Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Kanger Pro Tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 CaptStuBeans

CaptStuBeans

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

I didn't see a thread here about the Kanger Pro Tank, and was hoping we could have a single thread to discuss this bad boy. 

My initial thoughts: 

Pros

• They are built like a tank (get it?)
  • I have yet to have one leak
  • Pyrex !
  • Easy to set up
  • Easy to fill
  • Easy to clean
  • Super easy to see your juice level. 
  • Comes in a nice case, with two atomizers and a collar thingy
  • Price (wont break your bank)

Cons

• Airy draw (when will someone make a universal tip to go on top!!!!). 
  • Heavy (im a ego-spinner battery kinda guy)

I have purchased five of them from Mt Baker for $22.95. I have seen them a smidgen cheaper, but often out of stock, and I tend to buy 85% of my juice from MBV.  

Would love to hear other's thoughts, links on who carries them....sort of the be all end all thread for the product. 

• Uma likes this

#2 Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

You should post up some pics ;)

#3 jeffb

jeffb

I always will be awesome

• V|T Admin
  • 8,163 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas & getting caught in the rain

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Do you have a Vivi Nova Stu? how does it compare if you do? I found them in stock at litecig for $18.95 http://www.litecigus...ger-protank.htm

#4 daleron

daleron

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Reading, surfing the net, vaping :)

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

I got one from 'myvaporstore.com' for 18.69; ordered 4/17/13. They may be out of stock now :(

I don't have much to compare it to but I really like it, and I'm a Amaretto fan which I hear is a tank buster - fixed that!

iVape had some for 14.95 if you don't want the fancy smancy box; and of course there are some of the older ones on E-Bay without box that are a bit overpiced (if you're desperate :) )

Edited by daleron, 25 April 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#5 CaptStuBeans

CaptStuBeans

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

Do you have a Vivi Nova Stu? how does it compare if you do? I found them in stock at litecig for $18.95 http://www.litecigus...ger-protank.htm

I do in fact have one Vivi Nova. Except for the fact that it's acrylic, I like it. It's lighter than the protank, and has a tighter draw, something which is oddly VERY important to me. I did wind up buying an aluminum replacement for for the tank itself, but I do think the inside of it is still acrylic, and mine has some weird fogging on it. I dont think that affects anything other than seeing in the little window. 

The whole reason for me buying the Kanger Pro Tanks is because of the Pyrex. I use flavored juices, mostly MT Baker mentholy type stuff, and Niquid, and after all the reading of the acrylics cracking (i have some that have started), I chose to pull the plug on the Pro Tanks. I have 5 of them, and honestly, I just might sell them because of the airy draw issue. I know I know....seems like a small issue and I'm crazy, but that's me!

Edited by CaptStuBeans, 26 April 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#6 Viper Ron

Viper Ron

eGo maniac & Megaholic

• VIP Member
  • 1,663 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Games and Website Building.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

The Vivi Nova I bought has a Pyrex Tank maybe you bought a knockoff Nova?

#7 Viper Ron

Viper Ron

eGo maniac & Megaholic

• VIP Member
  • 1,663 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Games and Website Building.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Maybe I'm wrong about the Pyrex!!!! Can,t find a link that says what it's made from :cheers:

#8 CaptStuBeans

CaptStuBeans

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

I bought mine from here...or the vapor store attached to this site. It's definitely acrylic. 

Maybe I'm wrong about the Pyrex!!!! Can,t find a link that says what it's made from :cheers:

#9 Proetus

Proetus

Let's do a coop!

• VIP Member
  • 1,228 posts
  • Interests:Homebrewing, Slow Cooked/smoked BBQ!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Replace the Protank head with the head from the Evod. You're draw will tighten up. Another handyman fix, place one wrap of teflon tape around the post and poke out however many holes you find works for you. There are 4 airflow holes around the base of the protank. I just got mine this weekend and haven't played with the airflow yet. I have however started taking really light slow inhale vs pulls and i don't really notice other then i have to pay attn and not just puff away. But the tank itself is just fabulous so far.

#10 CaptStuBeans

CaptStuBeans

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Replace the Protank head with the head from the Evod. You're draw will tighten up. Another handyman fix, place one wrap of teflon tape around the post and poke out however many holes you find works for you. There are 4 airflow holes around the base of the protank. I just got mine this weekend and haven't played with the airflow yet. I have however started taking really light slow inhale vs pulls and i don't really notice other then i have to pay attn and not just puff away. But the tank itself is just fabulous so far.

I agree, I think the tank is made well....like a tank. I dont think the head comes off of the ProTank. Does yours?