

The first KPT I had had an awful, almost metallic taste to it. I gave it away. I thought all along it was an aversion to the metal drip tip. Then I realized I never washed and cleaned it before I filled it and those things are shipped with a coating to protect them during shipping I learned. I bought a KPT2 and several Davide Minis and washed and cleaned them before filling and never got that taste again. Just a possibility. Davide Minis are about all I use anymore though, I have the KPT2 and use it on occasion but the draw is a little too tight for me.

Carter, the Davide and my first KPT2, I didn't have that problem. But when I ordered that batch of them with my Zmax, the first one was fine, but the second one that I didn't rinse sorta bit me in the butt. I rinsed the rest of them out before I filled them.