Smoketek Zmax v2 or Sigeli Zmax v 2 or 3?

Forgive me, but I'm going to be making a couple different posts here within a few minutes.

I've pretty much narrowed down my mod search to the Zmax. The SiD that I WAS looking at is 510 threaded only, does not accept eGo threading without an adapter, and I don't want to have to deal with an adapter. Plus, I can't find whether the voltage is RMS or Mean.

So I have two questions, really. Both of the Zmax manufacturers have the telescoping option. Is this just so you can get longer battery life, having two batteries in there? Or does that mean you can dial the voltage/wattage higher with with two batteries?

Also, final question (and the reason for writing this post to begin with), I've been doing SOME research. Like I said earlier in the post, I've narrowed it down to the Smoketek Zmax or the Sigeli Zmax (I hope I spelled that right). I'm just not sure which.

I'm not seeing much of a difference between them, except one of the reviews I read said the Sigeli is more durable when being knocked/dropped (and I'm a MASSIVE klutz), and the fact that the SmokeTek has an LED display, the Sigeli has an OLED, and on the Sigeli v2, on the screen, some words won't fit entirely on the screen, and the word resistance is long enough that it has to scroll. I know for the Sigeli, if you want to use it in telescoping mode (v. 2), you have to get a different end cap to allow the second battery to fit. I don't know if that is the case with the SmokeTech.

Okay, and this is stupid, but one plus for the SmokeTech is that it comes in different colors, lol.

I've only seen two things that directly compare the Sigeli to the SmokeTech, and one on review, it was firmly Sigeli, and one thread (not a review) on ECF, most of it was Sigeli, but there were those that preferred the SmokeTech. I looked at the pbusardo review of the Sigeli that I could find, but it seemed to mostly compare the v2 with the v1.

Also, if I go with the Sigeli, would you recommend v2 or v3? Are the ONLY differences the two line display and the lack of need for a different end cap for telescoping mode? Just the two line display has me leaning toward v3, but I'm not sure if I would be using the second battery option.

I don't own any of these but the sigeli seems to be preferred.

I like your first choice of the Sid,I may get one of these soon.

According to this review it does have ego cone threading

and PBusardo also has reviews on your other choices.

I just received my sigelei zmax v3 today and have been vaping it non stop. I dont know about v2 but the V3 really rocks. It has a great heft to it making if feel very durable. Took me all of about 5 min to figure out the various displays and such. I am extremely happy with it. I love it way more than my KTS telescopic storm (I will most likely sell it). If my V3 holds up to harsh conditions at work (Iraq), I will most likely buy another one as a backup unit. IMO you wont go wrong with the V3 of the Zmax.

@joe2003, I haven't been able to watch the review yet. Busy day, and I've been watching other reviews as well. I will shortly.

On the Smoketech Zmax review, I saw that one of the KangerTech T3S didn't work with the Smoketech Zmax, without, I guess, and adapter. Does anyone know if they work with the Sigeli? Because I was going to replace my EVOD's with those, because of the lighting in here, I have problems seeing the fluid levels in them through the little bitty windows on the side, in addition to adding a couple of Davides to my collection. Probably replace half of my EVODS with Davides (so, 2) and get the three pack of the T3S.

EDIT: But wait, can you replace the coils on the T3S? I need to double check that. I think you can.

Edited by spydre

SID eGo connection will work with: Kanger MT3, T3, EVOD, Vision VT (2ml version), CE form factor clearomizers. Wider well provides very good air flow. My mini Vivi, IGO-W, IGO-L don't seem to flush mount. I might be able to push the pin down a little, but don't want to risk it for now. It's a cheaper APV, so don't expect anything exceptional about it. The build quality and finish is not that great. But, it works just fine. The control is OK. I get used to it in a day and I can change voltage setting without looking directly at the device (while I'm driving). The LCD is kind of difficult to read under bright light or day light.

If you can spend a little bit more, buy something nicer than the SID. The Sigelei Zmax V3 seems to have a wider well, so it would work better with ego connector. There's a telescopic version. Better price than the SmokTech Zmax V2. Just my thought.

The telescopic feature allows you to have a single 18350 (shorter) or stack 2 18350s or a single 18650. May be better compatibility with flat top and button top batteries (?).

I've owned 2 Smoktech devices, a Vmax and a Zmax V2. The Vmax quickly developed a wonky display but worked okay for what it was. The Zmax performed much better and had more features, like VW. But shortly after getting it it started to have erratic fire button issues and would randomly start scrolling through menu options before I realized what was happening. Many times this resulted in having to change various menu options back to my preferences. As time went on the button issues only got worse. This is extremely common with Smoktech Zmax's. Consequently I'll never own another Smoktech apv.

I now have a Sigelei telescoping Zmax V2 and couldn't be happier with it. The build quality is much better than either of the Smoktech devices and the performance is great with no button issues. After 4 months or so I have zero complaints.

I don't know if anyone else caught this but DO NOT stack batteries. The protected batteries could short and cause venting in the mod if stacked. You get the telescoping to increase the size of the battery to get more battery life.

I just received my sigelei zmax v3 today and have been vaping it non stop. I dont know about v2 but the V3 really rocks. It has a great heft to it making if feel very durable. Took me all of about 5 min to figure out the various displays and such. I am extremely happy with it. I love it way more than my KTS telescopic storm (I will most likely sell it). If my V3 holds up to harsh conditions at work (Iraq), I will most likely buy another one as a backup unit. IMO you wont go wrong with the V3 of the Zmax.

If you sell the storm pm me!

SID eGo connection will work with: Kanger MT3, T3, EVOD, Vision VT (2ml version), CE form factor clearomizers. Wider well provides very good air flow. My mini Vivi, IGO-W, IGO-L don't seem to flush mount. I might be able to push the pin down a little, but don't want to risk it for now. It's a cheaper APV, so don't expect anything exceptional about it. The build quality and finish is not that great. But, it works just fine. The control is OK. I get used to it in a day and I can change voltage setting without looking directly at the device (while I'm driving). The LCD is kind of difficult to read under bright light or day light.

If you can spend a little bit more, buy something nicer than the SID. The Sigelei Zmax V3 seems to have a wider well, so it would work better with ego connector. There's a telescopic version. Better price than the SmokTech Zmax V2. Just my thought.

The telescopic feature allows you to have a single 18350 (shorter) or stack 2 18350s or a single 18650. May be better compatibility with flat top and button top batteries (?).

Yeah, after watching the review, I pretty much ruled the SiD out. There were some things I didn't like it, but the difficulty reading the display was one of them. I'm wondering if vendor sites intentionally weed out the negative consumer reviews that are posted on the page for the product, because I never saw a negative consumer comment on it, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

I don't know if anyone else caught this but DO NOT stack batteries. The protected batteries could short and cause venting in the mod if stacked. You get the telescoping to increase the size of the battery to get more battery life.

If you sell the storm pm me!

Yeah, I read somewhere else it's not as safe to stack batteries. If I use it in telescoping mode, I was planning on just using the longer battery, rather than stacking batteries. It's not like I'm often away from home for long periods of time where I would be vaping a lot, you know, it's not like I go to work or school, but I would prefer the extended battery life, hopefully lasting 24 hours rather than the 8 I get right now, or "most of the day" that other vapers I know get.