Do new coils need time like the wicks do?

Patricia

Hey all. When I first got my Vivi Nova I learned that when I first filled it up or after a wick change you needed to let it sit for a while to "wick up". My question is, with these coils that go in the Protanks and Davides do they need to sit also? I would not think so because there in no wick involved but I would rather ask so I don't burn anything up. Thanks for you patients with my learning process.

Yeah, like Aqua said, there's a wick, and since the Davides and full sized Pro Tanks don't have a flat bottom (they have that pesky screw) if you want them to sit flat while the wick gets primed, you'll have to screw it on to your device, but if you fill the tanks, you usually don't have to do that. Trust me, you'll know if you haven't let it sit long enough. You'll taste it.

Also, once you replace a new coil, if you only have variable voltage, not variable wattage, or if you use the VV setting, crank it down a few notches before "lighting up". And a final thought - I know, I have a lot of them - I DON'T think you do, but if you have a mod capable of checking the resistance of the new coil, check that before you vape for the first time as well. As you know, the coils can vary in resistance from coil to coil due to, I guess the manufacturing process, but the Kanger coils are notorious for it being....well, hit or miss of the mark. If you run VV (which I think your device is ONLY VV, right?), you may need to adjust your voltage based on that. But I don't think you can check resistance on yours, can you?

With the Protanks I just take a few power off pulls when using a fresh coil to prime the wicks. Then I vape and go. No waiting. When I used Vivi Novas I used to fray or unravel the wick strands to improve wicking. When using a new Vivi Nova head I'd drip a drop of juice on the coil itself, screw the top on and vape. No waiting.