Help!....Old school vaper with questions

Lordvapor

Hey guys it's been a really long time since I posted on here...

A little background for those who don't know me or forgot... I quit smoking 12/20/10 and have been vaping since... Started with the Joye 510.... Then went to a ego...been using that with a LR atty @1.7 ohms dripping..

I have exhausted my supply of attys and cant find any more LR's ( been getting from one spot)

I did buy an ego t and I can't stand it... I get a burnt taste or nothing but some nasty taste...

Now I see all these cool ecigs and different hardware and I feel as if I have cheated myself from not upgrading or following the curve...

I wanna upgrade... I need help...But don't know what to look for... When I started there were not so many options...

Can anyone give me some info on what is a good ecig? I know its subjective but how bout tell me what you use and why...

Thanks guys and gals

well what kind of upgrade are you looking for? do you want eGo threads and 510? or just 510? do you want an APV or a Mech? do you mind using batteries that you can pull out of the mod and charge it? or do you want a pass through?

i know you might not be able to answer that right now but thats important when you think about upgrading.

I love my eVic and my ItasteV3. Those are considered APV's because the are both VV/VW

I also love my KTS+ and my e-pipe mod which are both mechanical. Neither have a board to adjust anything with they use the battery to complete the circuit so therefore they are a mechanical.

I dont know if that helps... and also.. you could try a few different tanks or clearo's on the eGo battery. What do you use on it now?

Forgive my ignorance....

I have always used the 510 platform.... I am currently using a ego passthrough battery with a LX 1.7 ohm atty with a drip tip...

You have given me some info to research though... I am interested in the itastev3 you mentioned...

I think what I am looking for is a more modern up to date device.... more of a modded device....

I haven't had any luck with the tank system....but I bet that it has gotten better...

ok well the Itaste is a nice portable device but lacks some of the flashy stuff things like the VAMO or the Zmax or the eVic have. I really like it but some dont prefer it. If you want a tight draw like the atty's have i would recommend you check out a vivi nova tank. If you wanna get away from that i love the T3S and MT3S made by kanger. I have pretty much decided that if i can rebuild it... i will. So i only buy rebuildable/ repairable tanks now. I am willing to front the money if it means i can save it in the long run.

Thanks, I really do like the itastev3... don't care for flashy at all..

I guess my confusion is the newer tank systems and attys.... I see these clear tanks that look to hold a lot of juice and look to need some fancy expensive atomizer...

I have been on 510 platform because of ease of use and availability...now its a crap shoot... I would buy my attys from liquidxpress and they have been out of them for a while...hence I have no atomizers except for old ones that I put back and don't work worth a poo...

I don't hear a lot of people dripping anymore.... now I see these clearish tanks and stuff,,,,

LOL well i can help with tanks. I have been using them since i started over a month ago and have tried probably close to 25 different ones. :)

I love the T3S and MT3S for portability and ease of use you can get them here:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1943&category_id=69

now they are bottom feeders which means instead of the wick being at the top of the tank it sits in the bottom. The replaceable part is commonly called the head or coil and those you can purchase here:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1951&category_id=69

I recommend buying at least 10 to start. that way if you get a dud you can replace it and not worry about running out. They have lasted me about 1 to 1.5 weeks a coil.

You could get something that is an easy fill but the wicking isnt as good but from your original post i think a BCC(bottom changeable coil) is your best option.

a few things to know about BCC tank/clearos:

1. Leaking, at least a small amount, is almost unavoidable. It does NOT happen all the time but sometimes an o-ring gets unseated or your coil craps out and allows liquid into the base where it leaks.

2. If you get gurgling the coil has now flooded and needs replaced bc the wick has been degraded enough that its allowing excess liquid through to the coil and the coil just simply cannot keep up.

3. You fill them from the bottom allowing you to actually change the coil on the fly without emptying the tank!

4. Once you fill it your going to want to let it sit for a minute or so and let the wick suck up some liquid before you start vaping or it will be the dreaded dry hit. It will also scorch the wick and leave a burnt taste to the liquid.

if there is anything you dont understand ill try and answer it better but as i found for myself it was more useful to get it... try it... then ask about the problems i had with it and how to fix them. that way i understood more of what the tank was doing without trying to read what the tank should/shouldn't do. :)

The Kanger is a 2.4 ohm coil... how does that compare to a LR atomizer?...

Thanks so much I know I don't make much sense but all the info you are giving me is exacly what I am looking for....

I believe peoples experiences is gonna help me a lot...

So far I like your idea of the itastev3 with the Kanger ts3.... but unfamiliar territory with non standard 510 atomizers...

