• Create Account
Photo
- - - - -

What is the difference between a the evod and an ego ce4 ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Christie

Christie

$

• VIP Member
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:Animals ,4-wheeling with my husband, computers,

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I have the kanger evod- I had a panic attack this morning when I got up and tried to vape and there was no vape. I tried everything I plugged it into the charger and charger was green =full charge? ok , tried to vape -zilch. lather rinse repeat this went on for 15 minutes.SO I gave up grabbed the hubbys kanger and went online in a panic and bought an ego ce4 kit (2 pack ) 

and then I bought a anyvape bcc tank just cause lol 

so what are the differences between the ego and the kanger ? 

*on a side note nothing was wrong with my kanger , I hadnt turned it on lol to my defense this was a pre-coffee incident  I realized after my coffee what I did .

#2 IMEDICx90

IMEDICx90

Supplier

• e Cig Supplier
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

ok a CE4 is a top wicking clearo. Its atty sits on top of a post and wick come down from that and pull the liquid into the coils. The Kanger EVOD is a BCC which means its a bottom feeder. The wick actually sits on the bottom of the tank and wicks the flavor into the coil on the bottom.

The EVOD will allow you to smoke more juice without a huge hassle to get the wick soaked. The CE4 you have to keep tipping it on its side and make sure your keeping the wick saturated.

The EVOD however will flood if the wick loses strands or you attempt to rewick it yourself and you dont put enough wick in the hole. (that would be me..... :D)

overall I prefer the EVOD as i prefer the T3S and MT3S made by Kanger but the CE4 is not a bad product. The biggest difference though is probably the location of the coils. :)

#3 Christie

Christie

$

• VIP Member
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

thank you soo much ! I didnt do much investigating because I wanted to get something different than I already had because I was thinking the evod had crapped out on me . ( But it didnt  ) I just had a freak out moment needing a spare .

I was planning to get another set for my husband and I anyhow, this just pushed me into it .thank god I didnt start vaping before I got my tax refund, I could blow through it easy enough wanting all kinds of new goodies oh but next year .........

I can replace the clearo and use another one if I want right it will fit? 

#4 Christie

Christie

$

• VIP Member
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

The EVOD however will flood if the wick loses strands or you attempt to rewick it yourself and you dont put enough wick in the hole. (that would be me..... :D)

Funny you should mention that ......... :thumbup:

I found this out an hour ago.

#5 IMEDICx90

IMEDICx90

Supplier

• e Cig Supplier
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Which clearo? You can use any clearo or tank as long as you have the threads for it. :)

#6 Christie

Christie

$

• VIP Member
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Awsome good to know .I figure the ce4s that came with the ego batteries will be replaced fairly quickly I am almost certain I wont like them much BUT -ILL LOVE THEM  if im in a bind .lol 

#7 Deckyon

Deckyon

Licensed Zombie Hunter

• VIP Member
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Joyetech eVic & eGo E-Cig. CoolFire II

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

As long as you get CE4's with the long wicks, there should be no issue with keeping the wick wet.

And on a side note - I lost track of how many times "that's what she said" popped into my head reading through this thread.

#8 bcartervol98

bcartervol98

Old and Grumpy

• VIP Member
  • 3,276 posts
  • Interests:Boating, fishing, and UT Vols Football!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

CE4 is good to have around in a pinch but most eventually want a clearo-tank with replacable coils. Then instead of $4 throw away, another $4, throw away repeat..... its $4 for the tank setup with your first coil then you reblace the coils and wicks for about $2. Way cheaper, and they typically work better in my experience. Kanger T2 is my personal choice.

#9 IMEDICx90

IMEDICx90

Supplier

• e Cig Supplier
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

CE4 is good to have around in a pinch but most eventually want a clearo-tank with replacable coils. Then instead of $4 throw away, another $4, throw away repeat..... its $4 for the tank setup with your first coil then you reblace the coils and wicks for about $2. Way cheaper, and they typically work better in my experience. Kanger T2 is my personal choice.

It's your choice for now.... :) wait until you try the T3S or the MT3S :guitar:

#10 bcartervol98

bcartervol98

Old and Grumpy

• VIP Member
  • 3,276 posts
  • Interests:Boating, fishing, and UT Vols Football!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

It's your choice for now.... :) wait until you try the T3S or the MT3S :guitar:

After these run their course and I use up all my coils and such, I am going to make the switch to a bottom feeder. Which of those are better and why?