Ego knock off?

I bought what I thought was an ego c starter kit from eBay for $25.(extremely new to all of this). After a couple of days the battery quit holding a charge so I contacted the seller (many transactions, 100% positive feedback). She apologized saying that happens @maybe 1/500 times and quickly shipped another battery with no questions asked. 72 hours later, I started having the same issue. Realized that when the atomizer was not on,the battery seemed to be operating normally and after doing research came to the conclusion that it was a bad atty. purchased some replacements made for ego c/t and when I got them and tried to attach one to a battery they were much wider, therefore unable to screw in. Contacted that seller and he offered a full refund but did say he tried them in an original joyetech ego c and they fit perfectly. Also offered to give me a great deal on another vape (voltage regulated with LCD screen). Don't think he was lying.

So I asked the battery seller what size she sold me and she said they were "1100mAh ego ce4 ego t ego c." I did see one review follow up saying his broke and that it was a 900 not an 1100...

1.) would affect the size of the atty?

2.) how can I check on this without having to bring it into a shop?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thx in advance.

Most batteries only change in length. 650mah, 900mah, 1100mah, 1300mah. The 1300mah being the longest in length then the 1100mah then the 900mah and so on, with that said the ce4 will attach to any of those for as long as the ce4 has 510 threading or ego threading. I have 1 ego brand battery and it says it clearly on the battery my other battery is a knockoff but has the same threading as the ego and is almost identical in looks except my ego is shorter because it is less mah (milli amp hours)

Post a pic of your part in question and we will be glad to help.

I bought what I thought was an ego c starter

1.) would affect the size of the atty?

2.) how can I check on this without having to bring it into a shop?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thx in advance.

First of all you don't mention that you have a Clearomizer so I can only assume you have an ego-c/t set up.

In the ego-c/t set up the atomizer rests in a "base" which screws in to the battery. The atomizer itself doesn't screw in to anything. It press fits into the base. Without the base you won't be able to get the atomizer to work. There is a shield or cone that covers the atomizer and then your cartridge or tank plugs in to that. If you unscrewed the upper half from the battery, the base will be attached to the cone or shield covering the atomizer. Do you have all these pieces? Does my description match what you have?

I'm not sure what you are asking on the first question - by "atty size" do you mean physical size and fit? Or do you mean resistance?

You might be able to determine the battery maH by measuring its length but if you don't know the manufacturer then it would be a guess as they vary slightly between manufacturers. Also you would be relying on the seller to give you accurate (and truthful) measurements.

You're taking your chances on eBay - I don't know what else to say about that....

Edited by Bebop12

ive used ebay for years ,if you paid with paypal you have 45 days from the eoa/when you paid to file an Item not as described case . Open it in the resolution center .request a full refund upon receipt of the returned item . do not send it till the seller agrees then ship it back with dc or tracking . you send it first class with tracking .if the seller doesnt agree then escalate the case in the resolution center .

ebay will then decide . most of the time with a snarky seller they will force the seller to refund your money without having you ship it back.once you escalate it its out of the sellers hands to negotiate . ebay will almost always side with the buyer .
good luck -send that sucker back and get one from the market place there are some better deals there .

Ok. So that is a clearomizer. Something in the CE4 class. You muat have defective clearomizer. I cant tell in this pic about the threads but it should fit.

In that style the atty is internal to the clearomiser where the wicks disappear in to the center post.

Sounds like your being taken by somebody with defective clearos. Brand new ones are only a couple bucks and atty replaceable ones are only around $4.

Thanks a lot for all if the input. Both sellers have 100% positive feedback but each have a comment that item "was not as described."

Who I bought the battery from, there was a follow up that "battery broke quickly and wasnt the brand as described. was a 900 not 1100"

Who I bought atty/clearo from said "but willing to work with me," which has been the same for me. Offered me either a full refund or a "voltage regulated battery with LCD screen" for pretty much 1/2 price so he can keep my business.

I don't think either are trying to scam me but maybe since the battery isn't an original, the pieces don't match up.

So I can pretty much spend the same amount of money on either (what seems to be) a better battery that fits the 5 pack I got or get attys from battery seller (which I didn't know she sold originally).

The new battery sounds like a step up and is slightly more but thinking it might be worth it. Thx again for all of the input.

You're welcome.

As a general rule you'll save more in the long run getting gear from tried and true vendors. And that gear will be compatable with other name gear. It will last longer and be more useful to you

Thanks a lot for all if the input. Both sellers have 100% positive feedback but each have a comment that item "was not as described."

Who I bought the battery from, there was a follow up that "battery broke quickly and wasnt the brand as described. was a 900 not 1100"

Who I bought atty/clearo from said "but willing to work with me," which has been the same for me. Offered me either a full refund or a "voltage regulated battery with LCD screen" for pretty much 1/2 price so he can keep my business.

I don't think either are trying to scam me but maybe since the battery isn't an original, the pieces don't match up.

So I can pretty much spend the same amount of money on either (what seems to be) a better battery that fits the 5 pack I got or get attys from battery seller (which I didn't know she sold originally).

The new battery sounds like a step up and is slightly more but thinking it might be worth it. Thx again for all of the input.

r

Your battery is fine. Look at the clearo bases. That is your problem. The second one is too wide and doesn't appear to even have threads.

Brought everything into a shop. Turns out the new clearomizers actually do fit its just that the are spring loaded so takes a little more to hook them up. Was told they were on the cheap side but an upgrade from what I had. Going to look into getting some wick less ones when I receive the new battery.

The old batteries are still not holding charges so I am assuming they are bunk. Going to cut my losses and move on. From now on, will buy from est vendors.

Most batteries only change in length. 650mah, 900mah, 1100mah, 1300mah. The 1300mah being the longest in length then the 1100mah then the 900mah and so on, with that said the ce4 will attach to any of those for as long as the ce4 has 510 threading or ego threading. I have 1 ego brand battery and it says it clearly on the battery my other battery is a knockoff but has the same threading as the ego and is almost identical in looks except my ego is shorter because it is less mah (milli amp hours)

Post a pic of your part in question and we will be glad to help.

To clarify, mah stands for milliampere-hour. It is a measurement of electrical charge. The more mah, the longer the battery will last in between charges. This only affects the battery's size, not the threads on the end of the battery. I don't know of any eGo product that does not use a 510 thread.