Newbi Viva Nova Coil question 2

How long do the coils last and how do you know when it is time to change them? Do you take them out and clean them occassionally to extend their life and if so how often? What does it mean by long wick and what is a long wicks purpose? Is it better and if so why? Sorry so many questions nbut I am very new and there is so much to learn.

No Worries....thats why we are all here, to learn and help each other.

I don't usually take them out to clean them, unless I feel like its getting clogged. (poor vapor). The replacement wicks are not very expensive, when they stop working the way I want them to...amount of vapor and flavor...I put in a new heating element.

The long wicks are to help wick the liquid to the heating element which is located at the mouth piece end of the tank, as the liquid level drops in the tank, the longer wicks stay in contact with liquid. . Personally, I don't notice any difference between short or long. no matter which length its a matter of making sure the wicks are wet before vaping.

Thanks Kitsune,

When you are talking about wicks and heating elements are these the same thing as the replacement coils? If so about how often do you have to change yours out?

The long wick coils hang down in the juice tank farther so there is less of s chance for a dry hit. I dont clean my coils. I just toss em out when they stop working.

Long Wick:

coil-head-for-vivi-nova-tank.jpg

Short Wick:

v3%20nova%20short%20wick.jpg

Edited by jeffb

ya, same thing. The wicks are added to the heating coil to allow liquid to wick to the heating element. mine usually last me a couple weeks give or take, sometimes 3. For 3.00....its about the 1/3 of the cost of a pack cigarettes, I figure for that price, I just change the coil when the vapor falls off or the flavor seems to get a bit of a burnt flavor. even if I changed them every week, its still sooooooo much cheaper than smoking.