Proper kick usage

Hello all,

Quick question for you. When using my kick by evlov do I need to turn down the wattage when I put in a fresh battery? If so, then when would it be ok to crank it back up again? I like to vape at 8 watts for most of my juices.

It just seems to me that when I do not lower the wattage a bit that sometimes I begin to get a burnt taste. I honestly thought that I would not need to adjust it as in my understanding it is supposed to automatically adjust itself to avoid that.

As usual thanks in advance.

DG

the whole point of the kick is to make a mechanical device into a regulated device. That being said you dont ever have to turn the kick down or up unless its a personal preferance i.e. a different juice tastes better at 7 watts, or you want a cooler vape to preserve battery life, etc.

So you should be fine with a fresh battery as long as you let it sit for a 1/2 hour before putting it in the device. Some will say 1 hour but i havent noticed any difference in the times... just dont toss it from the charger to the mod, as that can be bad since its been recharging for probably a fairly long time. :)

Yeah, you shouldn't have to adjust your Kick's setting once you find your preferred power level for your juice. The e-liquid's performance is the most important thing to consider when determining that setting. The Kick is designed to keep the power to the coil at a constant level as your battery discharges.

Edited by Rixter

Thanks Rixter and Imedic. I thought the same thing also but had to confirm. I was getting a burnt taste when I would change atty's that had different ohm ratings and different juices. I guess I just have to take better note to what juices perform better and at what wattages. Is the reason for the sometimes burnt taste because of a different juice not liking a higher watt setting than the previous juice?

Imedic, the battery thing you mentioned is a first time I heard of that. I have to admit that I have just pulled a fully charged battery and put it directly into my mod. I will take care about that in the future.

Thanks Rixter and Imedic. I thought the same thing also but had to confirm. I was getting a burnt taste when I would change atty's that had different ohm ratings and different juices. I guess I just have to take better note to what juices perform better and at what wattages. Is the reason for the sometimes burnt taste because of a different juice not liking a higher watt setting than the previous juice?

Imedic, the battery thing you mentioned is a first time I heard of that. I have to admit that I have just pulled a fully charged battery and put it directly into my mod. I will take care about that in the future.

While it's a good practice to let it rest.... There has been no conclusive evidence that it is a bad idea or a good idea one way or the other. It would stand to reason that if you put a bunch of energy into something you should let it rest and stabilize but that could also be personal preference. :)

You know, Medic....I'm wondering about that. Hubby charges his batteries, and I'm pretty sure he only has two (and smaller batteries at that) on my charger. I've seen him many times take the battery directly off the charger, and stick it in his mini provari, and put the battery he was using on the charger (he tends to let them sit on the charger since with the Intellicharger he says there's no way to over charge it, despite me telling him to get the darned thing off because I may want to unplug the charger to plug something else in). Granted, he gets longer life out of his smaller batteries because he doesn't vape as much as I do, plus during the week, he spends most of his day in class, but I have to wonder if his battery life would be improved by letting it rest?