Coils for Kanger Pro Tank (1 & 2), EVOD, MT3S and T3S

Tam

At my local brick & mortar store today I went to buy some Pro Tank coils in a 2.2 ohm. They only had 1.5 ohm, which I don't like. They gave me a five pack of 2.2 ohm T3S coils and said they work in all Kanger Pro Tanks, Pro Tank 2, EVOD, MT3S, and T3S. Since Pro Tank coils also work in the Davide glassomizers (and mini versions), these should work the same.

Just thought I'd give people a heads up that these coils should all be the same so you can interchange the tanks. :)

Did that make any sense? If it didn't I plead brain dead after a looooong day at work. :D

the EVOD coils also tighten up the airy draw from the protank if you use them in the KPT.

Only the short stemmed EVOD coils do, which Kanger is no longer producing. They're only making the long stemmed coils now. :(

Thankfully, on a Pro Tank 2, this isn't a problem. It comes with a slightly tighter draw all on its own.

Edited by Tameiki

i hold my kpt straight up and down but i have bottles with a needle tip on them so i can easily fill those with no mess.

tam buckys bargain vapor or something like that still has some short stem coils.

Even with a blunt drip tip on my bottles of e-liquid I can get nearly 3 mls into my Pro Tank. No needle tips required, thanks. :)

Thanks for the heads up on the short stem coils, Love, but I think I'm good with the long ones. They seem to be working okay. It's just the original ones that were inside the Davide Minis that were faulty. Once I changed them out they seem to be working fine now.

One of the dealer (Sun Vapers) told me that Kanger updated their coil heads to be compatible across their product line. Newer MT3S and T3S, PT2 supposed to have these new, improved coils. The newer coils should be backward compatible with older PT,evod, MT3, T3 (you may need a new base for T3). The new coils are much better. My first 5 have been working flawlessly for almost 2 weeks (at least 3 refills each tank). The draw seems to be the same.

I figured I would add this question to your thread about the same coil. I

I have the MT3 and loved it at first. Now im coming to find the draw is getting really tight, almost like trying to drink a thick milkshake. I let it soak in vodka over night and then dry burned it to see if anything was wrong. I still get the bad draw. I looked into the base and noticed that the holes are at the very top of the threads and probably are mostly covered up by the battery because they are so small. Has anyone tried to drill the holes out on these to make it better? I just got in my kanthal wire to be able to build my own heads so toying around is nothing new to me. Thanks

I figured I would add this question to your thread about the same coil. I

I have the MT3 and loved it at first. Now im coming to find the draw is getting really tight, almost like trying to drink a thick milkshake. I let it soak in vodka over night and then dry burned it to see if anything was wrong. I still get the bad draw. I looked into the base and noticed that the holes are at the very top of the threads and probably are mostly covered up by the battery because they are so small. Has anyone tried to drill the holes out on these to make it better? I just got in my kanthal wire to be able to build my own heads so toying around is nothing new to me. Thanks

If the draw was fine at first but has tightened up over time, drilling out the air holes is probably not going to fix the problem. What's happened is more and more juice has gotten baked onto the coils from use, so unless you can re-coil the head with fresh wire, the main air path will get more and more blocked over time. Sounds like a replacement head is in order.

Does your version of the MT3 have a separate base and coil head, or is the coil head and base all one piece?

Edited by Rixter

One of the dealer (Sun Vapers) told me that Kanger updated their coil heads to be compatible across their product line. Newer MT3S and T3S, PT2 supposed to have these new, improved coils. The newer coils should be backward compatible with older PT,evod, MT3, T3 (you may need a new base for T3). The new coils are much better. My first 5 have been working flawlessly for almost 2 weeks (at least 3 refills each tank). The draw seems to be the same.

Those same coils can be used/are used in the Davides as well.