T3S vs T2 (Ego CC Longwick) full comparison

Mods feel free to move this to the review section if needed, but I thought I would post it here since its really not an e-cig review or a liquid review as much as a comparison, but if you think it belongs there please move it.

First off I am a huge fan of Kanger products, and I like both of these a lot. As with anything in life, there are pros and cons of each. I am going to compare these on the basis of the following criteria:

1. Looks

2. Taste-Vapor production

3. Ease of use

4. Maintenance

5. Cost of ownership

1. Looks: I like the way both of these clearomizers look but easily prefer the look of the T3S over the T2. I give the advantage here to the T3S. It is clearly marked a KangerTech product with the logo and name on the unit where the T2s do not have this. I also like that it has a gauge for liquid level both upside down and right side up since you fill from the bottom on these. They both come in color, but I find the looks of the T3S more appealing. Advantage T3S. It has a very clean uniform fit and finish. The ONLY complaint I have about the looks is the mouthpiece is clear which looks cool when unused but after a few draws you can see the condensation in it. Its there in the T2 as well, but with a black mouthpiece you cannot see it. I have had to get used to this.

2. Taste and Vapor production: Here is another area I am conflicted. With the T3S the flavors taste the same from top to bottom for me so far after vaping at least a tank of my go-to flavors with them. I might have to give the T2 a slight taste advantage for the first 1/4 of the tank, but after that it drops off for me unless I swirl the wicks which I hate to do. I do not notice a huge difference in vapor production but it seems the T3S produces slightly more. As my wife pointed out, there is definitely more of a "throat hit" from the T2 but at this point I am happy to tame that down just a bit. There is not a huge difference in this category either, but would give a slight advantage to the T3S since I think it produces slightly more vapor and the fact that my flavors taste the same from full to empty with all my flavors.

3. Ease of use: The T2 wins this one hands down. It is virtually impossible to get liquid in the air holes and-or flood a T2 from my experience. They fill from the top, very easy to do with little mess.You can fill while still attached to the battery. With the T3S you have to turn it upside down, unscrew the bottom, either be very very careful or plug the hole with a Q-Tip, put the bottom back on, and then re-attach it to the battery. Both are very easy to change the coils, although the T3S has an advantage here as you can easily change coils with a full tank as I have already done a few times (I will get to this later). One thing to mention here is due to the design of the T3S it doesn't work well for me with a lanyard on stock Ego batteries. It is fine on my Spinners, they have plenty of space and threads, but on the smaller batteries it screws down too far and places the lanyard ring in a bind and sometimes creates a distance that it doesn't make contact and you have to mess with it to get it to fire. I have gone back to using my Spinners anytime I plan to use a lanyard when using my T3S. I cannot efficiently use my lanyard and my EgoT 1000mah or my Ego Mini 400mah because the ring blocks the coil from making contact with the battery.

4.Maintenance: This is also a category where I am torn. It may be too early in my use of the T3S to accurately talk about this, but of the 10 I ordered with 1.8ohm coils standard I have replaced all 10 with 2.2 ohm coils that I ordered. The coils that came standard started flooding one by one but after exchanging them the leaking is minimal, but still there. I never had anything like this happen with the T2s. So far, there is definitely more maintenance with the T3S than the T2 for me anyway. Every coil I have used leaks at least a little and when refilling there is a procedure of blowing out, swabbing down the air hole and mouthpiece. It reminds me of the Ce4s in this regard. Let me say this, its not terrible. There is not liquid running out the bottom of these, but to say they don't leak a little would be being dishonest in my reviews. The second part is how easy it is to change the coils. With the T2 I always took out the coil, soaked the tank and cap in alcohol for a day or two, then let it air dry and go back into the rotation. With the T3S you just turn it upside down and unscrew the bottom, unscrew the old coil, screw in a new one, swab out the air hole, and screw it back on. I think it is more efficient as long as the coils last similar time-frames.

