• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tameiki

Tameiki

Jeff may be "awesome" but Tam is even more so. ^__^

• VIP Member
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

At my local brick & mortar store today I went to buy some Pro Tank coils in a 2.2 ohm. They only had 1.5 ohm, which I don't like. They gave me a five pack of 2.2 ohm T3S coils and said they work in all Kanger Pro Tanks, Pro Tank 2, EVOD, MT3S, and T3S. Since Pro Tank coils also work in the Davide glassomizers (and mini versions), these should work the same.

Just thought I'd give people a heads up that these coils should all be the same so you can interchange the tanks.  :)

Did that make any sense? If it didn't I plead brain dead after a looooong day at work.  :D

#2 Love2VapeDaily

Love2VapeDaily

mosquitos don't bite me out of respect.

• VIP Member
  • 969 posts
  • Interests:my kids, xbox 360 hot rods and vaping.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

the EVOD coils also tighten up the airy draw from the protank if you use them in the KPT.

#3 Tameiki

Tameiki

• VIP Member
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

the EVOD coils also tighten up the airy draw from the protank if you use them in the KPT.

Only the short stemmed EVOD coils do, which Kanger is no longer producing. They're only making the long stemmed coils now.  :(

Thankfully, on a Pro Tank 2, this isn't a problem. It comes with a slightly tighter draw all on its own.

Edited by Tameiki, 13 August 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#4 spydre

spydre

Seizure Queen

• VIP Member
  • 2,509 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. Ask me for IM contacts.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

How much does the PT 2 hold?

#5 Tameiki

Tameiki

• VIP Member
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

How much does the PT 2 hold?

A regular Pro Tank or Pro Tank 2 will hold 2.5 ml of liquid. The site Discount Vapers says it'll hold up to 3 ml if you don't hold it at too steep an angle while filling.

The Pro Tank mini holds between 1 and 1.5 mls.

http://www.discountv...nger-protank-1/

#6 Love2VapeDaily

Love2VapeDaily

• VIP Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

i hold my kpt straight up and down but i have bottles with a needle tip on them so i can easily fill those with no mess. 

tam   buckys bargain vapor or something like that still has some short stem coils.

#7 Tameiki

Tameiki

• VIP Member
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

i hold my kpt straight up and down but i have bottles with a needle tip on them so i can easily fill those with no mess. 

tam   buckys bargain vapor or something like that still has some short stem coils.

Even with a blunt drip tip on my bottles of e-liquid I can get nearly 3 mls into my Pro Tank. No needle tips required, thanks.  :)

Thanks for the heads up on the short stem coils, Love, but I think I'm good with the long ones. They seem to be working okay. It's just the original ones that were inside the Davide Minis that were faulty. Once I changed them out they seem to be working fine now.

#8 pdoan2006

pdoan2006

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

One of the dealer (Sun Vapers) told me that Kanger updated their coil heads to be compatible across their product line. Newer MT3S and T3S, PT2 supposed to have these new, improved coils. The newer coils should be backward compatible with older PT,evod, MT3, T3 (you may need a new base for T3). The new coils are much better. My first 5 have been working flawlessly for almost 2 weeks (at least 3 refills each tank). The draw seems to be the same.

#9 Love2VapeDaily

Love2VapeDaily

• VIP Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

i have had the same coil in my kpt for almost 6 weeks now, fill it atleast daily sometimes more.

#10 Aquatroy

Aquatroy

Vapetastick!

• VIP Member
  • 2,254 posts
  • Interests:Jazz, WWOZ, NOLA, Aquatics, and a great GUMBO!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

They are also selling the version 2 bases seperately so you can improve the draw on original KPT