Waterproof E-Cig?

I have sort of searched but cannot find anything. As many of you know I am a huge boater and water person. From April till October we spend most Saturday nights and all day Sundays on our boat on the lake. A lot of the time we are in the water for extended periods of time floating and "beating the heat" lol. I am finding this is the only time I still feel like there is something missing with vaping. I am so used to sitting in my floating chair and keeping my analogs on the back of the boat, swim over, light one, and continue drinking and socializing. Doesn't help almost all our friends smoke still.

I guess my question is does anyone know of an e-cig battery that is waterproof or designed for such? Is there a case or sleeve or anything else that anyone knows of? It sure would be nice to be able to use mine instead of having to get out of the water and dry off my hands each time I want a pull.

I have spares, and it hasnt been that hot here, the water is still a little cool. I hung my lanyard on the back where I can get to it. I just know in a couple weeks it is going to be that heat where you are out of the water for a few minutes and have to get back in for comfort lol. Or hit the cabin and turn on the AC!

Edited by bcartervol98

My first thought is some setup with an automatic battery so you eliminate the button. Then you could possibly find an o-ring that would fit between the batt and cart and that may not proof it but certainly make it resistant from wet hands.

Good idea for a product. Get on it b and you could make your first mil

I would think one could make an injection molded product with a cap that works like a float or tube does, remove the stopper take a pull and replace the stopper. Problem would be airflow. Hmmmm.

My wife was in the pool with her ego battery an vivi nove tank a bee came to xlose she wasn't thinking an she swung at with the hand she had the unit in an it went under water all we did was dry it off chang wick an juice an it still works perfectly fine

If i understand you, something like a thermometer case. The cap would have to cover air holes. And youd never have to touch the e-cig. And if was soft case, you could use a membrane pad like cell phone covers use snd youd get your switch back....hmmmm

I am not wondering about accidentally getting it wet, I am talking about floating around in the water without worrying about it getting wet. A case that floats, allows airflow while remaining water and moisture free. I am sure I will eventually drop one in the water, I just want to be able to vape while everyone else is floating around with analogs hanging out of their mouths. There has to be a solution.

You might find something at the walmart. Travel case for toothbrush kind of thing. Maybe cosmetic department. They have lots of oddball cases....

BCarter Might be a little primative, but as a workaround, I would try a quart size ziplock freezer bag. Put it in there with a washcloth and let it float. That should work temporarily. Good luck.

Thats a great idea, pope as awork around (he's probably already on the boat). Tupperware bowl. Then you could chain it to your float chair, I know, dorkey but hey. Whatever gets you through.

Condom and an o-ring or a rubber band. Wrap it in the condom up to the bottom of the drip tip, then put the o-ring or rubber band over it. That should make it pretty water resistant, although I don't know if it will completely waterproof it. I remember reading about the condom trick with some other electronic device... just don't remember what exactly.

JollyRogers made a mod out of a military grade/waterproof case before. It's hard to believe a Modder hasn't made waterproof ones mainstream, for swimmers, hikers, boaters, monsoons seasons, half our lives are spent in the water. I would ask various modders to make one and see what you end up with in designs and prices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bumping to say over the weekend, after my wife dropped her KPT on the boat and didnt remember it, and I got up and ended up digging glass out of my foot, she also jumped into the water with a T3S on top of a 1300MAH Spinner and didnt realize it for about 10 minutes when I said "Hey that looks like a lanyard around your neck". I dried off her battery and put on a new clearo and still works like a charm.

lolmoonshine

Sounds like you had a great time! Too bad about the foot....

It wasn't that bad, just a couple small punctures and some intravenous nicotine to wake me up lol. Compared to other injuries I have sustained on our drunken weekends on the lake, it was rather minor lol.