5. Cost of use: This is where there is not a lot of difference on the surface but as time goes on I can see either one having the advantage here. Up front costs are similar, in the neighborhood of $5 with one coil. The coils for the T2 are $2 and for the T3S are $1.39 so there is a difference there but not huge given how long they should last. I believe the T3S in the long run will be more efficient. I cannot count how many half tanks of liquid I have poured out of my T2s when a coil blows. It seems to ruin the whole tank and even if not, most comes out when you try to pull soaked wicks out and replace with new ones. That's why I gave up on even trying this with the T2s. With the T3S if I blow a coil I can replace it and continue to use the liquid in the tank. You can also buy replacement bases with the T3S ($2.50) but cannot buy replacement lids for the T2 (That I am aware of) and I have had a couple of them get the threads messed up and this renders them "spare parts".

Bottom line is I like both these units for different reasons. I am planning to continue using the T3S as my daily driver for now but will not ever be bummed out at all I have with me is a T2. They both are great delivery devices. I just love finally being able to vape a whole tank of liquid with no drop-off in flavor or taste without having to top them off all the time. For a total noob, I would probably recommend the T2 over the T3S due to the ease of filling and lack of maintenance. I would give a slight advantage overall to the T3S head to head with the T2 as long as you dont mind a little maintenance and an occasional leak. I know there are ways to fix them, add wicks, rebuild, etc... but that's not me. I want to buy something and it work and for me it does, but there are definitely minor leaking issues similar to but not as bad as my experience with CE4s.

This is my first non-liquid review so please, be gentle lol.

Edited by bcartervol98

Where is the KPT in your review? How do you compare it to the ones you reviewed?

To me, the KPT is the worst ranked of all the delivery devices I have tried based on taste alone. I cant review it because of how much I didn't like it, and since most everyone here loves them I am marking it up to personal taste although the person that sent it to me agrees it makes the juice taste like liquid metal. I am most likely in the vast minority and this is why I didn't mention it in this review. I was so excited when it came in the mail, and was a gift from another member and friend here. When I first loaded it with liquid I thought maybe it was just the "new" taste. Then I changed coils and alcohol-Vodka washed it and put in a new coil and the same taste was there at the same level. Its a metallic taste, probably due to the metal mouthpiece, but am going to try and trade my KPT and 10 coils for something of equal value at some point and if I cant most likely I will give it away. I offered it back to the person that gave it to me but they also feel like it gives liquid a, and I quote, "vile" metallic taste and didn't want it back. It has been sitting in a shot glass on my bar for a couple weeks now. It works, looks great, doesn't leak, and is easy to use but if you cannot stand the way it makes things taste its not really fair to review it imo.

Edited by bcartervol98

Well, if you don't have any takers I sure would love to have it. :blushing: I love mine, even better then my Mini Nova and I thought that was impossible. I have never tried the T2s and the T3s that you are talking about. But that is some great information. :thumbup:

Great review/comparison. Very thorough with lots of great information.

I know Ive decided to stick with my T2s for now. Especially since it's the perfect portable set up for me.

I have recently tried out a couple of dripping systems that are great when I'm home relaxing.(it has now replaced my T2 as my "at home" set-up. Cant beat the flavor and vapor production). But, for ease of use its hard to beat the T2

Well, if you don't have any takers I sure would love to have it. :blushing: I love mine, even better then my Mini Nova and I thought that was impossible. I have never tried the T2s and the T3s that you are talking about. But that is some great information. :thumbup:

That's why I didn't bring it up in my original reviews because I am in the vast minority, but not alone in my dislike for the KPT. I do believe the T2 and T3S deliver better flavor than the Vivi Nova for a better value overall. I have one Mini Nova and one Vivi Nova and I do not really use them anymore either. I think the flavor comes through the T2 and T3S much better.

Again, everything is subjective when it comes to "taste" but when it comes to other intangibles like ease of use, maintenance, cost of ownership reviewing can be valuable tools. Just typing this for myself made me realize I will probably use both at times without switching solely to one of the other. Its good to have two choices like that that are so close together. Strawberry Fields, Traditional Tobacco, and Juicy Peach have never tasted as good to me in anything I have used as the T3S but not a huge difference with my minty flavors.