Replaceable.... there's is the light bulb....

you can buy the coils in 2.5, 2.2, 2.0, and 1.8 so i would say you probably want the 1.8 since thats going to be more of where your LR atty sits. :) If you ever get into rebuilding things... you can rebuild the heads to whatever you want. I have 12 rebuilt to 1.2 with a cotton wick :)

There are some bridge less, used for dripping, 510 LR atomizers in the Marketplace. You could also try the 360 atomizers, they have the 510 fitting. Basically the same atomizer, it is just supposed to work better. I did use them in the past and liked them.

I am also an old school vaper. I had the mods and now they are all in a drawer. lol I went back to the eGo's. Simple to use and charge. What I did buy, to replace a 5v mod that I broke, was the eGo twist. I love the thing! The only thing I don't like is the numbers on the bottom, where you twist to adjust the voltage. A bit hard to see, have to take my glasses off.

I didn't care for the eGo T tanks and was on the fence with the Stardust/CE tanks. I do have one of the EVOD tanks. Haven't tried it yet.

I pretty much have stayed with the eGo Twist and 510 cartomizers. I am stuck in the past.

This is what I use...well I don't have drip tip on it now.... just an ego passthrough LR atty and driptip...

got an old standard atomizer on it now and no DT... dang thing taste like burnt sneakers

2013-08-04150606_zps85d962d9.jpg

I also won a few mega dual coil cartos a long way back. Got really desperate and loaded one up! Holy mind blown! Much, much better than an LR or standard carto on higher voltage. Of course by the time I got around to using them, I couldn't find them anymore. lol

I am trying to catch up... I have been using the same system for a long time...

I just ordered some Kanger T3s and some coils...

Next I am gonna get a better battery maybe something VV and VW...

Hoping to teach this old dog some new tricks...

Now if VT doesn't go out of stock of dulcis I will be groovy...

a few things to know about BCC tank/clearos:

1. Leaking, at least a small amount, is almost unavoidable. It does NOT happen all the time but sometimes an o-ring gets unseated or your coil craps out and allows liquid into the base where it leaks.

2. If you get gurgling the coil has now flooded and needs replaced bc the wick has been degraded enough that its allowing excess liquid through to the coil and the coil just simply cannot keep up.

3. You fill them from the bottom allowing you to actually change the coil on the fly without emptying the tank!

4. Once you fill it your going to want to let it sit for a minute or so and let the wick suck up some liquid before you start vaping or it will be the dreaded dry hit. It will also scorch the wick and leave a burnt taste to the liquid.

if there is anything you dont understand ill try and answer it better but as i found for myself it was more useful to get it... try it... then ask about the problems i had with it and how to fix them. that way i understood more of what the tank was doing without trying to read what the tank should/shouldn't do. :)

my bcc kanger protank has been using the same coil for about a month now and has not leaked a drop, gurgled either. it is the lamborghini in my stable. i have not had much luck with any vision products but that is just my opinion.

1.7 ohm atty. I don't think I've seen those around but you can find 1.8 ohm atomizers everywhere.

My personal preference is the Vision Spinner for a variable voltage battery. I have both 900 mAh and 1300 mAh. The 900 mAh batteries are the same circumference as the eGo batteries while the 1300s are fatter but no longer than the 900 mAh. I'm thinking of getting the 400 mAh for traveling with as they're smaller and easier to carry, IMO.

On my Spinners, some of them have a 2.0 ohm Smoketek bridgeless atty, some have 2.0 ohm Boge atty, Vision Eternity RDA, and/or Vision Victory (VT) clearomizers. All the atomizers are covered with drip shields and long drip tips from Empire Mods.

The jury is out on the Vision Eternity RDA -- I'm still learning how to use it correctly. :)

The two atomizers in 2.0 ohm, both bridged and bridgeless, are solid performers for me. With the variable voltage Spinners I can adjust the volts I'm using to get the best out of any flavor.

Look in the Vapor Talk Marketplace first, it'll probably be the easiest place to do one stop shopping. Just keep in mind that if you order from different vendors there, you'll incur separate shipping costs. I get my Boge 2.0 ohm atomizers from Gotvapes.com and the Smoketek bridgeless in 2.0 ohm from Mt. Baker Vaper (who are out of stock of these at the moment).

This is what I use...well I don't have drip tip on it now.... just an ego passthrough LR atty and driptip...

got an old standard atomizer on it now and no DT... dang thing taste like burnt sneakers

2013-08-04150606_zps85d962d9.jpg

Ooooh, we so need to get you into a Vision Spinner, Lordvapor. I believe we have one in your size that will fit perfectly! :D