What is the difference between a the evod and an ego ce4 ?

I have the kanger evod- I had a panic attack this morning when I got up and tried to vape and there was no vape. I tried everything I plugged it into the charger and charger was green =full charge? ok , tried to vape -zilch. lather rinse repeat this went on for 15 minutes.SO I gave up grabbed the hubbys kanger and went online in a panic and bought an ego ce4 kit (2 pack )

and then I bought a anyvape bcc tank just cause lol

so what are the differences between the ego and the kanger ?

*on a side note nothing was wrong with my kanger , I hadnt turned it on lol to my defense this was a pre-coffee incident I realized after my coffee what I did .

ok a CE4 is a top wicking clearo. Its atty sits on top of a post and wick come down from that and pull the liquid into the coils. The Kanger EVOD is a BCC which means its a bottom feeder. The wick actually sits on the bottom of the tank and wicks the flavor into the coil on the bottom.

The EVOD will allow you to smoke more juice without a huge hassle to get the wick soaked. The CE4 you have to keep tipping it on its side and make sure your keeping the wick saturated.

The EVOD however will flood if the wick loses strands or you attempt to rewick it yourself and you dont put enough wick in the hole. (that would be me..... :D)

overall I prefer the EVOD as i prefer the T3S and MT3S made by Kanger but the CE4 is not a bad product. The biggest difference though is probably the location of the coils. :)

thank you soo much ! I didnt do much investigating because I wanted to get something different than I already had because I was thinking the evod had crapped out on me . ( But it didnt ) I just had a freak out moment needing a spare .

I was planning to get another set for my husband and I anyhow, this just pushed me into it .thank god I didnt start vaping before I got my tax refund, I could blow through it easy enough wanting all kinds of new goodies oh but next year .........

I can replace the clearo and use another one if I want right it will fit?

The EVOD however will flood if the wick loses strands or you attempt to rewick it yourself and you dont put enough wick in the hole. (that would be me..... :D)

Funny you should mention that ......... :thumbup:

I found this out an hour ago.

Awsome good to know .I figure the ce4s that came with the ego batteries will be replaced fairly quickly I am almost certain I wont like them much BUT -ILL LOVE THEM if im in a bind .lol

As long as you get CE4's with the long wicks, there should be no issue with keeping the wick wet.

And on a side note - I lost track of how many times "that's what she said" popped into my head reading through this thread.

CE4 is good to have around in a pinch but most eventually want a clearo-tank with replacable coils. Then instead of $4 throw away, another $4, throw away repeat..... its $4 for the tank setup with your first coil then you reblace the coils and wicks for about $2. Way cheaper, and they typically work better in my experience. Kanger T2 is my personal choice.

CE4 is good to have around in a pinch but most eventually want a clearo-tank with replacable coils. Then instead of $4 throw away, another $4, throw away repeat..... its $4 for the tank setup with your first coil then you reblace the coils and wicks for about $2. Way cheaper, and they typically work better in my experience. Kanger T2 is my personal choice.

It's your choice for now.... :) wait until you try the T3S or the MT3S :guitar:

It's your choice for now.... :) wait until you try the T3S or the MT3S :guitar:

After these run their course and I use up all my coils and such, I am going to make the switch to a bottom feeder. Which of those are better and why?

I am pretty sure both the T3's and the MT3S are the same except one has a SS cover around the tank with a viewing window. The reasons why the T3S/MT3S are better IMO:

1. they are both bottom feeders which means you blow a coil.... no waste of juice. just flip it and replace the coil.

2. you can buy the MT3 or T3 for a discount since those are the old models and buy the bottom rings and viola they become replaceable BCC.

3. they use the same coils as the protank so your draw is just as airy as that if you dont plug the holes

4. AND you can buy T3S/MT3S coils and they will interchange with your protank

5. Last but not least they hold 3mL instead of just 2.4mL.

That is why i will be purchasing more of those instead of the T2's that you originally showed me. :)

I am pretty sure both the T3's and the MT3S are the same except one has a SS cover around the tank with a viewing window. The reasons why the T3S/MT3S are better IMO:

1. they are both bottom feeders which means you blow a coil.... no waste of juice. just flip it and replace the coil.

