Lung hits, compared to mouth hits....

I find that lung hits hits me harder the mouth hits...coming from a pack or so a day of kool filters 100's. At 24mg @ 50/50 mix works well with me (what my e-jucie is now) Today, I dropped down to 14mg @ 50/50 and its great....for now. I've been vaping for a couple months now, so, Lung hits at 14mgs makes me really dizzy. (No compaints). But, I find that my battery cant handle my lung hits. It blinks five (5) times in mid hit. The battey is a ego-k series @ 3.3 to 4.2 volts. The tank I'm rocking is a 2.8 om vivi nova 3.5ml tank.

I guess my question is, Will upping my voltage (in a VV/VW mod) help me get better lung hits then of mouth hits?I'm pretty sure the answer is yes...being a better battery, meaning better continuous hits. Or is that my battery unit rubbish?

Thanks for looking and/or helping me out.

If it is blinking, it sounds like you're hitting the cut-off. Generally, eGo batteries have anywhere from an 8 second to 10 second cut-off. As far as drawing into the mouth or directly into the lungs, it shouldn't make a difference to the battery.

I believe you are right. I tried both mouth and lung hit for about eight (8) seconds and that both triggered that flashing light continuously. So, I guess now, for me, to get a better lung hit would to add or bore the current vent holes in my vivi nova? The draw is great for a mouth hit, but for lung hits it isn't that great. So would boring out my "holes," help with better lung hit/ draws?

Edited by haynchinook334

Boring out more holes would make your Vivi Nova's draw more airy thereby diluting what you're calling 'lung hits'. In my experience upping voltage gives a harsher vape so you feel it more. Is that what you're wanting? If you do get into a variable voltage battery I'd suggest a Vision Spinner in either 900 or 1300 mAh.

I don't understand why going down in nic would make you dizzy. It seems that it would be the other way around. I agree with what Tam says. When I want a stronger throat hit I turn up the voltage on my Twister or Spinner, which ever one I may be using at the time. I have only used the 1ooo mAh.

Yes, larger air holes produce more vapor. You'll often lose flavor. It depends on where the air holes are placed. Every device is different. Some people prefer 2 tiny air holes instead of one large one. (some devices call for it, such as the uey wick attys).

Increasing the VG levels helps with vapor production too (also reduces flavor, but adds sweetness).

The reason why the 14mg of nic gives me a "dizzy" hit, is because I'm lung hitting my E-cig of 24mg of mouth hitting. I find that lung hitting at a lower "mg" of nic will give me a better nic fix, then of a higher "mg" at a mouth hit. My goal is to hit the lowest "mg" of nic as possible while still thinking I'm still smoking. If a 14mg of nic can get me "dizzy" off the set up I have now, then I know a better set up can render me of nic all together.

The reason why the 14mg of nic gives me a "dizzy" hit, is because I'm lung hitting my E-cig of 24mg of mouth hitting. I find that lung hitting at a lower "mg" of nic will give me a better nic fix, then of a higher "mg" at a mouth hit. My goal is to hit the lowest "mg" of nic as possible while still thinking I'm still smoking. If a 14mg of nic can get me "dizzy" off the set up I have now, then I know a better set up can render me of nic all together.

Then by all means, cut down on your nic mg levels. Anytime you're getting dizzy, means you've achieved your quota for the time being.

I had to switch from 18mg down to 12mg & 6mg after switching over to a genesis style attys, because those are quite a different producer of all things vaping. My cravings setup that used to be 36mg VG (like Bobas Bounty), was dropped down to 24mg VG Bobas Bounty. I'd vape the higher dose, only during super cravings, or for those break times where I had to go 2 hours without a vape, etc..

Most of my time I vape 12mg now. Sometimes zero, to be honest. Zero nic lets me take a deeper lung hit. That satisfaction we miss from smoking. (and never noticed that we were taking gentler inhales over the years because our lungs had changed gradually).

For a more satisfying deep lung hit, smoking type vape? Zero Nic for the win.

For calming your Jonsies? A higher mg in a VG base. (until you are calm. Switch to gentler when you're calm).

For all day long vaping? A nice steady 6mg - 12mg PG/vg mix, in a variety of flavors and even zero flavorings.

For more vapor. VG. Larger air holes.

For more sweetness. VG

For more flavor. PG

I just woke up, I hope I'm not off track of your questions.

Summary: A variety of batteries and atomizers loaded and at the ready throughout the day, for your personal needs, is... a typical day in the life of a veteran vaper. :D (anywhere from 2 to 10, whatever floats your particular boat).

These are just suggestions, not rigid guidelines or warranties or guarantees. It's what works great for many vapors.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help guys and gals. I went out and got myself a Lava tube V2 and a IGO-L (RDA) atomizer with two 1/16th air holes. The juice I'm useing is a (VG/PG) mix of 80/20 at .6 mg of nicotine, and I got to admit that this setup pretty much covers all that I wanted in vaping.