beware of knock off batteries

Thought i purchased a legit ego t vv1100 mah battery but turned out to be a knock off. The battery is working fine with my kanger pro tank however the problem is you cannot turn the battery off. This will be a big problem if you keep this device in your pocket. One solution might be to buy a tooth brush case and keep it in there while in your pocket . Hope this helps guys

Every Ego "style" battery I have does the same thing. Press the button 5 times in succession and it blnks and they are turned off. I have true Vision Spinners, private label EgoT 1000mah batteries, and ego mini and designer 400 and 650mah and all share this same attribute.

Like everything else there are replica batteries out there. Even though the description said ego battery its not, doesnt say ego on the battery and the build quality is a little filmsy. So far it works fine but i don't like that it doesnt have a cut off feature because i usually keep mine in my pocket

None of my batteries say "Ego" on them. My Vision Spinners say "Vision Spinner" but my 1000mah batteries say "VapeDudes" on them and my 400mah minis and my wifes 650mah designer batteries have no words or markings on them what so ever,

my wifes is a vv that says ego but its not like my twist. her battery if you press the button 5 times within 1.5 seconds the voltage changes between 3.2 3.8 4.2v, but it will not turn off. it has a little LED display on the bottom showing how much charge is left in it. the LED changes color depending on what voltage shes using.

Okay, ego is not a brand, or a company, or a logo....it's a thread type/ battery style. Everybody and their mother uses it. Just because it was marked ego, or vape dudes, or smoking crow or whatever, does not mean its a quality battery.

There are a lot of manufacturers in China making ego style batts, most are crap, some are ok, and a few are better than the rest. And the private label batts are 50/50 some buy a cheap batt just for promotion, some buy a quality batt cuz they care about their customers. And every cheapo knock off trying to sell junk batt I've ever seen has ego on it somewhere, box, cases etc.

I only buy Joye brand ego type batts (and my EVic) trusted friends say Visions are good too, and I hope Kanger batts are as good as the other things they are making currently. I would stay away from everything else, nobody wants to see you get hurt, or at least dissapointed in your vaping experience.

Like everything else there are replica batteries out there. Even though the description said ego battery its not, doesnt say ego on the battery and the build quality is a little filmsy. So far it works fine but i don't like that it doesnt have a cut off feature because i usually keep mine in my pocket

The eGo battery sticks have the branding on the bottom, going slightly up the stem. That's how I discovered mine was knock off. Luckily, though, mine will turn off - but plugging it into the charger turns it back on again. If you weren't able to to turn it off, you wouldn't want to keep it in purse, either, because any time the button got bumped it would be shooting vapor all over your purse.

These are the popular eGo types:

Non VV batteries: usually have 5 click on/off function (may vary from 3 to 5 clicks).

Early VV: use 3-5 click to change voltage. Most can not be turned off. With the "click" and "hold" already been used, there's no option left.

Twist/Spinner/KGO: also use 5 click on/off. Use dial or a different set of buttons for voltage setting.

There are a few odd designs fall in between.

If you are holding down the button for a while and your battery turn off. That's most likely the cut off function. Usually holding down the power button for 10 to 15 seconds.

I wish that I knew this much when I started.