2. you can buy the MT3 or T3 for a discount since those are the old models and buy the bottom rings and viola they become replaceable BCC.

3. they use the same coils as the protank so your draw is just as airy as that if you dont plug the holes

4. AND you can buy T3S/MT3S coils and they will interchange with your protank

5. Last but not least they hold 3mL instead of just 2.4mL.

That is why i will be purchasing more of those instead of the T2's that you originally showed me. :)

I was looking at them and it appears the KPT coils do not fit these, at least that's what it said at Sweet-Vapes where I order the stuff Brian doesnt have at Veteran. The biggest thing I love about the one KPT I have is the fact I can replace a coil on a full tank. I am sure a gradual switch to bottom feeders are in my future. I just have a ton of T2s that work very well that I plan to use up first. By then, who knows what will be available lol.

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=2015&category_id=46

Is the following wrong?

"NOTE ** ProTank coils will not fit in the MT3S due to the wider flange."

i can tell you they are in fact wrong. I have both of them sitting her and they are exactly the same size... i even put a protank coil in the MT3S to see if it would fit/fire and it work exactly the same.

EDIT: Ok i retract my original statement. I was going back through the coils i have and was going to make a video showing you how they fit. The one set that i actually used was from the first protank i got from brian and they screwed in perfectly. now...... the second gift box set i received i just tried to use one of those coils... and they dont work. so.... I wonder if i got T3S coils with the first box?

hmm... IDK but either way. I prefer the T3S because i can change a coil on the fly. Just like my protank. but i will admit i am wrong on that account.

Edited by IMEDICx90

Gonna order a few to check out. Can you see the liquid level in the MT3S as goof as the clear T3S? Is the metal sleeve just to make it more durable you think? I cannot figure out which I would rather try. I like to be able to easily see the liquid level but on the other hand the metal sleeve looks to make it more durable. Which do you prefer? May be making the switch sooner than later, cant ever have too much stuff lol.

Gonna order a few to check out. Can you see the liquid level in the MT3S as goof as the clear T3S? Is the metal sleeve just to make it more durable you think? I cannot figure out which I would rather try. I like to be able to easily see the liquid level but on the other hand the metal sleeve looks to make it more durable. Which do you prefer? May be making the switch sooner than later, cant ever have too much stuff lol.

at this point its an aesthetic thing for me as they both hit the exact same and they both seem really durable. I like the look of the T3S better then the MT3S just simply bc it holds a little more liquid and i dont care for the metal sleeve. Although with your luck you might want the extra protection.:) LOL.

the only thing i will tell you i dislike about them is the Clear tip. Its not a bad tip or anything but you can see the Water condensation build up in them... so it was just a little off putting to me at first until i got used to it. Before these all my tips are either black or metal so you cant see it. doesnt mean its not there... just hidden i guess? lol

you mean in dimensions? or style?

It looks very similar to a T2.

Its looks exactly like a T3S but has a cover over it.

More dimensions than style, I can tell from the pic it looks a lot like my T2. The only decision before I order 8-10 of these is do I want the T3s or the MT3S. My concern being the MT3S looks more durable but also looks like it would be difficult to see the fluid level with the metal wrap around it.

the wrap isnt all that obstructive of your view. I will say that in a dimly lit room its a little harder to see but on normal conditions... its not a bad tank or viewing window. If you get a T3S and you hate it and want to try an MT3S i will gladly trade you my MT3S for a T3S if thats what you wanna try. :) Although... it has become my go to for work in the factory lol. maybe the metal is just a safety net for my brain.

Ok just ordered 10 T3S in 5 different colors to color code liquids and some 2.2ohm replacement coils. I have a feeling, given I love the way the KPT fills and hits, that I have just replaced my T2s as my go to piece lol. Thanks for the advice, I have a feeling the bottomfeeder aspect will be something I will like a lot.