Kanger Pro Tank

I didn't see a thread here about the Kanger Pro Tank, and was hoping we could have a single thread to discuss this bad boy.

My initial thoughts:

Pros

• They are built like a tank (get it?)
  • I have yet to have one leak
  • Pyrex !
  • Easy to set up
  • Easy to fill
  • Easy to clean
  • Super easy to see your juice level.
  • Comes in a nice case, with two atomizers and a collar thingy
  • Price (wont break your bank)

Cons

• Airy draw (when will someone make a universal tip to go on top!!!!).
  • Heavy (im a ego-spinner battery kinda guy)

I have purchased five of them from Mt Baker for $22.95. I have seen them a smidgen cheaper, but often out of stock, and I tend to buy 85% of my juice from MBV.

Would love to hear other's thoughts, links on who carries them....sort of the be all end all thread for the product.

I got one from 'myvaporstore.com' for 18.69; ordered 4/17/13. They may be out of stock now :(

I don't have much to compare it to but I really like it, and I'm a Amaretto fan which I hear is a tank buster - fixed that!

iVape had some for 14.95 if you don't want the fancy smancy box; and of course there are some of the older ones on E-Bay without box that are a bit overpiced (if you're desperate :) )

Edited by daleron

Do you have a Vivi Nova Stu? how does it compare if you do? I found them in stock at litecig for $18.95 http://www.litecigusa.net/Kangertech_ProTank_p/kanger-protank.htm

I do in fact have one Vivi Nova. Except for the fact that it's acrylic, I like it. It's lighter than the protank, and has a tighter draw, something which is oddly VERY important to me. I did wind up buying an aluminum replacement for for the tank itself, but I do think the inside of it is still acrylic, and mine has some weird fogging on it. I dont think that affects anything other than seeing in the little window.

The whole reason for me buying the Kanger Pro Tanks is because of the Pyrex. I use flavored juices, mostly MT Baker mentholy type stuff, and Niquid, and after all the reading of the acrylics cracking (i have some that have started), I chose to pull the plug on the Pro Tanks. I have 5 of them, and honestly, I just might sell them because of the airy draw issue. I know I know....seems like a small issue and I'm crazy, but that's me!

Edited by CaptStuBeans

Replace the Protank head with the head from the Evod. You're draw will tighten up. Another handyman fix, place one wrap of teflon tape around the post and poke out however many holes you find works for you. There are 4 airflow holes around the base of the protank. I just got mine this weekend and haven't played with the airflow yet. I have however started taking really light slow inhale vs pulls and i don't really notice other then i have to pay attn and not just puff away. But the tank itself is just fabulous so far.

Replace the Protank head with the head from the Evod. You're draw will tighten up. Another handyman fix, place one wrap of teflon tape around the post and poke out however many holes you find works for you. There are 4 airflow holes around the base of the protank. I just got mine this weekend and haven't played with the airflow yet. I have however started taking really light slow inhale vs pulls and i don't really notice other then i have to pay attn and not just puff away. But the tank itself is just fabulous so far.

I agree, I think the tank is made well....like a tank. I dont think the head comes off of the ProTank. Does yours?

I purchased this a few days ago. So far it has been the very best vaping experience I have had. I am running 24mg Mountain Dew juice through it from theecig.com. I have heard that the coil/atty wear out very fast, but I've been vaping the hell out of it for 2 days and so far no signs of it going bad. I ordered 5 more coils just because I would hate to be without vape for any length of time.

Also, to make the protank Vape even better, remove the top wick off the head. They're small wicks so make sure it's only one you take our or it will leak.

I've found the Protank to be pretty similar to the other Kanger products i've tried, which is 1 or 2 decent vapes then dry dry scratchy scratchy hits. They also do not fair well at all over 7 watts, which IMO is where most seasoned vapers vape.

Removing the top wick worked great, throat hit and flavor immediately skyrocketed, and wicking issues disappeared, however it seems to be leaking badly every so often, seemingly when my tank gets low on juice. Any suggestions/thoughts? I'm 95% sure i only removed one wick, but i could be wrong. Guess i'll just have to swap heads and try again.

I need to spend more time with these but once that top wick is removed it's really performing impressively.

Wow, sounds interesting, but how about a video or some good pictures about it? I'm not entirely sure by just a few words on the internet

You could always do a search on Youtube. I'm sure there are plenty of reviews on it there. :)

Got mine just the other day and...man! Talk about some vapor coming out. :D

The first coil burned out in less than 24 hours and I didn't even use it that much. I discovered that my local brick & mortar store carries these so I went to get replacement coils. They handed me a box of EVOD coils and said that they fit the Pro Tank. Thankfully, the coils are very inexpensive. I'm hoping this one lasts longer than the first did. I like the Pro Tank much better than the iClear30.

• 3 weeks later...

I have three and will more then likely be getting rid of them. :( for the most part they are great tanks, when they don't break. I had 5 at one point. Have broken 2 of the 510 connections right off. No bueno.

Got mine just the other day and...man! Talk about some vapor coming out. :D

The first coil burned out in less than 24 hours and I didn't even use it that much. I discovered that my local brick & mortar store carries these so I went to get replacement coils. They handed me a box of EVOD coils and said that they fit the Pro Tank. Thankfully, the coils are very inexpensive. I'm hoping this one lasts longer than the first did. I like the Pro Tank much better than the iClear30.

Tam (or anyone else )can you confirm the evod coils work in the protank? My vendor didn't know...

Tam, what brick and mortar do you go to? Thanks

Tam (or anyone else )can you confirm the evod coils work in the protank? My vendor didn't know...

Tam, what brick and mortar do you go to? Thanks

Yes, the EVOD coils work just fine in the Pro Tank. The one I used to replace the original that came with the Pro Tank is still going strong. :)

The brick and mortar I go to is called Vapor Source. It's in Pueblo and now has two locations. The bigger store with more inventory is on 29th street.

Thanks...I have to go to Pueblo soon, so will check them out..funny, Pueblo has as many vape stores as Denver....

Take the 29th street exit. At the end of the off-ramp take a right. There's a little strip of stores on your left across the street from a Safeway and you'll find it there. Jason, the owner, is great to work with. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines