Best starter RBA for the price!

IMEDICx90

well have no fear i bought a simple RDA for two reasons. It appears to be less complicated because there is no tank involved and cant have leaks ad such do to improper assembly for that. and because i drip more often then not at home unless im laying in bed. lol!

Right on!  The IGO-W is rumored to be quite nice plus it gives the option of dual coils or single.  (ha!  I took the time to read the description this time around lol).  Very nice.  I'm sure you'll love it, and there are tons of tutorials out there for those.  

While I'm here, and I'm still stuck on that heavy Richman, I thought I'd share something I just this minute learned.  Here goes:

"the v1 which is only available if you get second-hand has a 2.5mm (same as the AGA). The v2 which will be the ones going up for sale in the next several weeks will be 3mm. No drilling necessary."   quoted from an ape faced avatar guy on another forum.  I hope he's right!   

Almost bought an Igo-W this evening during the vape meet at our local B&M. They are really nice, though a bit pricey offline. I'm also not digging on the placement of the air hole. One of the attendees who had a couple Igo devices, pointed out to me that over-dripping will lead to leakage out the Igo's air holes.

Also got to play around with a Richman this one guy had. I really like that atty!!!

The RDA is great one to start with, you done good. You can try cotton, hemp, silica, ss mesh, ... so many options, or hybrids of those options til you find the way you like best. You did good! You might have to drip more often into it, and not do the 20 drip hold, but that just keeps it fresher right. (re CE post about the airholes).

The igo-w airholes are too low? Can they be liquidnailed and then redrilled a bit higher and still be aligned with the wick for flavor and vapor?

Wait for the 3.0 wick Richman CE! It'll make it more like my DID20, and that thing never ever has a dry hit. (when I roll the wick right, and coil the coils perfectly of course). It does look smashing though don't it. I like the looks. Not so happy about the weight though lol.

The RDA is great one to start with, you done good. You can try cotton, hemp, silica, ss mesh, ... so many options, or hybrids of those options til you find the way you like best. You did good! You might have to drip more often into it, and not do the 20 drip hold, but that just keeps it fresher right. (re CE post about the airholes).

The igo-w airholes are too low? Can they be liquidnailed and then redrilled a bit higher and still be aligned with the wick for flavor and vapor?

Wait for the 3.0 wick Richman CE! It'll make it more like my DID20, and that thing never ever has a dry hit. (when I roll the wick right, and coil the coils perfectly of course). It does look smashing though don't it. I like the looks. Not so happy about the weight though lol.

As Boris the Blade said in the film "Sn@tch:"

"The weight is a sign of reliability....besides, if it doesn't work, you can always hit someone over the head with it!!" :lol:

Yes, the Richman is probably the best looking RBA for the price. The guy I was talking to last night quoted me $35....and I didn't bother to ask if it had a glass tank. Though, I'm sure IBtanked or Phiniac could custom make one if it didn't. Unlike the RSST.....:angry:

I'm sure you could JB weld the hole in the Igo (liquid nails would be quite nasty, let alone completely inappropriate for food-grade use), and drill out a new one. Though, I'll try drilling out a cheap Octopus clone first, as you can get three of those on Fasttech for the price of one Igo-L.

Edited by CascadianExotics

LOL, I like your quote. Definitely a great tool to have for bopping someone upside da head. :D

Jb Weld, that's the stuff. Glad you caught that.

Glass? Yep, it's a Pyrex tank, plus he has spare pyrex tanks for sale on site as well. :)

The main reason I got it was for my Pluid, which needs glass ... and for the looks.

Richman himself just confirmed that the new Richman RBAv2 will indeed have 3mm wickhole.

CE, how lucky is that to get to go to a meet and try new to you stuff and meet new friends in person.

Right on Rixter, thanks!!

I finally got around to setting up my Richman. Unbelievably easy for me! It's so roomy, and the coil's are close to the pos/neg posts, which miminizes hot spots. I've been vaping it on my mini provari, but set it up on the Poldiac so you all can see how nicely it fits a 22mm mod. I didn't take the time to adjust the placement of the wick in relation to the button, you'll just have to pretend it's over the button. I'll set it up for it later after I've put the MadMurdock's Radiator Pluid through the various taste tests at the various volts. I'm still enjoying it at 3.1 believe it or not. lol. Pretty potent flavor!

Drought, what drought? I see green!

post-1865-0-08226800-1373855083_thumb.jp

Richman himself just confirmed that the new Richman RBAv2 will indeed have 3mm wickhole.

CE, how lucky is that to get to go to a meet and try new to you stuff and meet new friends in person.

It's been a long time coming for Oregon. Here, we are so stupidly PC that the lawmakers often forget to look for alternatives when dealing with issues....like health, and quitting smoking.

But, I am jealous of your Richman. I think it would look awesome on a modified Sigelei #19 with a Fusion SG-1 hybrid kit!!!! Let me tell you, that I see green too....only, its green disappearing out of my wallet, LOL!!!!

Also, mad thanks to Rix for posting the links to the Youde product line....I foresee more green disappearing out of my wallet in the near future!!!

Edited by CascadianExotics