Where does everyone get the 2.2 ohm. Mine came with 2.5 ohm and I only see those and 1.8 ohm replacements.

I ordered mine from Veteran Vaper. I generally default to 2.2 on all my stuff because they are good at both lower and slightly higher voltage.

I hang around the 4.0 v mark and I like that my vapor is not hot. Flavor appears to be better at a warmer vape but I prefer seeing vapor with a cool cape vapor. Not sure if that makes sense.

Totally makes sense. That is why I love the T3S even with the occasional small leaks because I feel like I get all the flavor, if not more, than the T2s produce and the cooler vape a bottom coil unit provides without the metallic taste I get in the KPT. To me, the T3S is about the same unit as the KPT just not made of glass and metal. All the "working parts" are in the same place and work in exactly the same way. The first 1/8th to 1/4th of a tank on a top coil unit may have a tiny amount more flavor but not appreciable in my experience.

Another thing I am liking about the T3S is not having to top off my liquids each night. I pretty much switch up my flavors throughout the day primarily between 3 flavors. At the rate I vape and the fact that the liquid tastes the same from top to bottom I now only fill tanks every other or every third day. This makes up for the little bit of extra work it is to fill the T3S. With the T2s the flavor dropoff at a half a tank is significant enough I was topping them off every night when I got home from work.

I've been using the T2 for about 2 weeks now and love them. I just got a few T3Ss yesterday and think I love them more. I seem to be burning through less juice with the T3S. You are absolutely right though, they both have their own set of pro and cons.

I had the original T3, but they just wouldn't stop leaking. It was very frustrating.

I may have to try the T3s. I totally disdain the copy T3's I had as they leaked and were not precise fitting. Mine both stopped working at all.

The T3S is name brand I guess?

Kanger is the brand name sheep. Its the kanger T3S

here is a link for you :)

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1943&category_id=69

Another thing I am liking about the T3S is not having to top off my liquids each night. I pretty much switch up my flavors throughout the day primarily between 3 flavors. At the rate I vape and the fact that the liquid tastes the same from top to bottom I now only fill tanks every other or every third day. This makes up for the little bit of extra work it is to fill the T3S. With the T2s the flavor dropoff at a half a tank is significant enough I was topping them off every night when I got home from work.

Do you fill them up and put them in your case or do you bring them along and fill them up as you need them? I have never carried them already filled up because I thought they would leak out in my case being bounced around in my purse. That would be nice though if all you have to do is take it out of the case and put it on the battery.

Do you fill them up and put them in your case or do you bring them along and fill them up as you need them? I have never carried them already filled up because I thought they would leak out in my case being bounced around in my purse. That would be nice though if all you have to do is take it out of the case and put it on the battery.

Right now I have 5 full clearos in my case and I have not had one leak since I stopped using CE4s. They stay full and are in my case, in my pocket, on my desk. Never should a clearo leak when filled just because it is laying sideways. I have a T2 and a T3S of my tobacco flavor in my case all week that never get touched until the weekend when I am drinking on the lake. In the picture I posted of my case every clearo is full. What I meant by this is the T2s seem to have a flavor drop off after about a half a tank so I topped them off every night at home and put them back in my case to use. With the T3S the taste is the same from the first draw till I have nothing but droplets in the bottom. Even though the T3S are harder to fill, the fact that I only have to do it every third day as opposed to every night more than make up the difference.

That is very cool information. I am going to fill up a couple of these CE5s that came in today with different flavors and put them in my case. Then tomorrow I will be able to switch flavors around during the day. Do you keep the plastic tip cover over your drip tips, or is that not necessary?

Excellent review with FAQ's spread throughout the thread. This should be a STICKY THREAD so newbies find it easy.

Thanks for doing this BCarter!!

No problem, I find I learn a lot from my own reviews. Sometimes it helps to look at yourself in third person lol.